+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 647: "Stop Noah"

Default Re: Chapter 647: "Stop Noah"

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    Don't be so strict with Oda's accuracy in size scales. If u aren't happy with the size differences of the sea kings in Calm Belt and FI, just imagine they have grown a bit or those @ FI are their bigger brothers. Oda hasn't been accurate with sizes for a long time now, so don't count any inch in difference if u are used to it.
    Bottom line is: those sea kings are huuuuuuuuge. Period.
    Nowadays I just assume Oda makes certain characters appear so huge for the same reason many video games do it with end bosses and other important characters, just to make them stand out more and for dramatic effect and stuff. Still, it can be a bit distracting in a manga :D

Conis' father is alive? I thought he got obliterated after pushing her out of the way.
    The Real Fighters!

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by super "pet" robot View Post
    Conis' father is alive? I thought he got obliterated after pushing her out of the way.
    Reread the end of Skypeia, there's a funny scene explaining it.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

I think that not really pacing, but ordering was the problem. The Noah sidestory has been going on for a while in the background, and if it had been put together it would flow nicely. This did sem abrupt, but it has been building...

I'm disappointed Shirahoshi's power was that easily guided, as per prophecy. Now for the great change she was talking about, this is FI-arc part 2. No way this is over just yet, he SH's will face Caribou and find out more about Noah and FI

Great chapter. Those Seaking certainly get around.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

I'm really disappointed with this conclusion. I expected much more, some kind of twist or at least more suspense. I think the arc conclusion, probably with the Joyboy flashback (and maybe Jimbei joining), will be more interesting than this arc so far. I don't know if I expected too much, but I can say for sure that I'm not satisfied. Well, art and scenery in this arc was great.

To the chapter:

- Nice cover, as always
    - The Crew interaction is gold.
    - That's probably subjective, but I think Jimbei just looked like a strawhat on the spread
    - Monster Chopper... *applause* Oda is amazing, seriously. Monster Chopper was... a monster. He had a dangerous, irrational and brute vibe, but now all I can see is Chopper as Chopper and not as a monster.
    - I don't know why people are complaining about the sea kings speaking. They are not speaking in the humans language. They are speaking like all the other animals in OP world do. Chopper speaks with animals all the time and no one complain. A jamaican starfish speaks, sings, plays guitar and design t-shirts and no one complain. We can read what they are speaking because of the princess, that's all.
    Last edited by KaiPirinha; November 23rd, 2011 at 03:50 AM.

My take on it.

We get a bunch of pannels of how the NF pirates are lying defeated, than we get a bunch of pannels of people screaming oh the ship is still falling, than a bunch of pannels of people cheering on Luffy, than a short intersection where the mermaid stops Luffy because you know SH boy Sea Kings have arrived, and you were too busy smashing the ship to notice the giants of the sea but ok...
    What happens than? We get to see the report being delivered to the island and happy screams...

I mean, idk if it is just me, but the amount of information in this chapter, everything from the dialogue to things actually happening was terrible. And the entire feel, the entire suspense hype or whatever, that was even worse. The sentence of the Sea Kings where they say, if they haven't come the island would have been saved anyway, but the ship destroyed, is supposed to make us feel, that Luffy is really strong anyway...but instead it feels so god damn forced. Not to mention the bit where Luffy passes out. If that bit isn't explained I don't know what than... Because what on earth have I been reading for the past 640+ chapters. In this manga you are supposed to thing people are just about to die and they still somewhat gether the strentgh to do amazing feats. Yet here it felt like, ok Luffy has a small wound he is not exactly 100% but far from passing out as well...and than suddenly wam he is out.

Perhaps I am the only one who feels this way, but whatever this chapter was for me personally one of the worst chapters I remember reading and the only thing that consoltes me now is the fact that it can't get worse and that the story will now probably progress or even if that is not the case, that at least something will happen, let it be the knowledge of the joy boy or anything that basically get's us (me) back to that "wow interesting", state ...

Sorry but this chapter was really poo from where I stand. Not bad, but really really bad.
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Not to mention the bit where Luffy passes out. If that bit isn't explained I don't know what than... Because what on earth have I been reading for the past 640+ chapters. In this manga you are supposed to thing people will just about die and they still somewhat gether the strentgh to do amazing feats. Yet here it felt like, ok Luffy has a small wound he is not exactly 100% but far from passing out as well...and than suddenly wam he is out.
    This is what I hope, too. It was underwhelming, I agree.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Luffy will need blood...

Do you get it?

The fact that this was done for some greater purpose of the plot, doesn't justify it beeing done sloppy or better to say badly.
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by KaiPirinha View Post
    Luffy will need blood...

Do you get it?
    Of course he'll need a blood transfusion, the problem is the inconsistency regarding his shown durability.

This chapter was... awful! I usually save this word for other mangas and try to tone it down with OP, but fuck it, it was terrible.
    I don't care about it being anti-climatic, that's the kind of thing that doesn't bother me (I mean, damn, I loved how the Ant arc ended in Hunter x Hunter), my problem with this chapter was another thing. It was simply shameful.

The Sea King lines... embarassing. Seriously, those lines seem to be out of some cartoon for toddlers. "Oh, Princess! We came here because your wish to help was so strong we came to grant it!".
    The citizens behavior was always so unrealistic that it hurts! Seriously...

I was trying to not complain so much about this arc, but this week was something special. It made me roll my eyes so much I was afraid they wouldn't stop spinning ever.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; November 23rd, 2011 at 04:11 AM.

FC 0147-0584-2654 (ID: guigaccess)

NN wish list: Manshelly, Momonosuke

Beautiful chapter...aesthetically.

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    Also, Sea Kings take the place of dragons in this fantasy.
    Actually dragons are a confirmed part of the One Piece canon. In the story "Monsters" by Oda, Ryuma slays a dragon. The same Ryuma that will eventually, years after his death, become a zombie on Thriller Bark with Brook's shadow.

Also, the theory that Dragon, Luffy's dad, has a Mythical Zoan Dragon fruit is just to good to deny.

http://www.citymanga.com/wanted_oda_...apter-4/40-41/
    Last edited by city_lights31; November 23rd, 2011 at 04:08 AM.

read.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Of course he'll need a blood transfusion, the problem is the inconsistency regarding his shown durability.
    It's not the blood, as much the sea water. He's had to use a lot of his strength just to summon enough to beat Hody/Noah.

He isn't dead like the end of EL/TB, but he's probably fatigued.

And he's been bleeding for a while now...

Can Luffy get a blood transfusion? His blood is made of rubber isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Justice View Post
    It's not the blood, as much the sea water. He's had to use a lot of his strength just to summon enough to beat Hody/Noah.

He isn't dead like the end of EL/TB, but he's probably fatigued.

And he's been bleeding for a while now...

Can Luffy get a blood transfusion? His blood is made of rubber isn't it?
    The same Luffy that took tanked so much during his fights with Lucci, Oz/Moria, the whole ID/War arc, Crocodile and was shown to be ok after he nearly escaped drowning in Rain Base and several other locations?
    Face it, it doesn't add up unless we FINALLY get an explanation on how his new fighting style works in detail and how much it strains his body.

And his blood is rubber...seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    The same Luffy that took tanked so much during his fights with Lucci, Oz/Moria, the whole ID/War arc, Crocodile and was shown to be ok after he nearly escaped drowning in Rain Base and several other locations?
    Face it, it doesn't add up unless we FINALLY get an explanation on how his new fighting style works in detail and how much it strains his body.

And his blood is rubber...seriously?
    He's never fought underwater before... I'm pretty sure in the fight he's talked about how his strength has been sapped whenever he goes outside of it, it's not surprising it's tiring. Plus his Gigant Elephant Gatling probably takes a huge amount out of him.

Also:

Spoiler:

anti-climatic
    anti-climatic
    anti-climatic
    anti-climatic
    Could people please stop talking about the weather?
    I'm not normally this pedantic ok fine i always am but it's climactic. anti-climactic.
    you know, the climax-> climactic as opposed to the climate->climatic. Thanks for attending Juvar's little language&linguistics class.
    Last edited by Juvar; November 23rd, 2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: not talking to anyone specific, of course.... *lalala*

ahhhhhhhh im really confused... i thought lufy was supposed to destroy the island?! so whats gonna happen now... anyone got any plausible predictions? :P
    "This was a result of a quirk of fate... Hate your destinies, who set me upon your ship like an angel of death."

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa D. Zoro View Post
    ahhhhhhhh im really confused... i thought lufy was supposed to destroy the island?! so whats gonna happen now... anyone got any plausible predictions? :P
    Caribou puts some steriods in some meat and gives it to Luffy...insighting roid rage.

**shrugs**

read.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The punk sea kings sneak out of sea king class and smoke in the calm belt, and y'know hassle people who sail by.
    rofl. if they get a spot in the next AP torny they'd have my vote.
    I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information