+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Film Z (Wrap Canon From the Manga Not Yet in the Anime with Spoiler Tags)

Default Re: One Piece Film Z (First New World Movie)

No, you were counting the Ganzack OVA as a movie and then skipped movies 6 and 11. So your whole list is off.
    Actually, it's more like...

1: El Drago, KING OF GOLD
    2: House of Cards
    3: Chopper's animal land
    4: Cheap Crocodile Knockoff Captain Gummy Bear
    5: Zoro going out of character Saga
    6: Awesome Experimental very dark plot with great animation
    7: Robots and Physics-defying breasts
    8: Alabasta again, on fast forward and bad
    9: Chopper again, with movie 6 level animation and win
    10: Strong world
    11: 3D CGI for no reason, Old man and Dog.
    12: Z
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Well I just watched Movie 5 and I agree that was some really terrible stuff.
    Personally I find it surprising how good some of the art was though, and the environments were really beautiful in some scenes.

But still, I hate having all the religious/supernatural stuff, and that is the one thing I really liked about One Piece over other Manga/Animes.
    Zoro acted in character right up till the moment where he woke up, and then it all went down the drain from there.
    Zoro: "I give you my life."

Also, why the hell is something that is supposedly so powerful it could plummet the world into some horrific war, able to be one shotted by Zoro?
    Really just crappy. Movie 4 still reigns as one of my favorites, despite ripping off good amounts from the actual series.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    No... This list is actually confusing.

Bear King appears in movie 2, the skeleton pirate appears in the first TV special, I have no idea what you mean by "house of cards",
    He means the Trump Siblings, aka Movie 2. And I think by "Bearman" he might mean El Drago. I think.

It might be although I thought it was it's own movie. The baddie looks like a bear. I'll look it up.

I can't believe I forgot movie 6. The dark one. It's actually my fav after strongworld. I didn't count the 3D movie because I felt it was more like a special.

I meant the trump siblings. I only remembered that they were all based on cards (king, queen, jack and joker)

Edit: ok so the bearman was actually Bear King from the trump siblings and i had him mixed up with El Drago. My mistake
    Last edited by black-leg jex; June 20th, 2012 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCook View Post
    Also, why the hell is something that is supposedly so powerful it could plummet the world into some horrific war, able to be one shotted by Zoro?
    In his defense, Luffy did just soften him up a lot.

You know, that was actually a pretty nice, lengthy fight now that I think back on it. Despite the character art being a little weaker than Movie 4's and the colors being a bit garish at times, the action was largely very well-animated. The whole supernatural darkness motif just didn't fit the series at all.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: One Piece New World Film Announced

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Being honest, SW on a whole isn't that spectacular. The plot is very reminescet of the Arlong arc, while Shiki is an unlikeable jerkass not even remotely close to his personality in Chapter 0. It was mostly the buildup that made people anticipate it as much. Plus Shiki is the only real fight n the whoke thing, as his whole giant pirate aliance is absolutely pointless and nearly nonexistent in the movie.

Plus it spawned the Mariana trench of ideas that was Little East Blue and....that which shall not be named.
    The first, what, 10-20 minutes are incredible. Pure style. The intro is just. . .WOW. Great.

The movie then moves onto really less spectacular stuff. The plot's nothing great, and that HUGE pirate army could've used some cool fights instead of the boring curbstomps that were Dr. Indigo vs. Zoro and Sanji vs. Giant Monkey.

Still, Shiki is cool. He gets really jerkass for jerksass's sake, that was weak, but the interactions with Indigo and Monkey were pretty funny, and his overall idioticness did make his character more likable.

The action was neat and the production values above average, so I thought overall it was pretty good.

At this point, the only reason I look forward to more OP movies is more soundtrack for the anime.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, I did think the art-style at the end of SW where Luffy goes Gear Second through Gigant Axe was pretty nifty. But I could see how some would have the exact opposite reaction.

Wonder who'll appear in the movie other than Strawhats? Will we have cameos from other characters?
    [/crosses fingers for Supernova cameos]

Dunno how much of this is new, but SI has a really good page with all the information and media for the movie in one place:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/06/...e-know-so-far/

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    Wonder who'll appear in the movie other than Strawhats? Will we have cameos from other characters?
    [/crosses fingers for Supernova cameos]
    Probably Doflamingo, Sabo, or Monet, probably.

I sure hope that apart from the main villain, we will have strong henchmen because Zoro vs Indigo was rather short and anticlimatic.

So if Strong World's release is anything to go on, we should get the first trailer with actual footage in early August?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCook View Post
    But still, I hate having all the religious/supernatural stuff, and that is the one thing I really liked about One Piece over other Manga/Animes.
    You say that in a series derived around Devil Fruit powers which come from a supernatural curse?

Just saying.

Sorry for being behind, but has a date for the movie been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    Sorry for being behind, but has a date for the movie been released yet?
    I think it was 15th December.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopperrules View Post
    You say that in a series derived around Devil Fruit powers which come from a supernatural curse?
    Eh, I can see where he comes from, because I share his views. The 'religious/supernatural stuff' part is either missing, or very One-Piece-esque, rather than cookie-cutter-genre-defined stuff that doesn't fit in with One Piece. It is why I too absolutely hate the fifth movie; it is the typical sort of bland uninspired story I'd expect from Naruto or Bleach.

The devil fruit powers in One Piece have barely been defined, and unlike the typical 'religious' or 'spiritual' plot device, Oda continues to remind us there are scientific motivators and explanations behind it (see Enies Lobby arc, Jyabura being corrected about his superstition). The only thing supernatural about it so far is the name. We haven't seen fruits haunt people; they have not been shown to have any sort of will of their own. They have not made the moon drip blood or possessed people.

Simply put: the 'devil' in 'devil fruit' so far seems to come from superstition and lack of knowledge amongst the common folk in One Piece; in much the same way the church did exorcisms on crazy people who they thought were possessed, rather than understand that they were simply wrong in the head. Maybe some creature with sentience worthy of being called a devil is behind the fruits; but knowing the story so far and knowing Oda's originality, I doubt it will be anything close to Movie 5's plainness.

I kind of see your point when you put it like that.

FYI, I also don't think very highly of movie 5, so I'm not arguing. I prefer movie 4, 6, and Strong World myself. At least they feel more One Piece, unlike the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdomkey View Post
    So if Strong World's release is anything to go on, we should get the first trailer with actual footage in early August?
    Now I'm wondering if we'll see it right after the Arlong special on August 25th...Although that would be late August of course.

New information in next WSJ, nice poster ^^

Is that man Aokiji!?

「"麦わらの一味"新世界突入後の大事件を描く、
    劇場映画"Z"。そのストーリーに、何と2年後の青キジが
    関係しているというのだ!! 赤犬に敗れ行方をくらましていた、
    青キジの目的とは…!?」

作者コメント
    「3年ぶりに映画やりますよ!!
    やるからにはただじゃ済ませませんよ!!
    びっくり箱いっぱい用意してあるんですからね!!
    全スタッフ超燃えてんすからね!!うおー!!!」
    Last edited by redon; June 28th, 2012 at 07:57 AM.

11th movie deserves a hawt Robin... :P

Ah, I wish that was bigger so that I could make out the costume sketches in the bottom left. Luffy's what looks like a button down and vest combo looks cool and simple. lol Usopp, I almost didn't recognize him.
    Last edited by Crossword; June 28th, 2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Whoops, that's his hat.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information