+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1508

Thread: Tower of god

Default Re: Tower of god

That is one weird ass weapon!!!!

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Strong tongue action coming out of this chapter.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    Strong tongue action coming out of this chapter.
    Seriously this guy is so creative!!! I would tots rock that weapon if it was in some sort of video game!

seriously the weapons in this series are pretty unique/cool, plus the whole beat a challenge to go to the next floor, and the ranking thing, and the different positions for teams, it kind of reminds me of a video game

what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Seriously this guy is so creative!!! I would tots rock that weapon if it was in some sort of video game!

seriously the weapons in this series are pretty unique/cool, plus the whole beat a challenge to go to the next floor, and the ranking thing, and the different positions for teams, it kind of reminds me of a video game
    That is one of the strongest points on Tower, sometimes it goes to deep on the Shonen route, but otherwise, in terms of world-building it has done a fascinating job. The cast has grown quite a bit, and it has not allowed to develop them further, and with some characters apparently dead, some of their stories seem cut short, lack luster. I wonder sometimes, if that is the feeling trying to be conveyed. A sense of triviality, to replicate how easy it is for plans to change, dreams to be crushed. A bit of the harsh reality. Not every death can, or should be grandiose.

With that said, at the start of season 2, the author remarked that one of the scenes had been mentally exhausting. It involved one of the earlier deaths. It makes me think on how hard it might be to draw death, especially to a character that does not deserve it, or they care about. Proof that we cannot be logical, or cold everytime.

--

On a side note, Chibi Rak is best Rak. His scene when he finds Bam could not have been better.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

How the hell are they gonna get out of this one???

Am I the only one hoping that Evankhell teaches Rak how to use his power???

also do you think Koon will stay a Light Bearer or will he become a Spear Bearer?
    Last edited by choperman; October 16th, 2018 at 05:56 PM.

THERE WE GO RAK!!!!!

Long time no see, Black March.

SIU bit off way more than he can chew with this arc. Too many fights going on, not enough downtime between important matches.

I loved it in S1 and for a little bit of s2, but after the initial world building happened, it became very bland. Once they stepped foot on the Hell Train it became Bleach/FT levels of unreadable. Stinks too, because SUI has definitely showed that he can write a good story

Quote Originally Posted by Kondo View Post
    I loved it in S1 and for a little bit of s2, but after the initial world building happened, it became very bland. Once they stepped foot on the Hell Train it became Bleach/FT levels of unreadable. Stinks too, because SUI has definitely showed that he can write a good story
    Wow... in total disagreement

don't get me wrong I can see it being a bit of a drop in quality for sure, but comparing to Bleach and Fairy Tail??? that's waaaaay to harsh

Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto eventually became devoid of fun, it was a struggle to read every week, but I did it simply because I initially enjoyed them, and had already invested so much time into it already, so I stuck it out

Tower of God may have dropped in quality, and still hasn't focused enough on the characters we loved in part 1.... but it's not a pain in the ass to read, it still has fun moments and I'm definitely still excited to see where it's heading and what will happen to the characters, and that's not something I can say about Fairy Tail, Bleach and Naruto at the end of there series

Quote Originally Posted by RedGreenBlue View Post
    SIU bit off way more than he can chew with this arc. Too many fights going on, not enough downtime between important matches.
    This I will agree with though

but still enjoying it

Thats the problem if you have a strong start.

Even if the rest of the series is just a mediocre and undistinguished -though not outright bad- narrative, its extremely strong start with all the insane potential made it look so much worse.

I cant say anything about the current arcs as I have stopped around the same point as Kondo but it looks like a lot of people have ceased to care as well and nothing that I have heard about recent ToG has really made any impression. Its a damn shame.

Finally caught up after letting it rest sometime when Hell Joe was first introduced. Like, 2 years ago?

Anyway, it's certainly fun. And art has improved immensely since the start. SIU is so good with shine and shading effects. Must have made dozens of screenshots to draw later on.

Yeah, I can agree it's not as good as the beginning promised. Too much sidetracking. Of course, it's all part of the main plot but it feels like sidetracking. Bam is just being sent from one quest giver to another. I dislike the soap opera elements as well. You know, the fact Rachel took Wangnan's ring and we couldn't find important stuff because Karaka needs to see the ring before he spills the beans to Wangnan. Or Hockney not getting his damn painting fragment even though Yura is in his face every other panel and there's no more reason for her to hold on to it. Yeah, suppose he will get it when it's proper time, but it's still annoying. Akraptor and Prince dying is really badly written. Want those guys back dammit. There's also stuff that seems like it was cut out for lack of time. Like that Snake Charmer Androssi carried with her for most of the arc and who did almost nothing in the end.

The dialogues sometimes leave much to be desired. I guess some of it get lost in translation, but I can't imagine it's the same in every case. Characters interactions are sometimes weird, considering the past events. And having a cast that big makes it harder to juggle it all. I wish SIU worked with a writer so he could focus more on art. I said it has improved, but characters feel too static at times. Especially in fights. There's definitely room for improvement there.

Speaking of characters, they range from madly creative to surprisingly bland. Like that dude Kallavan. I suppose it's just the way things are in real life as well. But I can't deny he makes them really likable, even if they're villains. Yu Hansung is one of the best things that happened during my reread and I was so glad when he appeared in real time.

The fights are one thing I could be a lot happier with too. Not just from art perspective. It's good enough to enjoy most of the time. But I wish it could be more technical, you know. In the end, favored positions often don't end up having too much meaning. Would have been better if the positional differences were more emphasized. Feel like we got into an era where enemies are strong enough to be good at every position a little too soon.

I love the lore and you can tell SIU put in a lot of time to organize everything. The tower structure, the floors, the guardians, the 10 families, the branch families, the royal family, the groups, the rankings, the positions, the items, the history, the known character quirks, the trivia... It's a shame SIU doesn't do more of those blogs to fill in the blanks.

Regarding these last chapters, I actually feared the all out battle would be a lot worse. It was a pleasant surprise really. Think the positioning of the battlefield and the match ups were handled really well. Love how there were multiple fronts at the same time. Evankhell and Hansung coming with Karaka's posse was an exciting bit and a nice turnaround for the one sided battle. Love such chaotic situations.

So, you guys figure we're at a half way or a little farther? There's so much stuff unresolved. But seeing how fast Bam is growin and considering some floors might be time-skipped... I don't know.
    Last edited by Razh; January 16th, 2019 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

This chapter where they list the strongest groups in the Tower makes me even more confident that Bam's group isn't too big yet, because they'll need an army at the end of the series if they ever want to rival any of these other groups

also the hug at the end was great, hope we get to see more of these guys

Am I the only one who was really hoping that it would come out today

It has been in hiatus for several weeks now.
    In the mean time I discovered Lookism which is a pretty fun webtoon.

Its returning this sunday
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I want everyone to note, in about ten minutes of time, a Bosnian, a Saudi Arabian, an American, and a Brazilian all sat around millions of miles away from eachother discussing rubber pirate comic books from Japan.

You've all had your 21st Century moment for the day, carry one.

I wonder if BAM's training is gonna involve a major time skip

I can't wait to see how Kuhn and Rak use there new elemntal powers with there position, I'm especially interested to see how Khun will mix ice powers with light houses

Quote Originally Posted by Hajro View Post
    Its returning this sunday
    Apparently not

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information