+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2180

Thread: The Viz Media Thread

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: The Viz Media Thread

When is that interview with Oda from Jump Festa 12 gonna be in SJA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomkey View Post
    When is that interview with Oda from Jump Festa 12 gonna be in SJA?
    It starts this weeks issue, then continues in the week after that's issue, and then a video of Oda drawing Luffy will be on SJ Alpha.com the week after that.
    I made this terrible username almost 6 years ago!

Whoa, I had no idea we had that stuff to look forward to!

I thought Oda was against being filmed though?

Quote Originally Posted by Maron View Post
    Whoa, I had no idea we had that stuff to look forward to!

I thought Oda was against being filmed though?
    Well, if it follows suit of Massashi Kishimto's video and Tite Kubo's video we will probably just be seeing Oda's hands most of the time.

Why wasn't the interview in the issue?

I assume the Oda Sensei interview is in the next issue. They took a break inbetween the Kishimoto Sensei and Kubo Sensei interviews didn't they? Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

I am just going to guess it was because they teased the Toriko X OP crossover in this issue.

Naruto in first.

Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

I finally got Vol. 61 the other day. It's strange seeing the fan art gallery back after so long.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Yes, getting closer each and every time

Heres the story on ANN as well
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

This is great news. Hopefully, it might stay in the Top 10 for a least a couple more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    This is great news. Hopefully, it might stay in the Top 10 for a least a couple more weeks.
    I'm pretty sure this list is only for bookstores. Just as well, it's been selling really well on Amazon for quite a while.

And once again, let's not forget digital sales. I actually have bought volumes 60+ from Viz Manga.

Hi guys, since this place seems to have quite a few people who know Japanese I though I'd ask.
    I'm new so please don't flame me if this isn't the appropriate thread, I figure it's a better bet than starting a new topic.
    I was reading scanlations initially until I started buying Viz volumes this year, and I was noticing some differences. Nevermind the names or things like Kami, or even occasional typos, they don't bother me much.
    But there are specific instances in translation where it seems to either differ severely from what I recall from scanlations, as well as seemingly conflict with what's happening in the panels.
    One of the later volumes that I noticed it was third page of chapter 526 where Domino talks about boiling prisoners' clothing as "baptizing" instead of prisoner being themselves dipped into hot water, was that confirmed to be a mistranslation?
    Another one that stuck out yesterday was conclusion of Zoro and Kaku fight, where the dialogue is very different. In Viz version Kaku exclaims that the Zoro turned his own (Zoro's) attack into mist, even though pictorially it seems like he Turned Kaku's attack into mist and that's the way it was translated in scanlations.
    But then Zoro's attack itself is called "silver mist". Not sure here. Then there is also in the same panels Zoro's exlamation about suffering being good on the path of carnage in scanlations, whereas Viz translates as "pain and suffering, that is the path the lies before you" directed at Kaku. Similar but ultimately rather different.
    Whenever I run into stuff like this it makes me scratch my head and wonder how legitimate is the rest of the translation that I assumed to be correct. Can anybody familiar with the original language enlighten me about these?
    There's more but these are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

The translations might be tweaked a little to what the scanlator prefers. They might've thought that the mist came from Kaku's attack or vice versa and decided to change it so it made more sense. As with the "baptizing", it could very well just be a choice of words. Perhaps the Japanese word used was something like "initiated", or "reborn", and VIZ did not think to use the word "baptize" so they just said "bathed in hot water". This isn't really my area of expertise, but if Stephen decides to pop his head in here I'm sure he can give you better answers.

He's talking about how Viz's translation says they boil the clothes instead of putting the prisoners in hot water.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

naruto is still number 1 =(
    Like this page if you want One Piece Color Walk 1 to be reprinted again by Vizmedia
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reprint-One-Piece-Color-Walk-1/211958312191582

Of course it is, I doubt that will change soon.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Of course it is, I doubt that will change soon.
    Or ever for that matter

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information