+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Opening 15: "We go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani

Default Re: One Piece Opening 15: "We go!" by Hiroshi Kitadani

I dunno. I must be the only one who feels the tune from that Gigant Battle 2 trailer comes nowhere close to the epicness of We Are! With voices singing to the melody, it may sound better, but all in all I'm getting a bad feeling from it. Sure, it has tons of motifs and recognizable sounds that I'd describe at One-Piecey in nature, but above and beyond it all I'd call those sounds a confused maelstrom of 'how many different instruments, sound effects and melodies can we squeeze into a short theme song'. It lacks cohesion. But, if anything, I feel it would have been a perfect fit for the One Piece 3D movie, which was 100% chaotic and free-spirited in nature.

But as a replacement/follow-up for We Are? Nope. It does not come close.

The animated stuff I saw in the vids looked pretty epic though. :)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

That intrumental sounds awesome! Can't wait to see the actual opening.

Instrumentals do sound awesome. They definitely have the We Are vibe, but still sound a bit more serious in a way that reflects how the tone of the series has changed since the start

One week left until the new "We Are!".

Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Is it just me or is Luffy's hair a little longer than it usually is?
    I remember reading on the OP Wiki that his hair has been drawn longer in the manga since the timeskip a few weeks back. I never noticed.

I REALLY hope Toei will actually improve the animation but I know we'll never see animation on par with that game's opening on the actual anime.

Panthera69 posted this in the "New World" arc, but here it is again the cover of the "We Go!" single (which I hope has the new "We Are!" rendition on it as well):

I'm waiting until I can find it in stock for pre-order so I can buy it. I also just realized that Toriko will have a new ending song in October as well (I think it's the same night as "We Go!" actually) so that will be worth the wait also.

Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

Quote Originally Posted by Yonkou255 View Post
    I REALLY hope Toei will actually improve the animation but I know we'll never see animation on par with that game's opening on the actual anime.
    To be fair, it's a lot easier to make a minute or two of really nice, consistent animation than it is for a full half hour. The animation has been improving lately.

Perplexingly Preposterous Roronoa Dodo's Avatar

1. I liked the part where Sanji put his head in a Wanted cutout.
    2. Putting old Usopp side by side with timeskip Usopp showed a massive difference.
    3. Kidd vs Franky gave me Magneto vs Wolverine vibes.
    4. I would kill to see a full fight between Sanji vs Marco. That teaser looked really awesome. Man do they know how to sell a game.
    5. Elephant Gun/Luffy's CoA attacks are going to be coloured dark blue? hmm
    6. I noticed the slightly longer hair too, but It could just be the angle since there wasn't a difference in the manga.
    7. Not too big on the instrumental version. It does have the upbeat music that I can relate to One Piece though; I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Looking forward to an HD version of that soon.

The era of Whitebeard is over. The time of Brownbeard, has come.

I will survive this hell! Kishido's Avatar

Sanji vs Marco would be epic. Both are blonde, can fly and use some sort of heat. One of my dreams for the actual manga
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me… "Black Leg" Sanji!

I'm loving the look for the cover of the "We Go!" single, although I wish the placement for the characters were arranged so that Franky's arms were visible.
    I'm also liking the instrumental version and I can't wait to see it officially animated.

Hopefully Gigant Battle 2: New World! will get a European release like the first one is. Now THAT I would shell out for. I never even thought about buying the first one. Hm. Now that I think about it I should get the first if I'm getting the second, seeing as how you can import unlocked characters from the first game into this one...

the answer is synthetic. zachri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Dodo View Post
    1. I liked the part where Sanji put his head in a Wanted cutout.
    2. Putting old Usopp side by side with timeskip Usopp showed a massive difference.
    3. Kidd vs Franky gave me Magneto vs Wolverine vibes.
    4. I would kill to see a full fight between Sanji vs Marco. That teaser looked really awesome. Man do they know how to sell a game.
    5. Elephant Gun/Luffy's CoA attacks are going to be coloured dark blue? hmm
    6. I noticed the slightly longer hair too, but It could just be the angle since there wasn't a difference in the manga.
    7. Not too big on the instrumental version. It does have the upbeat music that I can relate to One Piece though; I'm sure it'll grow on me.

Looking forward to an HD version of that soon.
    ^prettymuchallofthiswaswhatIwasgonnasaylol^

Thou shalt be ended in the name of the League of zachri and the Lawfare army.

That trailer is awesome and makes me even more excited to see everyone animated in the New World Arc soon!

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstje View Post
    I dunno. I must be the only one who feels the tune from that Gigant Battle 2 trailer comes nowhere close to the epicness of We Are! With voices singing to the melody, it may sound better, but all in all I'm getting a bad feeling from it. Sure, it has tons of motifs and recognizable sounds that I'd describe at One-Piecey in nature, but above and beyond it all I'd call those sounds a confused maelstrom of 'how many different instruments, sound effects and melodies can we squeeze into a short theme song'. It lacks cohesion. But, if anything, I feel it would have been a perfect fit for the One Piece 3D movie, which was 100% chaotic and free-spirited in nature.

But as a replacement/follow-up for We Are? Nope. It does not come close.

The animated stuff I saw in the vids looked pretty epic though. :)
    The instrumental for "We Are" is far from being "epic."

It sounds great, but most important of all it's reminiscent of "We Are" and it oozes that One Piece feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior Steve View Post
    The instrumental for "We Are" is far from being "epic."

It sounds great, but most important of all it's reminiscent of "We Are" and it oozes that One Piece feeling.
    This times a thousand. Regardless of people's opinions on the instrumental it is an erupting volcano of One Piece
    UK Shonen Jump Fans show VIZ you want Shonen Jump Alpha!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02875369802750

My dream tracklist from this album:

1.) "We Go!"
    2.) "We Are!" (new rendition from episode 516)
    3.) "We Go!" (Instrumental)
    4.) "We Are!" ([2011] Instrumental)

And then maybe a few other Kita-san songs inserted if they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samwize78 View Post
    Panthera69 posted this in the "New World" arc, but here it is again the cover of the "We Go!" single (which I hope has the new "We Are!" rendition on it as well):

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ah8ls7.jpg

I'm waiting until I can find it in stock for pre-order so I can buy it. I also just realized that Toriko will have a new ending song in October as well (I think it's the same night as "We Go!" actually) so that will be worth the wait also.
    the cover is nice!

Tonight's the night for the new "We Are!"! I don't think anyone is more excited than me.

It is only a more rocker version of the song, I don't think it is a good idea to get so hyped for it. You are making sound as if it is going to be like opening 10.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information