View Poll Results: Would you like to be able to give feedback to the staff of arlongpark?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 82.35%
  • No

7 13.73%
  • a third option/route that would work better (elaborate)

3 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Staff and forum feedback.

Default Re: Staff and forum feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    Gekko doesn't need my money. He's got tons of it on his exotic moon resort.

Mette, we should totally revive the wiki thread and have waffle battles
    Or go to fp chat :p

And I still need to make a meet the mods trailer , who wants to be the heavy weapons guy?

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    Or go to fp chat :p

And I still need to make a meet the mods trailer , who wants to be the heavy weapons guy?
    lol yeah, or that. but you know, that wiki thread I suggested a long time ago was meant as a fun way to get to know people better. It even had a lot of momentum at first. It's might have worked better if the actual thing wasn't on a different website cuz after the 4-week break, people lost interest.

Heavy weapons should obviously go to Urouge.

If I was an admin, I would make an e-harmony profile and link it in my sig so all the members can find out how they sync up with me based on thousands of compatibility quotients!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

In case my totally wacky responses have not indicated anything, I have actually paid a lot of attention to this thread and given it quite a bit of thought and examination. I will not write a large, overbearing post on the subject. I only have one blunt response that sums up my thoughts in relation to this entire topic:

Vague. Indeterminate.

Heavy weapons should obviously go to Urouge.
    Somebody edit this now

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    This is also an excellent point i wanted to bring up (not sure if have) about creating a transparent place for staff and members. I know a lot of you are busy, but if would be nice to have something we could openly converse with you on.

Though I think if you want some of your life to remain personal then keep it like that as its your right to do so. But banter and small things can often replace the need for that depth.

Request: When you folks do get around to destroying me, could you post the jaws theme music moments before.

Would be an epic way to go out.
    Are you trolling for a ban? Are you really?

They banter all over the damn place. They always have! Did when they were regular posters, still do now. Hell, some of them are bantering in this very thread! There's no need for a "transparent place" because this isn't China, goddamn.

You act like the moment a mod appears s/he's there to trample over your little Precious Moments tea party.

They're in here trying to figure out what you want but "no suh, no siriee, i'ma jus go march up onto dat execution platform n' put my head under dat dere guillotine. For the cause. );" Now folks are feeling adversarial when they never did and your purpose of creating a problem out of what could have been a very helpful discussion has been served. Grats.

Every post you go "they're gonna ban me for speaking, they're gonna ban me, the cruel One Piece forum mod proletariat North Korean regime!" like you're trying to make a non-issue into a self-fulfilling prophecy. You're hurling insults and making off-the-wall conjecture to earnest, sincere answers and ignoring everything that does not agree with your drive - which has been, from the start, to vaguely disagree with how the mods run things. You introduce the notion of "they'll ban me if I say too much...!" as if it were clever, as if it were subtle, and then mention it in every subsequent post despite it not even being on the table. Right: they'll ban you for using the suggestions subforum for suggestions.

It's the furthest thing from the truth.

If they banned you, it'd be for trolling.

---

May cooler heads prevail for the remainder of this thread? I'd like something good to come of this.

Can we get some people in here willing to have a big boys discussion about things they might like to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    If I was an admin, I would make an e-harmony profile and link it in my sig so all the members can find out how they sync up with me based on thousands of compatibility quotients!
    you had me at free ice cream

wait, there's ice cream.... where?
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Somebody edit this now
    And don't forget to add in the rest of the mods. Buster Call is the medic. Robby can be Demo or Soldier.

I really do miss that wiki btw (not greatly or anything). I'm just curious why people stopped posting in the thread.

And don't forget to add in the rest of the mods. Buster Call is the medic. Robby can be Demo or Soldier.

I really do miss that wiki btw (not greatly or anything). I'm just curious why people stopped posting in the thread.
    Well, I think people stopped posting because a wall was put up between .... oh wait that's something else O_o

Or, it could have been due to the fact that the profiles for the mods were all made up
    maybe next time, the creator could try interviewing the mods/admins Oh, I forgot about the wall
    WARNING (Explicit Dialog)!!

Freedom will be the pyro for shit and giggles

And why can't I use Gimp , stupid x11

I came here to ITS NO USE Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

I've tried reading this thread a few times over and I'm sorry but I still don't really get what's being proposed here. My initial thoughts were an open feedback thread, which makes some sense and all, but it seems to have spiraled into something ridiculous. I don't get why this is even argued when all it takes to get to know an admin or mod is as simple as getting to know a regular member. Drop a PM or a VM! Ask them how they've been or how they are. Even the most quiet of mods are easy enough to talk to. I mean, I randomly struck up a conversation with Windrays when he was still mod and it was just like talking to a regular member. And I'm terrible at talking to people, so if I can do it, anybody can!

Yeah.

I mean Kitsune has to be worried about being turned into a coat, and he stilll pulls it off.
    For me personally I'm always fairly active in manga/anime and super active in VG for games I like.

Well in all seriousness I thought it was about better comminucation with mods and that a vm or a pm seems a bit weird if you don't know the person to well

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    Well, I think people stopped posting because a wall was put up between .... oh wait that's something else O_o

Or, it could have been due to the fact that the profiles for the mods were all made up
    maybe next time, the creator could try interviewing the mods/admins Oh, I forgot about the wall
    What? You mean to tell me that Robby wasn't "abandoned in the Antarctic to be raised by the Bobart husky pack"? M-My world has been shattered!! How dare you toy with the heart of a young maiden!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Oh and another random example of staff related questions: who is mumbo and why is he part of the staff. Nobody knows anything about him and can't see why he should have a position when it could go to somebody more capable or dedicated.
    He's not part of the staff. He's an editor.

People being silenced and media being moderated to the extent that the people cannot express themselves at all, nor feel safe doing so. Yeah that comparison is nothing like north koreas mindset.

Though please do indulge us as to one you think is more fitting, though I'm not sure you would know any more from that throne of yours.
    I think, in my omnipotent fashion, that you should express yourself through tangible examples rather than vague concepts.

You know what, I'm not even going to bother responding to all these random lies and accusations. Also, a forum is not a government and the two really can't be compared. So just stop.

I haven't been vague nor not given examples of this threads usage. But as you would like them delivered to you directly I'll make another list of issues that would fall under this thread and reasons why they can't be done via the other options i have mentioned several times already. I'm also currently pooling in issues from various members to add to this as the next few days goes on so don't expect it all on a silver platter at once as this is a slow and delicate process.
    Why? Just post one. That's enough to start with.

I'm not mentioning names and not mentioning specific situations as im not going to exacerbate it even more. Something that has also been requested to me by those involved due to them being to afraid to discuss it without a backlash.
    So basically, you can't stomach the entire point of this thread in the first place. You want a place where you can post this stuff, but you still won't.

It is also here to discuss infractions you have got that are unfair. Or the possibility of having them removed after a set amount of time, or even just after the person has made significant changes after that event occurred. Permanent infractions are ridiculous and should have an expiration date that doesn't go into years.
    Those are only visible to you and the staff, and while they act as a warning and deterrent, they also act as a record for us. It's not like we're blind and can't see the dates and look at the posts if we ever have to make a decision concerning them. I don't understand why you ever even look at them.

It should be used for the spoiler section only and nothing else. Something i think we should be able to discuss here as well. Not just this option but other rules at your disposal that we might not think fair or misused.
    Bans are not up for debate. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    While I hate it when mods say stuff like "this thread has less dumb in it than I expected..."
    That was supposed to be a compliment (to everyone who was posting).

Well in all seriousness I thought it was about better comminucation with mods and that a vm or a pm seems a bit weird if you don't know the person to well
    If you have a forum issue you should always feel free to PM us.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom View Post
    wait, there's ice cream.... where?
    Hi .

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    Yeah. I mean Kitsune has to be worried about being turned into a coat, and he stilll pulls it off. For me personally I'm always fairly active in manga/anime and super active in VG for games I like.
    So... what is your star sign?

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

You know what's the problem with these kind of threads, threads where we discuss about the forum or about forummembers. It's that they always end up in what I call "gossip-threads".

Gossip can be fun and is entertaining but it mostly only leads to drama and problems. I don't think that, that's the purpose of this site. Let's discuss manga, anime and the latest news.

And about the mods, everybody knows that there is just one evil mod out there. I don't want to get into a name-calling situation but coughrobbycoughbedfartcough.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken View Post
    So... what is your star sign?
    I was born under

a DARKSTAR

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information