+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 644: "To Zero"

Default Re: Chapter 644: "To Zero"

So is Hody really defeated ? It's strange that he will be down before the rest of the NFPs. Or maybe the rest will be defeated off panel or surrender?

Not Exactly Unambiguous CaptainPaige's Avatar

Well, Red Hawk was unexpected and awesome. Rest of the chapter was well done, too. I'm excited to see how the arc is gonna end.

The end was perfect, a true Luffy "I've Had Enough of Your Crap" moment. The flashback was suprisingly dark for OP.

Poor Aokiji, you get a cool devil fruit that turns you into ice and every asshole on the sea can set themselves on fire.
    I don't support the theory my avatar is suggesting.
    I just like the merger of my two favorite characters.
    Back Shantae: Half-Genie Hero(via PayPal) for quirky 2-D Metroidvania goodness
    (^wouldn't you like to donate money. To a child. Like me? ;_;)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Abel View Post
    So is Hody really defeated ? It's strange that he will be down before the rest of the NFPs. Or maybe the rest will be defeated off panel or surrender?
    They are all way weaker then the SHs, that has been estabilished, I'm really worried about seeing them fight each other, I want to see the SHs one shotting them with new tricks.

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

So Luffy ate Ace's DF during the timeskip?! I always knew being made of rubber saves you from exploding after eating two DFs

Just joking... I agree, the chapter itself was kinda boring, but the new attack is really cool!
    You might as well forget about seeing the light of day. Ever again.

I'm going to be so pissed if Hody gets up from that, Ace took the same amount of damage and died for it as a logia, Hody is flesh and blood. He has to die.

Rather brutal chapter, but if this is the strength of Luffys resolve now... I'm pretty excited for the New World.

Like many others have said, surprisingly great chapter. Loved the fb, simple yet effective explanation for Hody's grudge.
    Fukaboshi's dialogue is also very interesting and thought provoking.
    And of course there's Luffy being a badass. Great chapter. It feels like the story is really moving now.

Oh God, Arlong's bandanna is hilarious. I'm not sure how well the KKK comparison works though.. FishandMer folks are very much oppressed in very obvious ways by the people they're hating. It's hard to argue the same for the KKK, especially in the beginning of their existance.

Quote Originally Posted by y2kyle89 View Post
    Poor Aokiji, you get a cool devil fruit that turns you into ice and every asshole on the sea can set themselves on fire.
    Hahahahahahaha .

Who else loved Hodi's Epic Face at the last page xD

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

Hody may or may not die but we should keep in mind Luffy "only" punched through him. Akainu created a head-sized hole in Ace's body and melted his insides. That's not something you survive (unless you're Whitebeard I guess) but Luffy himself has been stabbed right through more than once, even rebounding without the need for medical attention in Water Seven.

Banalona for the win! Kokolores's Avatar

So, is it "Red Hook"? Or "Red Hawk"? Hook would make more sense to me, because in that case we could get an entire series of new attacks with the "Red" theme.

Hodi isn't defeated, that won't happen until next week. Atleast I hope so cause I'm getting tired of this arc.
    Gorlak wants you for the army

I believe that the fishman district will be destroyed because it caused all the trouble.Maybe Shirley saw that.

Shirley(Shyari, whatev) is very small all of a sudden. http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/82338206/7

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolores View Post
    So, is it "Red Hook"? Or "Red Hawk"? Hook would make more sense to me, because in that case we could get an entire series of new attacks with the "Red" theme.
    The... Red theme? How does using Red Hook or Red Hawk take from that? Hawk sounds much better.

Also; Did anyone else find it amusing Oda introduces Luffys new superspeed fire punch in an underwater ocean battle?

Even though I read the spoilers, that last page just blew my mind away!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolores View Post

Hodi isn't defeated, that won't happen until next week. Atleast I hope so cause I'm getting tired of this arc.
    Who do you trust more, Aohige or Mangastream?

It's Red Hawk, because it fits with the other two new animal themed techniques Luffy showed in the previous chapters.

Jimbei survived being punched through so there is precedence of a fishman surviving a hole in the chest .

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    The end was perfect, a true Luffy "I've Had Enough of Your Crap" moment. The flashback was suprisingly dark for OP.
    Weren't some of the OP flashbacks pretty dark already though? A guy who cut off and ate his own leg. Adoptive mother shot through the head in front of daughter...

...which thinking about it, is actually related to the darkness of this arc.

Man, rereading the Arlong Park arc after this chapter... it's totally different now. I can't look at the events in Cocoyashi the same way, knowing now what we saw back then was a fraction of a bigger picture.

Wow, when I started reading OP I sure as hell wasn't expecting something this profound from a shonen manga.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information