+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 646: "Frog"

Default Re: Chapter 646: "Frog"

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nóva~ View Post
    Good chapter, really drew some parallels between the Admirals and Sanji, Brooke, and Franky. I assume this was done intentionally, and that maybe in the future we can look forward to more moves with the same theme's as presented in this chapter. And who knows, maybe one day Sanji, Brooke, and Franky do fight Akainu, Aokiji, and Kizaru, but I doubt that.
    No way Brook or Franky will fight them. If anything Franky is more a parallel to Kuma, who can shoot laser beams as well and Brook... well yeah he is using ice... But no way he will ever match AoKiji
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me…

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    I asked what it's from not what it represents.
    all of them are from pokemon.

Ahh Yes, Kuma, I forgot about him, it is so obvious I just never thought of it.

And Yes, Brooke, unless he's bee given a greater power up then we can conceive at this point in time, he pretty much has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    I actually read the beginning chapter of this arc all the way up to Ch. 645, and I have to say, this arc works a lot beter when reading it full-on.
    It's not a great arc, but I definitely enjoyed it more after a reread.
    My point exactly, if this arc was simply to showcase how the strawhats have improved, it should have been completed in half or 3/4 quarters the time.Instead we have like 5 chapters of luffi and hodi foreplaying.

If the purpose of the arc was anything else, well I will just say that this arc is seriously shit and whatever oda was trying to do failed completely.

So maybe I missed the point of the name of the chapter, can someone enlighten me?

If there's one thing this arc did extremely well for me, it's making Brook really really awesome: both as a character, and in combat!

Brook is boss! That is all.

Otherwise, giving the build-up in this chapter, I was kinda expecting a single spread with all the SHs beating all the NFP. But that'd been impossible I imagine XD.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nóva~ View Post
    So maybe I missed the point of the name of the chapter, can someone enlighten me?
    Oda was basically using the Japanese proverb "a frog in a well does not know the great sea" (Zoro's line in the last page) which basically means a sheltered person is not aware of the dangers of the outside world. This is, of course, referring to the New Fishman Pirates who were thinking too highly of themselves and thought that mere humans cannot defeat them, thus underestimating the dangers the Strawhat crew presents. Coincidentally, this same line was used by Mihawk during his first fight with Zoro.
    You're just as sane as I am.

been trying to understand what sanji did, but failing (a better translation helped, but still confused). So what exactly did sanji do?

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sageofredemption View Post
    been trying to understand what sanji did, but failing (a better translation helped, but still confused). So what exactly did sanji do?
    From what i can tell, he spontaneously burst into flames, TB-style (though apparently seriously this time), and then channeled those flames into a kick that ignited Wadatsumi.

I don't know what it would look like animated, but I assume something like the Human Torch (but less fire and more dramatic), and then focusing most of that into a kick, which causes the flames to spread almost instantly across the entirety of Wadatsumi's body.

did zoro oni giri hyouzo without moving?
    Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Mihawk can see everything within a great distance with his hawk eyes, but can he see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Geez..: I was ironic cuz of the people talking about the "new monster trio" behind Luffy, who is in his own "god tier".
    Sarcasm quotation marks are your friend.

I think that I like the idea of Sanji, Zoro and Jinbe in the Monster Tier and Luffy in the God Tier. It makes sense to me, and I'm not sure what's wrong with it, could someone explain properly why it isn't like that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheManWithNoName View Post
    I think that I like the idea of Sanji, Zoro and Jinbe in the Monster Tier and Luffy in the God Tier. It makes sense to me, and I'm not sure what's wrong with it, could someone explain properly why it isn't like that?
    First: don't call it "God-Tier".
    These power level classes are getting really messed up.

A Futue Bounty of 310mil Neomaster121's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mizrath View Post
    did zoro oni giri hyouzo without moving?
    also he was facing the wrong way

but looking at his feet he must have moved but i don't know how he did it without seeing his opponent
    and not getting poisoned
    http://neomaster121.mybrute.com
    Click above suprisingly addictive
    http://mybrute.com/team/107019
    join the team if your strong enough

I don't bother with classifying the rest of the Straw Hats, not worth it, but when it comes to the top tiers, Luffy being on the top and then Sanji-Zoro-Jinbe seems fairly obvious to me

I don't bother with classifying the rest of the Straw Hats, not worth it, but when it comes to the top tiers, Luffy being on the top and then Sanji-Zoro-Jinbe seems fairly obvious to me
    That's something I can agree with.

Well I give up... People simply have forgotton 650 chapters and the dynamic Oda has evolved. Now let it simply forgotton and do something new

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Well I give up... People simply have forgotton 650 chapters and the dynamic Oda has evolved. Now let it simply forgotton and do something new
    What the hell are you complaining about this time? That some people believe Luffy is stronger than Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe?
    ... that was always the case. For me they still are close together and in one "group", but there is a reason why only Luffy can take on the big boss every arc, and Zoro and Sanji get whooped by him. Arlong is a good example for this. In Enies Lobby, they commented on how they would have died if Luffy hadn't picked out Lucci to fight. Stop complaining.

The only thing these chapter proves is Oda still believes Zoro=Luffy. Zoro oneshotted Hodi underwater and Oda went out of his way to make hyouzo transform like Hodi. He still got oneshotted. The only reason Luffy didn't oneshot Hodi is because he gets weaker underwater while Hodi gets stronger. If Zoro/Jimbei were sent to fight Hodi this arc would be over way quicker with Hodi getting stomp pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    What the hell are you complaining about this time? That some people believe Luffy is stronger than Zoro, Sanji and Jinbe?
    ... that was always the case. For me they still are close together and in one "group", but there is a reason why only Luffy can take on the big boss every arc, and Zoro and Sanji get whooped by him. Arlong is a good example for this. In Enies Lobby, they commented on how they would have died if Luffy hadn't picked out Lucci to fight. Stop complaining.
    No one was talking about power level. Reread the last 650 chapters and look how the monster trio (you know... a canon term in the very manga itself) was potrayed^^ Sorry that I dislike, even if Jinbei is an awesome addition with his style and I have no doubts thats he will join, that this trio will somehow be disturbed, cuz in my eyes Jinbei, an old veteran who is more or less evolved, won't fit with this 3 young and aggressive men, who has even much more room to progress.

That's why I dislike the shit about Luffy is in his own tier (even if he is the strongest but I give a fuck about it) and the other will build a new trio.

Like I said... Reread the manga... How many times Zoro was compared to Luffy... and on the other hand... How many times Zoro and Sanji were compared to each other and so on... Even after the timeskip you can see that this is the first thing Oda has established... Showing the monster trio more than once in action together

But for ME this chapter showed as well that Oda won't change it... Same like he hasn't done it with the addition of Franky and Robin, were people tried to hype them as well

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information