+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of god

Default Re: Tower of god

Still no idea, how Violes (current) team can compete for the higher floors. They dont look particularly strong.

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    This webcomic is pretty entertaining, despite its simplicity. I love the alligator guy.

Yeah, I just started...

And 'tis an old post , but I care not.
    Ok caught up. And confused as hell.

I wanna see Rak again. He was so awesome. And understandable.

Ah, I just need to let things sink in. I read through the whole series rather quickly.

First question, right from the beginning at Floor 2, there was a ton of killing, but quickly soon after, it was simply spoken like it was a taboo. Also there were lots of aliens at the beginning but they're a rare occurrence in part 2.

And somehow Viole is Baam? I got super-confused that the forums know that to be true.

Edit: reread part 2, got it now.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

New chapter: http://mangapirate.net/Tower_of_God/107/1

Spoiler:
    Oh wow, huge plot reveal. We now know a few things about why Baam is special and why FUG wants him. Surprising that he's going to climb the tower with these mostly useless guys though.

Nice chapter. It had some good info in it. Looks like this small arc will be very informative.

Raw chapter for this week has something very intriguing at the end:
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...10&weekday=mon

Spoiler:
    I wonder if it's really him...

Spoiler:
    I've pretty much been going "Oh shit" for the past 5 minutes wondering if it really does turn out to be him.

It's not fucking Him, what kind of eminent super badass tattoos their own last name across their back? We don't know shit, it might be that ALL wingtree people have that on em (ok probably not, SIU has said in blogposts that they're not exactly fanatics) or maybe it's a subordinate of his. Of course, SIU *also* said that a familiar character would show up again... the guy likes to try n fuck with his fanbase a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be quant or lero-ro or someone else from pt.1 who ran afoul or Urek and got knocked out/tattooed or something.

Lero-ro and Quant *were* headed to 21f when last we saw them, iirc.

Although he really appears to be an egoistical guy, with his yearning for the 1st rank, don't really think it would extend as far as to tattoo his own identity on his back.

Just started reading this a few days ago, and just got caught up.

I have a question.

Why are rankers known to have climbed to the top of the tower, when no one has actually reached the top? It's kind of confusing, I guess the top to them is the floor Zahard stopped on? Because I read in his character notes that if Zahard were to awaken again, the tower may be extended a floor.

So basically, no one has actually reached the very top of the tower?

Quote Originally Posted by Glowstuff View Post
    Just started reading this a few days ago, and just got caught up.

I have a question.

Why are rankers known to have climbed to the top of the tower, when no one has actually reached the top? It's kind of confusing, I guess the top to them is the floor Zahard stopped on? Because I read in his character notes that if Zahard were to awaken again, the tower may be extended a floor.

So basically, no one has actually reached the very top of the tower?
    That's right yeah. You get ranked when you reached the highest attained floor (134), not the top. No one has advanced past 134.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by fdsfgfs View Post
    It's not fucking Him, what kind of eminent super badass tattoos their own last name across their back? We don't know shit, it might be that ALL wingtree people have that on em (ok probably not, SIU has said in blogposts that they're not exactly fanatics) or maybe it's a subordinate of his. Of course, SIU *also* said that a familiar character would show up again... the guy likes to try n fuck with his fanbase a bit, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be quant or lero-ro or someone else from pt.1 who ran afoul or Urek and got knocked out/tattooed or something.

Lero-ro and Quant *were* headed to 21f when last we saw them, iirc.
    77th Im pretty sure
    I just finished reading through and all I want is for baam to meek with rak and lay some smackdown on fug
    Last edited by Bentham; September 6th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

I wonder if this manwha will cover the hundreds of years it takes to get to the 134th floor(there will be time skips of course), or will the author end it before they get anywhere near it. Even if the author was just going to focus on Baam, I was reading the character profiles, and it says that Urek took 50 years, so give or take, it would probably take Baam 40-60 years to reach floor 134.

Discovered Stowaway

The red/blue colour scheemes are very asthetically pleasing

Ch31 Summary
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeNouget from B***** Forums
    Continuing on from last week's close-up to Viole's eye....
    Viole suddenly starts running!

========

WangNan is still chasing after the pig, complaining that it's too fast.
    It then enters a hole which WangNan says is too small for him to enter.
    WangNan looks at Miseng and tells others that she might be able to enter and after telling her that the only one who can do it is her, Miseng agrees.

===========

On the side of Urek, Prince asks what's going on.
    Teddy (Horyang - ima just call him teddy) tells him he'll buy time somehow and that Prince should escape.

Teddy:
    "This flow of Shinsoo..."
    "He is not an existence that belongs in a place like this"

While prince is confused as to what he means, Teddy just yells at him to run.

Then Urek flicks(?) his hand, and a bunch of light appears around Teddy and Prince and blows up.
    Urek tells them it's not a good idea to run if they want to live just a little bit longer.

Prince starts talking back, Teddy yells, and he shuts up.

Teddy asks Urek who he is, asking why someone of such power would be in a place like this.

Urek says "no comment", telling him that it's because the tower would become rowdy if they found out he was there.
    However, he does tell them that he's "one of the strongest existence in the tower"

Then Urek tells him that they're so persistent, asking why they keep sending Rankers after Rankers even though they all die.
    Teddy has no idea what he means, and tells them they are just Regulars, and the mission they received from the Test Examiner.

Urek laughs his ass off, telling them that he's there because he wanted a Flower of Zygaena, but when the Rankers of the Floor started bothering him, he killed them and everyone else that entered.

He says he's found the flower but wasn't ready to leave yet so he's just dealing with the guys who come in out of boredom.

Then he tells them the examiner used the test as an excuse to throw them into that place.
    Urek asks them if they did something to make the examiner resent them, and Teddy thinks it must be because of Viole.

Urek tells them he'll let them live, but he tells them to give up on the flower and forget everything they've seen there.
    At that moment, Viole comes out of the cave to meet them.

Teddy tells Viole he should give up on the test since the Test Examiner seemed to have set up a trap to kill him who is a Slayer Candidate. He continues on to explain the man and that they'd have no chance of getting the flower as long as he's there.

All the while Urek is thinking "A slayer candidate...?"

================================

Goseng is worrying about Miseng, and silver haired guy says it's a good chance for Miseng to get some self-confidence since she always says she's useless to the team.

The Silver haired guy tells Goseng he'll go look around and WangNan follows.
    A bit later, he asks WangNan what he's hiding, since he seems to have started training really hard and suddenly becomes serious when he was joking just before.

WangNan tells him they can't fail the test.
    Because if they fail, one of Viole friend will die.

=======================================

Viole says he won't give up, and that everyone else should run while he continues on.
    Teddy tells him that they can just redo the test and that they should just escape

========================================
    WangNan:

"Everytime we fail a test, one of Viole's friend dies"
    "Viole is climbing the tower, in order to protect his friends"

"The place where Viole really should be"
    "Is not with us"

========================================

Urek:

"You're not going to give up?"
    "Even though you know you'll die?"

Viole:
    "Because I have something..."
    "...more afraid of than death"

Viole takes on his battle stance - or rather uses a skill.

Urek:
    "Ho-"

Urek lifts his hands up and does what seems to lift up Viole's hair.

Urek:
    "Your hair is like a girl's"
    "But I like that look in your eyes"
    "Alright"

"I'll play with you a bit. Baby"

*queue the last panel*
    UREK MOTHER FUCKING MAZINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What a fucking cliffhanger... can't wait till next week

Spoiler:
    Oh wow, so it's really him. Baam can't possibly beat him...but yeah this could be interesting.

Spoiler:
    I think the question is if Yuri told Urek about Baam. If she did, Urek may help Baam get out of FUG.

Or Urek, being a manly man, will be impressed with Baam and just let him go and pass the test (further increasing Baam's rep) and will plan something with Yuri later.

Either way, I think Urek and Walhaiksong will be Baam's eventual safe haven from Zahard and FUG, since right now it's hard to differntiate which of the two is worse.

New chapter

Things really heating up now, they would need real good team work to get out of this one.

So... it's actually him. Copy ninja Baam might have gotten some sweet skills from Urek, but no. Just another idiotic game. Womp wom. Whatever, it woulda been cool to see more of a clash but for now I'll let SIU be the judge of what's best...

I'm worried that he's there to get the flower for Yuri, and will find out that she's totally into Baam (hilarious moment in the manwha there) and maybe resent him for it. It's been stated that Urek has pretty bad luck with the ladies.

Discovered Stowaway

So... it's actually him. Copy ninja Baam might have gotten some sweet skills from Urek, but no. Just another idiotic game. Womp wom. Whatever, it woulda been cool to see more of a clash but for now I'll let SIU be the judge of what's best...

I'm worried that he's there to get the flower for Yuri, and will find out that she's totally into Baam (hilarious moment in the manwha there) and maybe resent him for it. It's been stated that Urek has pretty bad luck with the ladies.
    You don't think urek's going to use any skills whatsoever to catch baam?

Copy ninja Baam might have gotten some sweet skills from Urek.
    Think that might still work out if and when Viole being Baam is made clear. Dont really think his identity as an irregular could be hidden from a high ranker in direct combat. And it doesnt seem like many irregulars pop in randomly into the tower either.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information