+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of god

Default Re: Tower of god

Oh thank Crom there's some discussion here. The fanfic-writing twats over at Batoto were starting to become unbearable.

Epilogue will be wonderful; I'm excited to see what twist of fate or characterization will get Baam/Viole to make the Wangman his wingman and bring along the others as well. Also, Teddy. What the fuck, man? Secretly
    Spoiler:
    hiding powers beyond those of a 10 families superpowered flame-sconced serial murdering Hellboy-status megawitch?
    You go, gurl.

I wonder what'll happen when Baam finds out Wangnan is the prince...

Pretty good chapter,
    Spoiler:
    - Wangnan tricked Baam, so Baam, Yeon, Wangnan, Goseng, Miseng, Horyang, Arkraptor and Prince passed
    - Wangnan gave Baam his controller
    - Locker didn't die...

Epilogue next week! Then SIU takes a break for a week :(
    Last edited by x20a; June 24th, 2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: early translations were slightly wrong

Spoiler:
    Great chapter. Looks like Koon is recruiting an elite team. This already looks way better then the last arc

Oh, and that will be the last time I bump this thread. Quote obviously nobody here is reading this gem. anyway: The only threads who are extensively discussed here are Naruto/Bleach/fairy tail . (at least the HxH one will be full too, once it returns from hiatus). ah well, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    Spoiler:
    Great chapter. Looks like Koon is recruiting an elite team. This already looks way better then the last arc

Oh, and that will be the last time I bump this thread. Quote obviously nobody here is reading this gem. anyway: The only threads who are extensively discussed here are Naruto/Bleach/fairy tail . (at least the HxH one will be full too, once it returns from hiatus). ah well, whatever.
    Oh, don't count on that. I read ToG, and am sure there are some other users who read ToG as well, but just there isn't anything to discuss for now. SIU as said that the direction in which this show is going will be clear after the next chap, so just have to wait for it. I am just waiting to see what happens next. So far its fine, although the pacing felt a bit dragged in this arc, but its going to get better from now on. SIU did say that the next arc will be very exciting.

Besides, the Naruto/Bleach/FT threads are the ones which receive the most criticism for the lame chapters that are put out.

When was the last time you bumped it?

Anyway, I don't know if he's recruiting a 'team' per se... unless he has some way to solidify allegiance or instill morale, it'll be a pretty shitty team. Koon knows this. More likely a group of semi-elite fodder in my opinion. I'm interested to see where this goes with Lahel/Rachel as some sort of 'leader' though, and whether she's kept up the paralysis charade or gained any powers or whatever. She's an irregular too, probably, and it's odd that she hasn't manifested beastly strength like Baam/Viole or any of the others before him.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

I read the series too, but it's true...there's not too much to discuss right now. Have to see what the next chapter brings.

ToG now is like what Beel was during the St. Ishiyama arc. I remember someone from here made a beel forum and invited a bunch of people, but there wasn't much to talk about then.

Btw, new chapter:

Spoiler:
    Rachel is still ugly (which seems to be a trending topic on the scanlator's site)
    Koon knows Rachel is lying about not being able to walk and missing Baam
    There's going to be a fight (?) amongst Koon's new team to organize their teammates
    There's another Koon :O

Quote Originally Posted by x20a View Post
    Spoiler:

Koon knows Rachel is lying about not being able to walk and missing Baam
    Spoiler:
    This is pretty big. Trying to trick Koon for that long is a terrible idea though. I wonder why she didn't just claim to be slowly improving...is she really that lazy?

Chapter's out

Some fights, and seems like Rachel might be onto Agero's knowledge about her already.Next arc shifts back to Viole I guess.

Koon's declaration about Rachel and Baam gave me shivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    Koon's declaration about Rachel and Baam gave me shivers.
    Yeah, I liked that part too. Koon is my 2nd favourite character in ToG, after Baam. This chapter also showed that Koon thought highly of Baam, and considered him his best friend. This for Koon is a big deal, cause he is not the type to trust people easily. Anyway, it looks likely that they are going to meet, probably in that big arc SIU mentioned in the blog.

Will next chapter be going back to Baam's group or will it continue with Koon's group, or maybe focus on Ship's group?? What do you think??

Baam and Koon's relationship becomes more and more like Gon and Killua's all the time. Gon and Baam are the innocent, noble characters that become jaded as the learn about the world. Koon and Killua are the experienced tricksters from the famous families that have trouble trusting others. They even look like each other. I'm certain that SIU has read HxH.

But back to the subject. The character interactions (and reveal of Koon's knowledge of Rachel) happened too fast for the story to stay focused on them. Clearly it will go somewhere else. As to where...I don't think it will go to Ship, but it might. I'd put my money on going back to Baam.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokuyuske View Post
    Baam and Koon's relationship becomes more and more like Gon and Killua's all the time. Gon and Baam are the innocent, noble characters that become jaded as the learn about the world. Koon and Killua are the experienced tricksters from the famous families that have trouble trusting others. They even look like each other. I'm certain that SIU has read HxH.

But back to the subject. The character interactions (and reveal of Koon's knowledge of Rachel) happened too fast for the story to stay focused on them. Clearly it will go somewhere else. As to where...I don't think it will go to Ship, but it might. I'd put my money on going back to Baam.
    SIU has stated that the next episode will be about FUG in his end-of-chapter blog post.

So, another small "arc", this time about FUG and then we have the big arc mentioned, which will probably unite all the different storylines into a bigger frame.

Quote Originally Posted by shashank41 View Post
    Considering its a solo weekly full color work from the artist, I found the artwork pretty good from what we get usually in free webcomics. His artwork has improved a lot recently too from the random generic stuff at the start.

raws are out for chap 74 and
    Spoiler:
    seems like lahel betrayed baam
    This webcomic is pretty entertaining, despite its simplicity. I love the alligator guy.

Yeah, I just started...

And 'tis an old post , but I care not.

^ It'll only get more complicated.

Especially if you take the time to read some of the better theories written in Batoto's ToG forums.
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

chapter's out here

Pigs, and a very cross tsundere. The epilogue about their team formation was real fun

A nice chapter, but seemed a bit short.

Anyway, liked the interaction between the new team, looks like they are getting along well, and they are even starting to trust Viole (except Yihwa). Hwa ryun returns, no surprise there considering this arc will shed some light on the FUG.

Hope the next chap will be a bit longer.

Oh it did go back to Baam, nice. I'd love to hear his backstory with joining FUG and whatnot now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information