+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 74 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Tower of god

Default Tower of god

Didnt find any thread for it in the search so......

What do you desire? Fortune? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpasses all others? What ever you desire, 'that is here'.In the Tower of God.

Join Twenty-Fifth Baam as he climbs each level of the Tower to find his beloved friend, Lahel. Facing from impossible missions to mind bending puzzles as he uses any means necessary to reach the top.

Sounds cliched but it's a neat little web comic that has surprisingly turned out very well indeed. Full of surprising plot twists,quirky humorous characters and quite a bit of action,this series has quickly become one of my favorites .

any one reading it?

Default Re: Tower of god

Spoiler:
    I was reading it. But I stopped around chapter 65 or so. It was moving a bit too slow for me at that point. Did they get past the submarine thingy beast test yet?
    Not sure if I needed to spoiler this lol.

No , not yet, but things heated up quite a bit since then when
    Spoiler:
    Yuri showed up in the test to fight one of the rankers

Chapter 73, http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...74&weekday=mon

Spoiler:
    Looks like the bull shows up to attack Baam and Lahel in their little bubble ^_^
    And in 72, Yuri says that Urek Mazino is waiting on the 77th floor. I'm expecting Baam to become a BAMF and have a fight with another irregular in the future.

...now that I think back, I've been following this since it was a few chapters in. It's already been over a year? dang.
    Last edited by Luxor; November 21st, 2011 at 01:31 AM.

Glad someone made this thread; I'd been considering it for weeks now but the last couple I created sort of fizzled, and my poor ego couldn't take it again. Been following this since the general manwha thread and it's in the weekly read list (with only Beelzebub and One Piece, no less).

I'm excited to see what kinds of powers the other irregulars have, since Baam is not your regular irregular. Also lookin to see his success versus this Bull thing. While it's true Shinsoo normally takes years to master with even a relative genius like Laure acquiring his powers over a long span of time, it's going to be some slow goings if Baam doesn't acquire some fun new talents in the near future. Here's hoping it isn't something retarded like a laser b[ea]am or something. It's also nice that we got a glimpse of an extremely powerful party (Yuri's) in action, so that we know where Baam's team needs to be headed.

Obligatory retarded theory (first in thread?): Anyone else thinking that Lahel might also be an irregular? In flashbacks she makes a lot of claims about going to climb the Tower, but only her determination is shown as a motivating factor for letting her actually do it; that said, we don't know what the selection process looks like, maybe she got a memo or something.

Spoiler:
    So in then raw for chapter 73, the end apparently has Baam yelling "STOP!" and then the Bull stops, so I'm thinking Baam must be an Anima as well, given its ties to Wave Controllers and Baam being compared to Ren (the riceball ranker). Looking at the chapter that follows the first mention of Anima, Baam comments on "this strength" after doing something in the water with the fish...
    For those of you who care and didn't know, the author has a blog where he comments on stuff from the series, a lot of things we've only heard about and some we haven't heard about yet. History, characters, etc. [Here's the link to Batoto's forum w/ the translations] One of the most recent blog postings says that chapter 73 is the start of Baam "really becoming a main character"; something about him finally stepping up his game and taking center stage, and that "up to this point he has just been... uhh... good looking?"

@prolix, Baam can already shoot "laser beams" or whatever the shinsoo blasts are. That whole target practice thing was in their initial training. Speaking of training though, after the Hide and Seek test Baam trained with Androssi, and the last bit we saw was him actually dodging her attacks. When she initially fought the bull she said "fighting Baam would have been much more entertaining". Perhaps she was just insulting the Bull, but looking at her practicing with Baam, it looks like the author wants Baam to be more than just a long-range laser shooting shinsoo user. Hand-to-hand combat is something he (Baam) is at least practicing.

Edit: Oh, and I'm thinking that girl with the red hair (Hwaryun) is a Jahad Princess. Not much to base that on other than her impressive skills and her being a "pretty girl". Another author's note said her "beauty is foreshadow", and then there's Evan's shocked face when she walks by. Maybe, maybe Garam Jahad.

The Wanna-be Red Comet The American Average's Avatar

Never heard of this one I'll have a look

It's not that great. The art sucks most of the time, but it is interesting enough from time to time.

The Wanna-be Red Comet The American Average's Avatar

Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    The art sucks most of the time
    Considering its a solo weekly full color work from the artist, I found the artwork pretty good from what we get usually in free webcomics. His artwork has improved a lot recently too from the random generic stuff at the start.

raws are out for chap 74 and
    Spoiler:
    seems like lahel betrayed baam

New chap out.

Spoiler:
    I.... I definitely didn't see that coming. Guess I'll just have to wait till next week and see what happens.

this is actually one of my favorite series right now... a bit slow at times but overall very enjoyable

And two weeks later, we have chapter 75 raws.
    http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...76&weekday=mon

Spoiler:
    Looks like Rachel--yes, Lahel is now officially wrong--survives covered in slime and tells everyone that Baam died saving her. But Baam made some kind of deal(?) with the guardian so they'd pass. Damn that bitch... but since no body was found, he's probably still alive and climbing the tower.
    3DS friend code: 1478-4380-6818
    NNID: Luxorcist

:/ I want plot progression, not flashbacks. Oh well.

So the irregular is Lahel and not Baam. Hmm....

Lahel is a fake irregular because she didn't open the door but came in anyway. And she's not special in any way, she's completely normal. Baam is super awesome because he opened the tower door (which I assume can't be opened by just anyone), and he seems to be loved by shinsoo (which pretty much means the tower loves him).

There's a rumor that Baam is the key to unlock the super secret floor that Zahard has been trying to get into for ages and no one has ever been into. I think the author said something about it in his notes and you can find info about it on the Tower of God wiki.
    Last edited by mcdreamy; December 23rd, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

I'm curious about that, too. Did she, like, piggyback on Baam's invite? Was it just coincidence that she was saying "I'm going to climb the tower" just as she somehow managed to sneak in like that? It just seems a bit far-fetched, but then we don't know anything about the selection process. Is it possible for someone to be selected as a regular and not know it? Headon certainly seemed prepared for Baam, so even if he's an irregular he's certainly not unexpected.

I didn't know there was a wiki. I'll take a look and see what it has to say...

Quote Originally Posted by prolix_purlieu View Post
    I'm curious about that, too. Did she, like, piggyback on Baam's invite? Was it just coincidence that she was saying "I'm going to climb the tower" just as she somehow managed to sneak in like that? It just seems a bit far-fetched, but then we don't know anything about the selection process. Is it possible for someone to be selected as a regular and not know it? Headon certainly seemed prepared for Baam, so even if he's an irregular he's certainly not unexpected.

I didn't know there was a wiki. I'll take a look and see what it has to say...
    Lahel reads a lot of books. She knows a lot of stories and as we saw last chap, she's kind of delusional. She wanted to get into the tower no matter what and just happened to get lucky cuz she met Baam. Without Baam, she never would have made it in.

That doesn't make her a regular though. We have a lot of questions about both her and Baam's origins completely unanswered. Where did they come from? Why did Lahel come down from the world above Baam's only to return upwards from time to time (and how did she do it when Baam couldn't? And why did she forbid Baam from going with her those times?), and why was there no shinsoo in Baam's original cave-world? Where the heck was he, and how did he get to be there, alone?

Anyway, I'm all for answering the questions, but I really want to see the next floor more than flashbacks. We've been on 2F for ages now, and there are 132 to go before Baam gets to open the next floor. Unless he skips some, I guess.

Double post :( but new chap is out:

http://www.mangareader.net/tower-of-god/77

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information