Closed Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 645: "Death Is Also Revenge"

Default Re: Chapter 645: "Death Is Also Revenge"

Remember that Monster Point has another side-effect - it drains his energy. He can probably use it longer, but it's still limited, and if he runs out he can't move.

Brook sure as hell deserved this. Since he joined the crew, I always felt he was like a stranger in there and that's just 'cause Oda never had time to make him look like a real SH. Great to see he focused exactly on that this time.

And what about Hody's toughness? According to Aohige's translation Luffy says Hody's toughness is of someone worth 100,000,000 bely. But in mangastream, it's just Luffy saying "I'm one million times tougher than that..."

Was the japanese script transcripted wrong or it was a translation mistake by naruhodo?

FC 0147-0584-2654 (ID: guigaccess)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwlduke View Post
    Anyway, great chapter, but one thing disappoints me: the lack of personality the NFP show. To me it seems this is the end of the story arc. That means the NFP have had very little expansion or even fighting screentime. I hoped they would be more of a show. This does not mean I do not enjoy these fights; bring out the finishing moves Strawhats!
    And then on the other hand I don't understand why Oda "wasted" a whole chapter with the re-introduction of each NFP-officer (in roman font).
    This arc is not bad. I expected more from it a long time ago, but yet I'm fine with it. Only thing that dosun't feel right is the pacing. Sumtimes it seems rushed and other parts feel rather slowly. But I'll wait til its end to jump to conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by $abZ View Post
    (...) Oda has obviously recognised that Brooke really didn't have much to do since he joined the SHs... there was Thriller Bark, and then a short time together in Saboady... he didn't even get a one-on-one fight unless you include the loss against Ryuma. Oda is giving Brooke more time than the others, and showing us how great a nakama he really is.

Not bad for a chapter. Would liked to have seen a better defeat of Hody, it happened quite quickly. But there are a few things here and there that could come to life... like the Joy Boy thing, or maybe something to do with Big Mam.

Usopp lol
    Completely agree with you bout the Brook-thing. Its his first real 1 on 1 fight and we already learnt so much bout his character in the last few chaps.
    After the fights I'm also excited of Joy Boy and BigMom's reaction to all of this.
    We also got confirmation bout WB's motives when he claimed FI to his turf.
    It was personal, BigMom on the other side seems only to be interested in those candies.
    Sum known Yonkou-theories that have my full support:
    Hidden:
    -BigMam (PIC) is Lola's mom, her initial colour is green
    -Kaidou is Franky's dad, his initial colour is blue
    Here my link to this theory

Default Re: Chapter: 645

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwlduke View Post
    So much for the holy ark of the Fishmen. Commence raging Neptune?

Anyway, great chapter, but one thing disappoints me: the lack of personality the NFP show. To me it seems this is the end of the story arc. That means the NFP have had very little expansion or even fighting screentime. I hoped they would be more of a show. This does not mean I do not enjoy these fights; bring out the finishing moves Strawhats!
    Maybe it's like Skypeia in the sense that it wasn't the bell or the city the shandrians were protecting but the poneglyph. Perhaps there's another one inside Noah? If so, it's not Noah that needs protection: just a guess!

HTC - Hoje Tive C

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

According to Aohige's translation Luffy says Hody's toughness is of someone worth 100,000,000 bely. But in mangastream, it's just Luffy saying "I'm one million times tougher than that..."

Was the japanese script transcripted wrong or it was a translation mistake by naruhodo?
    Maybe this is the one-in-a-million time where Naruhodo is actually right between two contesting translations. The MS line makes a million times more sense, while the other version is completely off-the-charts illogical and out-of-place.

Quoting Silverblade from the Spoiler Thread: "It's really hard to judge Hyozou's words without seeing his expression at the moment."

Seriously, the outrageous ammount of raging at the script, and when the chapter comes. . .He is ready to use his venom while looking oh, so afraid.

And the Noah thingie looks much, much harder than the script also let go. It's far, FAR from being destroyed.

And as someone already said, was the "Your toughness is equal to 100M. Berry" a mistranslation? I mean, it sounded mighty dumb. Maybe the MS translator found it to cheesy to translate, like that Datebayo line.

Other than that, great chapter. Wolverine BB, good old Whitebeard, Usopp's statue. . .

Maybe the only weird thing for me was that Chopper's Monster Point was uncalled for (as Usopp also noted). . .

(Oh, and Hody might be pretty weak, but at least his attacks all look cool. Those water-shark bullets look awesome!).

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post

(Oh, and Hody might be pretty weak, but at least his attacks all look cool. Those water-shark bullets look awesome!).
    And his fishmen karate moves are supposed to be shit compared to Jinbe's. It is really time for Oda to show us what he is really capable of. Maybe we get a proper demonstration on Wadatsumi next chapter.

I'm sorry One Piece, but naruto had one of the best chapters of all time!!

Musician of Ω Mega Pirates Jazzfeezy's Avatar

Thank you Aohige for the translations!!

WOW this chapter has me buzzing lol
    Musician of the ΩMEGA PIRATES:

Song Update: MGK Ft. Planet VI - Runnin
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...76#post3145876

"One Piece will be on break next week"
    Usopp: "Huh!?"
    "Why!?"
    Next week the meteor destroys everything.
    7 years later a boy staring at the sea.
    Konohamaru's adventure begins.

What theories regarding Blackbeard were there before he was shown using claws in this chapter? It's all Cerberus-related, right?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by game2005; November 2nd, 2011 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by game2005 View Post
    What theories regarding Blackbeard were there before he was shown using claws in this chapter? It's Cerberus-related, right?

Thanks in advance!
    Yeap?? most of them were about a cerberus-zoan
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me "Black Leg" Sanji!

won't hold back on ANYONE Noqanky's Avatar

I felt the chapter was great until we got monster chopper. It was just too out there, I don't see why it was necessary but then again maybe Chopper will explain this with actions next chapter.

Everything else was simply awesome. Brook as a character is rising leaps and bounds, simply amazing.

I'm also really hoping that the destruction of Noah isn't the simple cop-out. There was a reason why Neptune wanted it intact, otherwise that whole thing of having it not crash before just feels empty now. What changed? I recall Brohoshi said it was ok to bring things back to zero, maybe that's it.
    Still, I feel like a terrified Robin looks from below as Luffy destroys a historic artifact.

PSN & NNID: Anax4Aero 3DS FC: 1504 - 6058 - 2691

Nice two weeks ago it was Chopper then Usopp and now Brook gets a badass speach/moment.

Liked the episode, I always though the Island would eventually be destryed and the fishman would leave in the Noah, kinda looking forward to see what will happen now(the island will be destroyed anyway).

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

The cover storie is so funny, had to smile for a while after seeing it :)

So Noah still isn`t destroyed but Luffy is giving his best to do so right now...i wouldn`t be too sure that he gets it done already in two weeks(seeing the prophecy is still unfulfilled and i can`t see Luffy being done with his stuff while the rest of the crew still has to fight).

Hyouzou now FINALLY using his poison won`t be a hard task for Zoro, but i somehow hope he may be able to form poison-swords :)

Chopper being able to control monster-point is nice but we saw it now a bit to early..could have been used in a more dangerous situation in the future.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Nice to see Blackbeard before his schism with Whitebeard.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Chopper being able to control monster-point is nice but we saw it now a bit to early..could have been used in a more dangerous situation in the future.
    I think the important part is that there was no indication that Chopper had to use a Rumble Ball to get to Monster Point. If this is the case, what Point has he developed that still needs a Rumble Ball?

Awesome chapter!! That elephant gatling was badass, and it seems that Chopper had finally gained control over monster point. :)
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 7/5/14)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is UP!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Last King View Post
    I think the important part is that there was no indication that Chopper had to use a Rumble Ball to get to Monster Point. If this is the case, what Point has he developed that still needs a Rumble Ball?
    I am hoping that he still has Arm Point.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeifyra View Post
    I am hoping that he still has Arm Point.
    Arm Point was his finisher Point before. I'm with you hoping that it still is.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Closed Thread

Thread Information