+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 523: ''The Shocking Truth - The Man Who Protected the Sunny''

Default Re: 523: ''The Shocking Truth - The Man Who Protected the Sunny''

Did I just miss the live stream... Are you kidding me...

[rageface.jpg]

Well, now to wait for Funi to upload the episode.

I only saw the part where Franky was talking bout Kuma

In the screen capture,there's a pic of Franky building a insect bike that seems to be a reference to the Zarley Davinson bike from Strong World.What was that scene from?

This was a really good episode, however I hope that narration doesn't stick around. One of the happiest things about the timeskip was we where getting episodes with no narration.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

Looks like we got a new narration header card thingy at the end of the opening.

EDIT: Also, it seems like Toei made some more minor changes to the opening.

Hidden:

Nice episode. Really enjoyed the faster pacing compared to most of the post-timeskip episodes. The underwater scenes looked pretty good, especially the first few with the moving lighting and rippling effects. The extra scenes with Hachi and Duval defending the Thousand Sunny were nice too.

To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with the new narration header. It was nice, and it was different from pretty much all of the past ones -- being underwater, and having some more specific crew shots instead of the typical "Luffy and then everyone" shot. Also, yeah, it eats up at least a half minute of episode time, but that's a half minute less of exaggerated pan shots and awkward pauses, and I'd rather have an episode that flows more quickly than one that makes less efficient use of extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi JFZ View Post
    "Before any further progress, the crew encounter a great monster! Coribou & co are forced to retreat."
    "Next on OP: Struggle in the Sea, the Demon of the Deep Appears!"

(I heard "Kraken" in there, but I wasn't sure if the narrator meant Coribou & co, as they're the ones who end up retreating.)

At first, I was busy with something XMuradaX sent me to translate. Then, I took extra time to replay through the preview several times trying to make sense of a middle bit. All the while, I was still recovering from sleeping problems and fussing over academic worries...

...Don't mind me. I'm having a fantastic time groveling.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

I feel that they should have held off on a new header until they actually reached the New World, but I guess that won't be for at least another two years.

The entire sequence of the Straw Hats fighting in We Go! got added shading, which was nice.

Episode was alright. Didn't cover that much more than a single chapter, though. Art was a little ''eh'' at times, but again, I'm willing to give Yamashita some slack since this is still the first time she's drawing most of these characters.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Spoiler:

Haha, nice save there Toei! You had me worried!

As for the episode, I enjoyed it. Especially Roger's part and the initial descent. The music was nice and I loved the ship shots with the lighting.

The episode was pretty good. I agree that the lighting and ship shots were amazing! Plus the bubble around the ship looked really nice in some scenes.
    I was sort of expecting young Roger to have a voice similar to Luffy's, but I'm glad they made him sound different.
    Kuma didn't look as damaged as he did in the manga. Though, the way he was walking, very shaky and broken-ish, was a nice touch.

Might have just been me, but I thought Roger sounded a whole lot like Ace (or Ace sounds like him?). Luffy's energy was definitely there, but all I heard was Ace...

Anyone know who actually did the voice for him?

Great episode this week. The flashback to young Roger and Rayleigh was very well done, as well as having Kuma do the robot as he departed, it really drove home the fact that defending the Sunny for two years really built up damage. Next week looks to be awesome, too, with Surume showing up and some of the Straw Hats showing off their new techniques (hopefully Elephant Pistol is included)...
    NNID: Mugen_Metroid

Oh man, how i missed the strawhats interacting. I almost cried....they're back together again!!!

Fantastic episode - great information, humor, interaction, colors, atmosphere, pacing. Loved it

Quote Originally Posted by Kisoto View Post
    Might have just been me, but I thought Roger sounded a whole lot like Ace (or Ace sounds like him?). Luffy's energy was definitely there, but all I heard was Ace...

DUDE YES, I totally thought Roger sounded like Ace, which would be the perfect voice imo. Also anyone notice how Rayleigh initially declined Rogers offer? For some reason, didn't catch that in the manga

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    The entire sequence of the Straw Hats fighting in We Go! got added shading, which was nice.
    I thought that sequence seemed to pop a bit more than previous times. Watching the Funimation stream didn't really do it as much justice.

On that note, the initial underwater descent looked even better in HD.

And another note, I couldn't help but laugh at Zoro's reaction to all the blood bags required to bring Sanji back from the brink. You'd think that he'd be used to such levels of blood loss... Maybe he's just shocked at such a, in his mind, worthless letting of so much blood.

Quote Originally Posted by thewonderer View Post
    Also anyone notice how Rayleigh initially declined Rogers offer? For some reason, didn't catch that in the manga
    Yeah, in the manga he asks him who he is and then tells him to get lost...

http://www.mangareader.net/103-58422...apter-603.html
    NNID: Mugen_Metroid

Quote Originally Posted by Kisoto View Post

According to the wiki it was Takeshi Kusao (Koza, Trunks in DBZ).

Kusao? Hmm...well, it might be him. I figured it was Furukawa, but Kusao's not out of the question.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

I checked the opening credits, and it said Chikao Ootsuka, voice actor for adult Roger. It definitely sounded like Furukawa, though.

No, there's a second credit for young Roger a short while afterward. Under Caribo and Coribo's seiyuus I think, or at least in the same set.

My bad, it is him. He sounds surprisingly like Furukawa as Ace. Thinking about it, their voices are pretty similar.

can some1 translate the pic for us? it's a scan preview of the next ep

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information