+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of god

Default Re: Tower of god

Sort of random, but in the first chapters that we see Rachel talk to Baam in the cave, you can see Jahad's symbol in the background.

Just want to point out that Tower of God will end in chapter 400~500, and author said it is not the end of this manhwa, It is part of the bigger world and the author is thinking about showing Phantaminum in Tower of God or not, according to the author Phantaminum is not just the strongest in the Tower, but he is one of the strongest in the world, implying that the rankers are not the only ones who have an extraordinary power.

After finding out about Lahel's treachery, I went back and reread the hide and seek game. There are a lot of innuendoes suggesting that Lahel and Ho are the same kind of problem for Baam. It's like the director used Ho for a reason. Getting Baam to stop climbing the tower was just a pretext, it seems like he was using Ho to help Baam understand why Lahel would act like she did, and why Lahel might hate Baam. And also as a warning, to show that if Baam failed to understand and save Lahel, then she would probably die like Ho.

New chapter's out but not yet translated. Lotta text in it so it could take a couple of days.

Some initial reactions to recent developments, informed by my viewing of the pictures (obviously I don't know Korean):

(mild spoilers ahoy, maybe)
    Spoiler:

Hwa Ryun has to be some sort of ranker, maybe a guide like Yuri's short fast boat homie. Someone over at the Batoto forums put together a fairly compelling bit of evidence for this:
    http://www.batoto.net/forums/topic/3...post__p__43454
    She also seems implicated in getting Ho to threaten Rachel/Lahel and then in making sure Baam knew about it. Probably a pawn of Headon's.

Rachel is an irregular, right? And Baam is... expected but still someone who opened the door himself? Here's hoping this all gets cleared up soon. We still have one more candidate for irregular/agent of Headon/whatever, and that's the super-strong silent type guy, Akryung. What's up with him?

As to the new chapter, it's short as hell. Someone with golden eyes (Baam has golden eyes, but so do plenty of other characters in SIU's universe) and hands that look older than Baam's muses quietly, a new cast are introduced(!) and I start to wonder if we're timeskipping (shit) or swapping to a new set of characters for a long period of time (shit?) or what. SIU's made some comments about the size of this world being large enough to merit more than just Baam's immediate story, but I had hoped we'd get some more of this story, since it was just getting going...

Oh well, translations are bound to be out soon anyway.

And now chapter 80 is out, and season 2 begins.

Shipmate

Ah, already? I was thinking to pick it up once the second part begins.

Ahha, Skyrim easter egg even in a manhwa. Cute.

I recently started reading this after some very good reviews on it... a really good story to read.. also reading the author's blog translations.. i am surprised that Tower of God is only a part of the Talze Universe setting the author mentions... a lot of potential for this web-toon to turn out into a top class one like One Piece, Toriko and Hunter X Hunter.. although the art isn't good.. but the story makes up for it..

I really recommend this to everyone.. it will be fun following a story from this early.. :)

by the way .. did mangastream forums just disappear... weird... ohh.. looks like something big went down at mangastream..

Tbh, this manhwa is the best thing I'm reading right now. I like it a lot better than everything else, one piece included (mostly cuz this author never disappoints and the universe he's created is so awesome).

I wouldn't say it's better than One Piece, since nobody will like the same thing. I will say that it's pretty much on par, especially with the storytelling/immersion and world building, not to mention complexity. It's also a nesting grounds for theories of all kinds, but you won't find the discussions at Arlong Park. Instead, I suggest you go over to The Company's own forum: http://www.batoto.net/forums/forum/91-tower-of-god/
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

Quote Originally Posted by Luxor View Post
    I wouldn't say it's better than One Piece, since nobody will like the same thing. I will say that it's pretty much on par, especially with the storytelling/immersion and world building, not to mention complexity. It's also a nesting grounds for theories of all kinds, but you won't find the discussions at Arlong Park. Instead, I suggest you go over to The Company's own forum: http://www.batoto.net/forums/forum/91-tower-of-god/
    Already a permanent resident over there but thanks anyway lol.

Spoiler for Chapter 8
    Spoiler:
    Baam auto-wins with his 100k+ hit so Love lets him choose 7 regulars to go up with him (Love earlier said the top 8 would advance).
    Wangnan, Akraptor, etc. advertise themselves to Baam/try to suck up to him.
    Baam refuses, saying he wants to go up the tower alone (He refuses Yeon because he wants to kill Zahard and his affiliates (the 10 families)).
    Love challenges Baam to a game; if Baam wins, he can go up alone; if Love wins, Baam has to take 7 regulars with him.

Amazingly, there appears to be a proper translation of it already out.

How? I don't know.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/92832/t...by_the-company

Another chapter and things are looking damn good. Sorry for the double post, I guess.

I'm excited to see how Love fares with this most recent attack, though I wonder why Baam/Viole would go to the trouble of changing his appearance and identity only to rouse suspicions by copying techniques so easily (and blatantly). It seems like he should be using stuff gained over his 5 year hiatus rather than showing off his Irregular abilities...

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

I starting reading this when season 2 started and have not been disappointed. Reminds me the most of HunterXHunter due to the tests and doublecrossing characters and whatnot. I like the plot and the world. The art is growing on me.

I hate that Lurker dude...

Spoiler:

summary thx to LaFa:

Nia got beat up when he first arrived at 20F and lost his weapons, belongings, and etc by his own teammates.
    But a granny helped him out, so he forgot about the testing and helped her.
    But gangs got involved, and the granny borrowed some money from Lurker's company.
    So he was working with Lurker from the start.
    He gave Wangnan the coupon so Lurker and Co. can track him if he uses it.
    Lurker told him that he'll clear the debt if Nia helps him, so Nia did it because he can't leave the granny.

But!
    Lurker trolled Nia. He says he can't clear the debt.
    He's planning to get rid of the Prince and become the leader of the new group to pass the test.
    Nia calls him a scammer, and Lurker kills him (Well, not sure if he really died, but Lurker says that he died).

BTW, the black pocket says : My Love Nia

and also thx to LaFa:

SIU's blog post:

This game has 3 more chapters left.

After that along with Viole's story, other hidden story within the test will appear.
    Story will begin to connect with the season 1's story.
    This test may not seem important at the moment, but within Tower of God's world, it's a big incident.
    After that, characters from season 1 will appear, and the scale will get larger.

Its out on batoto.net.
    Btw, its a shame, that the thread here is so empty. With HxH in hiatus, Tower of God is surely one of the most interesting shounen out there. Even over on narutoforum there is a 60+ pages thread about it.

For the chapter: It was for me the best one in the second arc. While Viole showing of his powers is nice and all; the deception, betrayal and mindgames are the strong points of ToG. But I dont know how to feel about Lurker. Killing Nia was a little pointless and just to show how evil he is. Though the "death" was also very fishy, so maybe there is more behind it.

But the highpoint was the afterword by SIU, that the main characters from part I will reappear soon. Not a single one of the new characters can compare to them and noone from the good guys seem shrewd or powerfull enough to advance further into the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    But the highpoint was the afterword by SIU, that the main characters from part I will reappear soon. Not a single one of the new characters can compare to them and noone from the good guys seem shrewd or powerfull enough to advance further into the tower.
    Yeah I'm excited to see the old guys again, but far more interested in why this test is going to become so important to the tower as a whole. Will Baam kill a Ranker? That might do it. Will Wangnan's connection to Zahard be revealed? That would probably do it too.

To further bump this thread, to attract some attention: Chapter 100 is out!

Nothing too great, but the author confirmed, that the next one will be the climax.

And god, did SIU has some inferiority complex:
    Despite my inadequate skills, so many people have loved this comic and took an interest in it. So, I apologize for my lack of skill, feel a heavy burden, and am also grateful.

The information about Wingtree was very interesting.

Chapter is out.
    "We've gotten close with the Part 2 characters, and Part 1 characters and each family's and FUGs characters will start to come out...."

Sounds, like shit will hit the fan soon. Cant wait for the next chapters.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information