+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 149

Thread: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

  1. #21
    King of Annoyance EvanKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Evan Island

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Looking back it's kinda cool how when Zoro tried to one-shot original Kuma at TB, he used basically all his strength and it wasn't enough. Now we see him take on a PX, not as strong as real Kuma but still pretty powerful, and he takes it down (albeit with help from Sanji), and has time to chat it up with Luffy afterward. I mean the difference in power for all of them is so huge now after 2 years.

    The MONSTER TRIO IS BACK!

  2. #22
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanKing View Post
    (albeit with help from Sanji),

    The MONSTER TRIO IS BACK!
    I think either of the two could have one shotted it easily.

  3. #23
    King of Annoyance EvanKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Evan Island

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I think either of the two could have one shotted it easily.
    Most likely. They were just competing as always. Wonder if they are the only ones on the PX level. So far the others haven't had to face tough opponents until I suppose where they are in the manga.

  4. #24

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi JFZ View Post
    "Before the Straw Hat crew can set off, they are ambushed by Marine forces!"
    "Everyone's Reunited, Luffy Sets Sail for the New World!"

    ...Only 15 seconds? Maybe I was overwhelmed by the action in this episode that I didn't notice it.

  5. #25

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    OH MY GODDDD

    LUFFYS GEAR SECOND ARM THING WAS THE BEST MOMENT IN MANGA HISTORY!!! SO BADASS

    My only problem with this episode was that the "king of the pirates" was kinda low

    BUT EVERYTHING ELSE SPECTACULAR!!!!



  6. #26

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Did'nt Luffy only activate the G2 in his arm? Or am I just confused about his new control over it...

  7. #27

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    This episode was spectacular. Can't say much else really.
    New World is best world.

  8. #28
    Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Out there

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    I'll admit, I had a hard time enjoying the first half of the episode thanks to Takagi's art being as exaggerated and distorted as ever.

    Then came the second half. That, was really fun, and it was really sweet hearing the full version of We Go!, even if it was being talked over. I was kind of surprised to see the ''Pirate King'' scene get an animation bump like that, though I really hope those weird-looking shots of Luffy's feet are redrawn for the DVD, since that was very distracting.

    Gear Second part was completely boss.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  9. #29

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    SPECTACULAR episode~! wow i am impressed with the animation, the soundtrack, pacing, everything. This is how it should be done!

  10. #30

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    You can't help but love One Piece after an episode like that...

  11. #31

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    To those of you who're curious, yes, Luffy can freely activate G2 in individual parts of his body now.

  12. #32

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    The episode wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, although the animation was pretty good. Even though Caribou looked weird as hell.
    The first half was meh. The second half was awesome.

    I think Toei messed up on Luffy using Gear 2nd in his left arm. In the next shot, his face and body were also shiny, and it made it look like he was using G2 on his full body, instead of just his arm.
    However, the Jet Pistol was excellent.
    Zoro and Sanji one-hit K.O. the other pacifista was cool.

  13. #33
    Weird Grinpatch Noises Skadi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Argentonia

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Does anyone know where i can find a good raw version? It should be out already... The site i`m using even got a subbed version some minutes ago X_X

    I need to take screencaps X____X

    ♣ "If eyeballs are wrong, then I don´t want to know what´s right!"

  14. #34

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    The episode wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be, although the animation was pretty good. Even though Caribou looked weird as hell.
    The first half was meh. The second half was awesome.

    I think Toei messed up on Luffy using Gear 2nd in his left arm. In the next shot, his face and body were also shiny, and it made it look like he was using G2 on his full body, instead of just his arm.
    However, the Jet Pistol was excellent.
    Zoro and Sanji one-hit K.O. the other pacifista was cool.
    Okay so its not just me that noticed

  15. #35
    Musician of Ω Mega Pirates Jazzfeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On the THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Loved the second half of the episode.

    Did anyone catch at 21:52 in the episode (for those who viewed it on one piece official)
    They used the bugs bunny screech? Is that sound effect public domain or would Toei be looking at a future lawsuit? lol

    Anyways great episode minus the Looney Tunes fx
    Musician of the ΩMEGA PIRATES:


    Song Update: MGK Ft. Planet VI - Runnin
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...76#post3145876

  16. #36

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Quote Originally Posted by Primo11 View Post
    Okay so its not just me that noticed
    I hope other people noticed it, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzfeezy View Post

    Did anyone catch at 21:52 in the episode (for those who viewed it on one piece official)
    They used the bugs bunny screech? Is that sound effect public domain or would Toei be looking at a future lawsuit? lol
    That sound effect made me go "WTF?! What is this? The Flintstones?"

  17. #37

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzfeezy View Post
    Loved the second half of the episode.

    Did anyone catch at 21:52 in the episode (for those who viewed it on one piece official)
    They used the bugs bunny screech? Is that sound effect public domain or would Toei be looking at a future lawsuit? lol

    Anyways great episode minus the Looney Tunes fx
    I'm pretty sure neither Toei nor 99% of the people who watched this episode know what Bugs Bunny is anyways

  18. #38
    Musician of Ω Mega Pirates Jazzfeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On the THE LAST VΩYAGE

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Quote Originally Posted by kagehisa View Post
    I'm pretty sure neither Toei nor 99% of the people who watched this episode know what Bugs Bunny is anyways
    You probably are right and my mistake it belongs to Warner Brothers/Hannah Barbara
    Musician of the ΩMEGA PIRATES:


    Song Update: MGK Ft. Planet VI - Runnin
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...76#post3145876

  19. #39

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    ohh yeah that hit the spot

    And yeah the gear second thing was a mistake, his face and body shouldn't have steamed up.

    “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”

  20. #40

    Default Re: 521: ''The Battle Begins! Witness the Training's Results!''

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I'll admit, I had a hard time enjoying the first half of the episode thanks to Takagi's art being as exaggerated and distorted as ever.

    Then came the second half. That, was really fun, and it was really sweet hearing the full version of We Go!, even if it was being talked over. I was kind of surprised to see the ''Pirate King'' scene get an animation bump like that, though I really hope those weird-looking shots of Luffy's feet are redrawn for the DVD, since that was very distracting.

    Gear Second part was completely boss.
    I agree, his feet looked horrid and it felt really awkward watching the feet part.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts