+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 195 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Film Z (Wrap Canon From the Manga Not Yet in the Anime with Spoiler Tags)

Default Re: One Piece New World Film Announced

If Oda has to write every movies, the manga will be over in 30 years from now.

Topping Strong World is really saying a lot - but I'd be THRILLED if it actually measures up! But anyway, it's awesome to be hearing about a new movie with the timeskip designs and abilities we've just gotten to see everyone perform. Hope the story's a good one and the animation better be at least Strong World level, because OP doesn't need to be going backwards (or 3D anymore, thank you).

I would be fine with Dead End Adventure level of animation.
    Strong World was some of the best animation I have ever seen; but DEA was good enough.

It's not because Oda says he will not do a movie again he will do it, he can change his mind he is a human being you know?

i will be really happy if Oda do it again :)

i mean it's the new world, nothing better than a movie made by odacchi to fest it up the new world arc!

i'm looking forward to it, i loved strong world so i really expect to be surprised with this one :D

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I could imagine it topping Movie 10 in terms of scope, but in terms of character or animation? We'll see about that.

Still, new movie. Can't not get excited about that.
    Definitely can't surpass it in terms of hype.

the answer is synthetic. zachri's Avatar

I FORSEE GREAT THINGS WITH THIS MOVIE ALREADY.

Thou shalt be ended in the name of the League of zachri and the Lawfare army.

I don't want Oda working on it to the same degree as SW. We got more breaks and shorter chapters for a while because of that, so I'd prefer he just works on the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCook View Post
    Wow, better than Strong World? Toei better not make Oda mad!

But I actually preferred Dead End Adventure for many reasons.
    And for those saying, "DOesn't matter how bad it is, as long as it is a OP film." I disagree.
    I still haven't been able to get through the retelling of certain arcs (Drum, Alabasta) or the Chopper movie.
    Really? I thought the Drum retelling was actually pretty good.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Only way this movie will top Strong World is if a certain Katsuhisa Hoki is apart of the Main Cast

Seriously though people what are the chances Jinbe will be in this movie? I doubt it will be out in theaters before the FI arc is over.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    I FORSEE GREAT THINGS WITH THIS MOVIE ALREADY.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu...xttfo1_400.gif
    Im sold with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish View Post
    Only way this movie will top Strong World is if a certain Katsuhisa Hoki is apart of the Main Cast

Seriously though people what are the chances Jinbe will be in this movie? I doubt it will be out in theaters before the FI arc is over.
    Possible, but not likely. If they're starting on this movie now, instead of after FI is done, Jinbe isn't considered part of the crew yet. While they could make revisions later to include him, I'd say by the time it shows up in the manga, the movie will have gone through enough planning and not be ready for major revisions like that... unless they rush. But rushing a movie is never a good thing. And they have plans to make this movie top Strong World, their record holder.

I'm sure if Jimbe is planned to join the crew then Oda would have told Toei studios beforehand. So that when the trailer surfaces everyone will be like "JIMBE!! SUGOIIIIIIII~"

If this movie is supposed to eclipse STRONG WORLD then I'm guessing that one of those factors will be that it has amazing 3D effects. Seeing as how almost every movie is shown in 3D now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareem Said View Post
    Rock Lee: What is it Kakashi sensei?
    Kakashi: It was as if a million fangirls cried out in agony and were suddenly silenced!

I can't get my head around how they'll be setting this in the New World... I mean, so far we know near nothing about it, so that's gonna be tricky to stay consistent with Oda. Plus, what about all the things that have changed over the 2 years we don't know of yet? Granted, they can just leave that out, but still - new fighting techniques? Skills? Where does it fit in in the timeline? Jinbe or no Jinbe?

Have we got a date yet? But well if they are announcing it I'm sure they've got at least the script ready.

Since it's a movie and not considered canon, it doesn't matter much about staying consistent. The New World is still set up for hype anyway.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

I'm sure by the time this movie is released Fishman Island will be done in the manga, and even then, there's nothing stopping Toei from consulting with Oda on story elements such as whether the Straw Hats will have any new members by then, or what the state of the world will be, etc.

Then again, I consider the movies canon to the anime as long as they don't contradict anything, and Strong World to be canon overall, so what do I know?
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

You're just as sane as I am.

This is good news indeed. I was really hoping to hear these news soon rather then later, and them saying it will be better then Strong World sounds good I suppose. Now the question I'm mostly thinking about is who's going to be the animation director/character designer of the 12th movie. 7 and 8 had Eisaku Inoue, 9 had Naoki Tate and 10 had Masayuki Sato. And I don't count 11 since it's the 3D one. I'm also going to assume this won't be a 3D movie.

On a side note, I have only seen likem the first half hour of Strong World but from what I know it looked pretty good so I wouldn't mind Masayuki Sato being the animation director. Noboru Koizumi, who did movie 5 and those might also be nice choice. Basiacally any of the people I mention has the potential for making the movie look good.

I would really like to see either Noboru Koizumi or Kazuya Hisada take a stab at it, but hey I don't mind any of the other guys so yeah. But I'm mostly just hoping for a good nice looking kick-ass One Piece movie set in the New World.
    Last edited by dawwe; November 20th, 2011 at 09:16 PM.

I'm angry and I'm wet - 4kids Luffy

I love strong World, its my favorite but only for a little bit over Dead End Adventure, and that's because we've got the Sunny, Franky and Brook on strong world, and Oda's designs.

I loved Dead End adventure, it had everything, So I hope they make someting as good at least,

It'll probably be out around march next year, since All OP movies came out about that time of the year right?

there's no release date right? which means it can be done in the end of 2012 or 2013, till' then the fishman island arc will be done so yeah if there is a new member he or she will be add!

Well, Strong World was first announced in 2008 and wasn't released till 2010 so we could have another 2 year wait here.

This week weŽll have more info about the film in Weekly Shonen Jump.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information