+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 646: "Frog"

Default Re: Chapter 646: "Frog"

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    I'll warn in advance. I will go negative on this again.

I'll be "short" about it:

Too much of "double" spreads and finishing moves in one chapter - gives the wibe of unreal, which is in a way logical since we are afterall reading a shounen manga but non the less feels for me, personally, too much like a fan service device.

So we saw bunch of new K.O. moves which were layed on the display like there is a contest on who'll show his moves first and in a more cool manner. But hey, I was one of the rare people here who didn't ask and was interested in one on one fights to begin with and be imagining who will fight who combos. I am more of a guy who likes the old fashioned reality which is, in combat its fight all over even if it means 3 versus one and exchange of slashes and kicks and what not between various opponents. Which is something we have seen not so long ago at the grand war when everyone was involved in a battle with everyone and you couldn't just isolated it to 1 vs 1 fights.
    But yeah ok, other than that, what did we see this chapter? Other than the finishing moves, cool sentences and lovely display of drawing. Did we see anything other than that in terms of story progression? In terms of adding something new to the entire scene. As I was approaching page "13" on manga stream I was sure that after Zoro's fight we'll see some cliff hanger some resolution to what may happen to Noah or what not. We did not, which quite possibly means that entire next chapter will be about it and we get a cliffhanger from that.

Well but that's me and probably that is the reason I haven't been enjoying this last arc. It's not about the new moves, the flashy display not even the fight scenes. I have seen it all, similar situation happened on enies lobby. We have seen gear 2 and 3 there and whatnot. But it all looked better, it felt like the story progressed with decent pace, the fights seemed more authentic even if it was 1 vs 1 all over again. I liked thriller Bark for the same reason as well. There you would have people randomly being attacked by foes and than it could be 1 vs 1 or few vs few and so on, it seemed natural. Here this... Idk it does not

"I'll say it in a harsh version this time around. I have seen enough of flashy-flashy I ll see it when the time is right in the new world or some grave danger approaches, until then, everybody just pack your bags, save this god damn underwater island with irony for its theme and head over to the New World. I am ready to turn over a new page, new chapter, New world"

But yeah, that wont happen for a while, it sure felt better saying/ writing it out though. I liked the start of this arc, I felt it is promising, but as soon as vilains were shown, there motives displayed and the history of this island was presented I was probably one of the few under 1% people who was facepalming and saying oh boy, this wont be the kind of ride/read I would have expected after this 2 years and the hype I got after I felt the entire manga and story has taken a huge step in the right direction after the war at marineford.

Sorry guys, that is my opinion, as always you are free to skip it or ignore it. It looks like I am and will continue to be that black sheep, that "pessimist" on the board, for at least some time in the future.

Blue out - continue with praise
    agree with you in most of this part. I liked the arc in the begin too, but it became lame in my opinion , because it seems like a wasted of 40 chapters seeing SH defeating their opponents that easily. Everyone expected more from the opponents , especially Hyouzou who turned the more flop of all. We haven't even seen the poison attack he had used against Luffy, where everyone expected a bit of a struggle for zoro(Luffy acknowleged his stength). I don't know what everyone thinks ( actually i do know ) but i think this arc is kind of delay to see what REALLY happens in the world,while we watch some "frog" fishmen fight for nothing. I mean this battle could have ended 10 chapters before this one if everyone used a good move , and the story could have progressed faster.
    But the truth is i kind of liked the attacks, especially brook's

Anyway , one last question because i might have missed something. How come Hyouzou has all his swords again, while we have seen at least 3 of his 8 swords being vertically DESTROYED by zoro before 4 chapters ?

Hahaha,I'm guessing that the bungee cord is all the rubber-bands that Usopp gave them strung togther :D

Gaaah,I noticed that Brooks attack,is like an upgraded,soul-infused version of his signuture attack "Hanauta Sanchō: Yahazu Giri"

and Franky turning Ikaros(Who has awesome arrow hair) into roasted squid...In the most spectacular way! With a beam!!

Zoro was the only one who's attacks had translator notes.Bias much
    Last edited by Baou Zakurga; November 16th, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Franky has a Kamehameha now apparently

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Hey, cool, the snake from Skypiea's on the cover. (his name escapes me)
    Nola i think.
    16 characters

3rd Degree Black Beard RomanceDawn's Avatar

What great chapter to come to after battling for Lincoln.

I didn't read everything, but the limitless types of POP greens caught my eye. I think we have seen 8 so far and of course that is not all that he has to offer. But considering the color spread that showed Usopp holding different types of ammo, I'm certain there is a limit. If we go one more arc with no previously learned attacks, then I say worry. Otherwise people would be complaining about him like they have about Zoro's overly similar techniques.
    Nintendo players and One Piece readers... Just better people.

NNID: RomanceDawn

Pokemon Y: WUSHU 0044 2811 9045

Anyone notice Franky's beam is the Pacifista mouth blast?
    Originally Posted by Zkaiser
    Kuma for nakama.

Quote Originally Posted by Shezar View Post
    Nola i think.
    16 characters
    Think that's it, thanx.

3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic and Luxor for Smash Bros. pic)

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post

I didn't read everything, but the limitless types of POP greens caught my eye. I think we have seen 8 so far and of course that is not all that he has to offer. But considering the color spread that showed Usopp holding different types of ammo, I'm certain there is a limit. If we go one more arc with no previously learned attacks, then I say worry. Otherwise people would be complaining about him like they have about Zoro's overly similar techniques.
    I thought it was 7 ...no you're right its 8! here's the Pop Green attacks we've seen so far=
    1- Green Devil
    2- Sargossa
    3- Rafflesia
    4- Bamboo Javelin
    5- Exploding grass
    6- Humandrake
    7- Trampolia
    8- Impact Wolf

I still don't understand how people say Zoro's attack wasn't impressive. He managed to 'Onigiri' some one who was behind him WITHOUT TURNING. He just ducked, while swinging his swords... How come its unimpressive?

Great chapter, loved the finishers. And the most interesting part of the arc is going to start... I always like the 'post' arcs.

And @ Blue chan... They were actually fighting fooders while mantaining the 1vs1. We saw them punch a random guy hear and there. Is just that they were so weak they could just ignore it. And the finishers took like what, 5secs? If they take that little time, its not unrealistic to see it in a spread... I like trading punches and all, but if you can one shot someone, why bother fighting him? Killing a rabbit with a bazooka is a good course of action, if you have a lot of bazooka shells...

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post

Maybe I'm alone in this, but its not that he has 8 or many or even infinite pop greens that make me dislike them. Its that it seems the pop greens are the ones that are doing all the work. It feels like he just shoots them in the general direction of the enemy and then the plant goes and beats up the enemy for usopp. Feels like he is a Grass Pokemon master.

i lol at the folks complaining the fights were too easy. u should go read naruto who trained 3 years and didnt improve and trained again almost every arc to fight someone powerful. or read bleach which is the same formula over and over, train to get new powers and rescue someone. the timeskip is to show improvement. if sh cant handle some fodder fishmen, they wont survive the new world. i dont want to read training arcs like bleach or naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this, but its not that he has 8 or many or even infinite pop greens that make me dislike them. Its that it seems the pop greens are the ones that are doing all the work. It feels like he just shoots them in the general direction of the enemy and then the plant goes and beats up the enemy for usopp. Feels like he is a Grass Pokemon master.

Except he didn't . He had to do some prep work first. He had to set those traps while dodging blows himself. He set up a situation where he could blast him with a big attack. It's not like he went okay I blast you now. What more were you expecting ?

Kishido must be loving this chapter, so many new avatars

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

The only thin I can say right now.
    Spoiler:

Banner made by me.

Wooooaaaawww awesome chapter,

Brook is awesome!!.
    Translation error with Ussop? Since the tip is i think 3 CM? but Ussop has some wierd techniquess!. I miss his Firebird!.
    Zoros attack is weird!. He can Cut in the air and than he bends down and when hyozu comes the slash activates?? I dont really understand how he can cut behind him xD. (since hyozu is attacking him from behind)
    Franky is using his Coupe Du Vent and Franky Fire combined to form a shockwave and burn the squidman and to look like hes really fireing a beam:P. Or is he really beaming the shit out of that guy:P.
    Daaaayum what is Jinbe a beast!. Unreal hit!.
    Chopperrr hmm His new heavy point could not crack the hammer:P. Well this form can xD.
    Sanji! I dont like his fire skill!!. I mean commonn catching on fire cuz he was thinking of his past!. Just to weird. If we put it that way evry one in One Piece could catch on fire....

Well Beastality! in this chapter.
    My sale page Click My Figure Collection Click

Can somebody be so kind as to translate the literal meanings/references to:

Choppers attack

Ikaros attack

And Jinbei's attack

Thank you

Yeah well, first point to the "raw" japanese version of Manga
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    Anyone notice Franky's beam is the Pacifista mouth blast?
    It was pretty expected

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    Nope, this didn't do anything for me. Sorry Oda, if you want to show something special, worth a doublespread, then first show us that these fights require some effort from SH. Everything was too easy for them, I mean - a number one fishman swordsman is defeated with two attacks? Everything seems too rushed, and that's a horrible thing. Either they will somehow stand up with awesome power ups OR this isn't an arc about fighting but purely plot driven adventure. I liked CP9 arc, it has plot AND fights. Here we had a lot of plot and... two or three chapters of fighting. A shame, I really expected more from Oda.
    I know how you feel. I hope some real action goes down soon, because this has all seemed too easy.

Van Decken Revival?

What could the future hold?!

Quote Originally Posted by BinSquarr View Post
    I know how you feel. I hope some real action goes down soon, because this has all seemed too easy.

Van Decken Revival?

What could the future hold?!
    I hope not lets just get this arc over with and move on to the new world.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information