+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 646: "Frog"

Default Re: Chapter 646: "Frog"

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    True, but it did remind me of getting hit with a train. What an impact! My only complaint (and I don't want to mark this chapter with negatives) is I want to see more from the SHs! Especially Zoro, while he's way stronger he showed us nothing really different for him. I imagine we'll see more in the future.
    Well, Oda's not going to reveal all their new tricks and techniques in this arc. This chapter was only a tease at what the crew is now capable of.
    When the time comes, we'll see their full strength.

Caribou is the only villian left now.

Translation corrections:

page 7: Brook finishes the match with a haiku.

page 8: The raw script is a bit confusing here. Usopp says the bulb grows to 3 meters in diameter, but it's more like the shockwave hits that wide.

page 9: The term "Palme" is a play on the word "palm".

page 10: The lower left bubble translates to "dried squid".

page 11: "Buraikan" literally translates to "Reliable Military Weight". The "kan" bit also is a pun for sushi.

page 12: Wadatsumi says "Scared the guts outta me!!"

Lower text bubble, top left panel should be "That saves me some trouble!" The following lines then make more sense.

Okay, that ought to clear up some questions...
    Last edited by rubia_ryu; November 16th, 2011 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey.D.Joeru View Post
    woah a BEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!
    lol'd at nami and robins stock reactions to Usopp's and Chopper's amazement, poor luffy missing out on the epic moment.
    hehe I figured it was both the amazement and the lazer. Seems to be a recuring theme with the girls since reunion, we've seen them with a stony faced stare at the guys when they act amazed and show off. I think it is..what third or fourth time we've seen teh girls give that cold stare. I'm startign to laugh every time I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    Nami = Lightning element
    Sanji = Fire element
    Brook = Ice element
    Jinbe = Water element
    Zoro = Wind element
    Usopp = Plant element
    Chopper = Earth?
    Robin = ???
    Franky = Metal element... if metal comprises of technology
    Luffy = No element
    Edit: forgot Franky
    I'd say Luffy has the spirit or human element with how much he puts his emotions into his fights. I mean when he fights for a friend or family is when he really shows his strenght.

Quote Originally Posted by sag d seb View Post
    One Piece: The only manga where an over sized sky Phyton makes part of the assets of a leisure park "futuristic thanks to Ussop". I'm gladly impressed Oda.
    To be fair I've never seen a Phytons tongue being use as a Bungee wire, and she doesn't mind at all. Nola looks actually happy. Btw Aisa looks amaizing, she's gonna be an outstanding beauty by the time she turns 18.

Too much epicness in so few pages. Heads back to Mangastream and starts rereading the chapter once more.
    I like this cover, it shows it IS a amusement park instead of themed park (Graceland is considered a themed park and very different from Disneyland so the difference counts) But it does make me sad... Hopefully Usopp is more than just a mascot ;)
    AS for Aisa, am I the only one who thinking that Aisa reminds me of Calgara's daughter, Mousse?? http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Mousse

Quote Originally Posted by Shezar View Post
    Good chapter,filled with awesome.
    Loved the cover again.
    The frog thing didnt understand at first,after i read the sub-text understood a bit,is that saying in japan?
    Yeah it's a refernce to a old wise saying that alludes to a meanign similar to someone who stays in one area and doesn't experience much is uneducated and uncultured.

Quote Originally Posted by Czechmate View Post
    What is Usopp actually saying about the wolf's nose? Doesn't make much sense. Is he saying the shockwave is 3M in diameter?
    YEs, he's refering to the nose will explode and cause a shockwave that can reach a 3M diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Time for Nami to charge in and steal the mermaids right out of his swamp. And then blow him up or electrocute him.

No, Caribou's not going to be defeated in this arc.

But I'm kinda disappointed in Usopp's new weapons. How can I explain? I liked that he created his own weapons and combined them with dials, there was a sense of cunning in his attacks, like mixing gas with fire or creating diversions. But now he just found a lot of plants that do outrageous things, so what's stopping Oda from creating a different plant for each situation? I mean, plant that creates shockwaves?

I hope we see a limited number of plants so that in later arcs Usopp pulls his cunning moves, instead of relying on bizarre new plants every time. And I still want to see him using weapons of his own creation (and I wanna see him use Impact without suffering any side effects, Oda!).
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    At least until Aladdin shows up and reveals he was the true mastermind behind everything!

A pretty funny but otherwise pointless chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
    A pretty funny but otherwise pointless chapter.
    It finished the main fights of the arc. How is it pointless?

Eyes are currently sparkles
    SO AWESOME! Loving each of their new moves! Chopper dancing as his giant form was too funny
    Again with the blank stares from the girls, This was an amazing chapter! To think there is more where that came from as well....

Get me a towel

"Why are you aboard our ship Lily?" -Monkey D. Luffy

That was a great chapter, though I thought all the 2 page spreads were a bit much, but I guess that's Oda's style when it comes to large-scale brawls. The Marineford war was full of 'em.

But all the new attacks were amazing, and I loved the "BEEEEEEAAM?!" Moment, as well as Choppers reaction to Usopp's compliment, caught me off guard.
    New World is best world.

hwoooooooooooohhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mind imploded from the awesomeness of this chapter Mansopp-sama was the best!! *o*

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    And just like that, the Fishman Island Arc is over.
    Still have to worry about Noah. VDD might make a return as he's still shrouded in some mystery.
    Then, of course, there is Coribou.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post

But I'm kinda disappointed in Usopp's new weapons. How can I explain? I liked that he created his own weapons and combined them with dials, there was a sense of cunning in his attacks, like mixing gas with fire or creating diversions. But now he just found a lot of plants that do outrageous things, so what's stopping Oda from creating a different plant for each situation? I mean, plant that creates shockwaves?
    I'm pretty sure the thing on the end of the wolf's nose is an impact dial.
    Or, as someone else suggested, Usopp has figured out the technology to the impact dial and know how to implement it elsewhere.

...Must I wait until everyone has stopped fangasming before I can settle the translation issues?

You people make me disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    No, Caribou's not going to be defeated in this arc.

I hope we see a limited number of plants so that in later arcs Usopp pulls his cunning moves, instead of relying on bizarre new plants every time. And I still want to see him using weapons of his own creation (and I wanna see him use Impact without suffering any side effects, Oda!).
    I think that Usopp might be able to crossbreed some of the pop greens in order to create new species of plants with different purposes.
    Since Oda originally planned for a botanist to be in the crew, Usopp could start doing this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hnikarr View Post
    That "Green Star - Human Drake" should be called "Mandrake", instead... Usopp is using a mandrake (mandragora).
    Very good, Miss Granger! Ten points to Gryffindor!

Anyways, AAAAAAAAAAAA THIS CHAPTERRR AAAAAAAAAA
    Brook's was my favorite!!

Oda, how you win me over time and again I will never know.

Glorious Franky Beam is Glorious.

read.

Quote Originally Posted by rubia_ryu View Post
    ...Must I wait until everyone has stopped fangasming before I can settle the translation issues?

You people make me disappointed.
    Why are translation issues important?

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Must you really ask? In case anyone is confused/interested with missing out on certain points. The Japanese don't have to be the only ones who get full comprehension.

But in this chapter, it's more about the pictures, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Because if they weren't ever sorted out, we'd still be wondering why Ace and Luffy never met at a formal Pirates' Summit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information