+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 647: "Stop Noah"

Default Re: Chapter 647: "Stop Noah"

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    I say as well that a blood transfusion will be needed... not to make Luffy look weak but the story will need it... oda has to much focus on the whole bleeding out stuff

Question is... Who will be the one, who will give the blood

Shirahoshi
    Vdd
    Princes
    Neptun
    Someone else
    Should be Jinbe. That way, even if he doesn't end up joining (however that goes, I'm fine either way), he'd still be "a part of the crew"! XP

Loved the chapter mainly because the sea kings confirmed that Luffy could have destroyed noah had they not interfered, a point that made people sour in the spoilers was that Luffy wasn't even able to destroy Noah, and it seems the arc is finally over with two or more chapters to go, here is to hoping the next arc doesn't involve the straw hats at the reverie and that we'll finally be able to know what Kidd and Drake have been up to.

i want a chapter to be released everyday :( can't wait for another 10 years !

I'm wondering if we will be seeing those seakings again in the future? Why did Oda use the same kings as in a chapter wayy back before they entered grand line? I think sea kings = epic win :D

Ok'ish chapter,

highlight were obviously the Sea Kings. Everyone saw them coming, but it was still so sudden and out of nowhere.

Like...

next page....

BANG SEE KINGS!!!!

But whatever, interesting that they seem to be intelligent creatures with immense knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisoto View Post
    Should be Jinbe. That way, even if he doesn't end up joining (however that goes, I'm fine either way), he'd still be "a part of the crew"! XP
    Well, that would be interesting if Jinbe gave blood to Luffy, considering the Fisher Tiger thing.

EDIT: not saying that he needs it, though.

It's safe to say this arc will be over soon (about 1 or 2 more chapters) unless it pulls a 'Thiller Bark'..
    Next week the meteor destroys everything.
    7 years later a boy staring at the sea.
    Konohamaru's adventure begins.

Franky's line in that chapter was funny "Chopper shrink down some you're making my Robot look like nothing." lol I got a laugh out of that

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Silly theory just occurred to me. If Shiriley's prediction is "visually true", I'm guessing that Luffy will land, stand up amongst the crowd. Above, inside Noah, Hody awakes, goes into a drug induced super freakout moment and destroys the rest of Noah from inside. This would give us the scene of Luffy stand amongst fallen debris that Shirley saw.

Time for that insatiable One Piece thirst to come back again. It's been about ten chapters since I've had it. Other more elite people may have had it absent for much longer. But seriously, the post-climax stuff is always some of the most interesting to me in One Piece, plus we get some bonus stuff at the end in this arc like Noah explanation, something about the Tametabako (is that thing ever coming back?), Joy Boy, etc. I truly do not know what's going to happen now, which is much better than the last ten or so chapters.

"There's nothing I hate more, than all these plastic people
    With all their plastic promises, and all their plastic deals
    They just can't be themselves, and live their own lives out
    They're just an imitation of what life's all about" - Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    Actually, thats is quite accurate for the blackbeard pirates, they are all about that size. But, i understand what you mean, especially when i see this one: http://www.mangareader.net/103-17408...apter-550.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    Now that I see these two size comparison pictures... I could swear Mihawk wasn't that big, especially - compare him to the Marine in front of him. And then Kuma to the other Marines to the side. That's insane.
    Same with the Blackbeard Pirates; their size among themselves makes sense - but not compared to the guy standing in front of them. No way Blackbeard is 3x as tall as a grown man, he's double Luffy's size. Oh god I have never realised how extreme Oda's size issues actually are - no pun intended.
    Juvar, Blackbeard is not 3x that guy in that picture. He's like 2x, so it is ok, because Blackbeard is 3.44m tall.
    And for the shichibukai picture, that panel is in perspective so that all of them can fit in there without having some chibibukai, and also to look cool. That's why Hancock(1.91m) looks taller than Mihawk(1.98m), because she's closer. Those 3 marines that look small are in front of Doflamingo (3.05m), Moriah (6.92m) and Kuma (6.89m), and you can see how they(marines) get smaller the farther they are. Also we don't know how tall each of those guys are, so we can't use them as an exact distance unit, but they are a good reference.
    By the way, Blackbeard (3.44m) > Doflamingo (3.05m) > Jimbe (3.01m). :O

Sea Kings got cooler in my book after reading those dialogues with Shira.
    Last edited by Arkman; November 23rd, 2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Just noted Blackbeard > Jimbe :O

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    Time for that insatiable One Piece thirst to come back again. It's been about ten chapters since I've had it. Other more elite people may have had it absent for much longer. But seriously, the post-climax stuff is always some of the most interesting to me in One Piece, plus we get some bonus stuff at the end in this arc like Noah explanation, something about the Tametabako (is that thing ever coming back?), Joy Boy, etc. I truly do not know what's going to happen now, which is much better than the last ten or so chapters.
    I agree. The Post-arc exposition is always the most interesting, personally I think this has been a good arc and a lot of the complaints are way too exaggerated(not surprising this is the internet), but I hope we learn more about Joyboy, the seakings, learn the deal with the prophecies, finally see Fishman Dojo and Caribou is taken care of.

Oh and I've really liked the art of all the chapters since the Noah started showing up. The scope is dealt with very well.

Seems like several people are still waiting for the fulfillment of Shirley's prophecy. Somebody mentioned it a couple of weeks ago and I agree that the prophecy has already been fulfilled by Luffy attacking the Noah.
    All that Shirley has seen was a shadowy Luffy destroying something in a giant bubble. Which obviously made her think of Fishman Island because what else could it be? Of course then the gigantic Noah got a bubble of its own.

This is the prophecy again for reference:

Spoiler:
    In the top left panel you could even make out Luffy's giant Elephant Gatling fists. If you squint a little. Maybe.

Spoiler:

is it just me or did Luffy pass out after fighting.... again? Didn't he go train for two years?

Is it because he was strained and confined to a bubble that he worked himself out to much?

Is it because Oda likes to have Luffy pass out after defeating every single foe?

Or maybe it's because he still uses the techs he made from 2 years ago that shorten his life span, plus fusing them with haki has to have some effect?

And while all of those may be valid points, I'd just like to see Luffy fight some one with on a fair playing field and see if he can come out of it with out passing out.
    But, I guess some argue that if he doesn't pass out, he doesn't give his all which I don't think is true, but that's my opinion.

And speaking of techs he's created. I wanna know more about "red hawk" ((I think it's called)).

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    This chapter makes the lord of the coast seem like a colossal dick.

For that matter why do these sort of nice creatures keep wrecking shit in the calm belt.
    Yeah this is the first time they aren't used as either something scary, or fodder to show off someone's strength. Kinda inconsistent unless these are special ones that Shirahoshi reached out to (like, "elders") or she tamed them with her powers+emotions or something along those lines.

Btw what happens now to Noah. Will they drop it somewhere? What if they let go, does it float?
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

Many people feel Luffy should have been able to endure more than that visually tiny wound Hody gave him. Myself, I can't really remember when he got it - just that Shirahoshi kept freaking out about him being wounded a few times. While I know what it will likely be used for (blood transfusion and the symbolic meaning of humans and fishmen being BFFs), I agree it feels very weak.

Then I think back on a few things. For one, Hody likely popped more pills than I dare say the NFP officers combined. Second, obviously he was surrounded by sea water all the time, and I am pretty sure his wound was subjected to sea water at least once. So, while he may have anti-bodies against poison, I imagine yucky sea water would be a thousand times more intense than a similar wound in the open air. (As a kid, I once fainted because I cut myself and splashed it off with water. That stuff kicked in 5 minutes after the fact!)

Then combine the fact that any other Strawhat being infused with fishmen blood wouldn't have the same impact as the future Pirate King receiving it. And add the fact that Zoro is in pristine condition, and Luffy's the one in near death... it's Thriller Bark reversed in that sense. I wonder if in the New World, Luffy always being wounded or disadvantaged will be the new gag...

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

is it just me or did Luffy pass out after fighting.... again? Didn't he go train for two years?

Is it because he was strained and confined to a bubble that he worked himself out to much?

Is it because Oda likes to have Luffy pass out after defeating every single foe?
    He was heavily strained and suffered a massive amount of blood loss.

Oda does like to have Luffy pass out after he defeats the opponent.

But the real reason is as simple as - Luffy HIMSELF "likes to pass out after he defeats the opponent". Look at the Kuro arc. He was bouncing around just fine, not even sweating or breathing hard as I recall, then once Kuro is defeated, the threat nullified... he falls over. He just lets himself relax and his body give in to its injuries once he has done what he needs to do. You can visibly see him relax and let himself go once he sees that Noah has been stopped. It's nothing more than classic Luffy behavior.

Let's say Luffy can take 100 damage, but already at 30 is it enough to make him go unconscious if he has no reason to remain conscious (because 30 damage to someone with Luffy's freak endurance is a LOT of injury). Does that help illustrate the point?

I wonder how long it will take for Luffy's wound to heal up...I mean is how much longer will he have this handicap..is he gonna bleed every-time he puts a little more effort into fights now?

I fail to see what so tiny about the bite hody gave luffy plus all the bleeding that was happening since he got bitten .
    What most likely mess him up was his last attack doing it so many times causing him to bleed more while make the wound worst .
    Last edited by andy; November 23rd, 2011 at 08:59 AM.

Default Re: Chapter 467: "Stop Noah"

Quote Originally Posted by Chocula View Post
    You can boil everything down to make it sound bad. The climax of the LOTR was a piece of metal falling into lava.

I for one never expected this to be a big arc with hard and long fights. It has always been a preperation for what's in store once the Strawhats finally reach the New World. The real adventure starts once they reach the surface again and I can't wait for that.
    This. People should get over themselves and take this arc/ending for what it was. In my opinion it was great! Canīt say I didnīt think at times that itīs a bit "boring" or "not Oda-like", but it really worked out actually...

This chapter makes the lord of the coast seem like a colossal dick.
    For that matter why do these sort of nice creatures keep wrecking shit in the calm belt.
    Knowingly eating sentient beings for fun just makes them colossal dicks.
    Thought about that as well after seeing them talk with Shirahoshi, but I guess itīs not all that weird. People still are able to kill themselves to protect their territory, and then go home and care for their progeny or friends etc.
    And who knows, perhaps theyīre guarding something humans shouldnīt see? Or they have to make the humanīs progress in the New World slower? Weīll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    Of course he'll need a blood transfusion, the problem is the inconsistency regarding his shown durability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    Luffy passing out is not really a problem if you think about it. It's not that he was anywhere close to his limit. I bet he could've gone on for way longer. We've seen him bash Crocodile through a dozen layers of bedrock and uproot a city block with stone-melting poison coarsing through his veins and a hole in the stomach, you think this is all he can do? No. This is important: he LET himself pass out. The island was saved, so he let himself go. This has happened a whole bunch of times before (with Zoro too). He only pushes himself until he is confident he has done what he needs to do. Blood poaring out through an open(ed & further stretched out) wound for what, maybe half a minute, is definitely bad enough to make him pass out if he lets himself do so. Hody's attack in itself was not even a big deal, it was the usage of G3 that exacerbated it.

What will annoy me a little bit is the obviously up-and-coming blood transfusion, because despite the above, I'm pretty sure he must have lost more blood before. But we should just take it as Oda wanting to make a point in the story and not being too pedantic, not intending in any way to make Luffy look weak. And this is still way more beliveable than that-which-shall-not-be-mentioned, so yeah.
    This is a nice explanation, I like it :D
    But yeah, I hope the blood transfusion thingy will be averted with one of his crewmates transfusing blood (Brook xDD)! But even if it turns out that way, oh well, why not? Itīs not like the story would be forever ruined!

As I said, this arc most certainly wasnīt what anyone expected, but that doesnīt make it bad. Itīs special in itīs own way :D

Good chapter seeing the communication between the crew...

However, are Luffy's wounds from being attacked....or from injuries before?

To me, it really highlights that Luffy still has a long way to go in terms of strength...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information