Closed Thread
Page 100 of 501 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 10016

Thread: Hunter x Hunter II

Default Re: Hunter x Hunter II: Scribbled art and farewells?

That Pariston ending is just amazing.

I especially like Pariston playing the Tamburine behind Cheadle.. haha

Depraved Prince of AP Monkey King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Wasn't there something posted in the TOC recently that said Togashi got injection in the arm a couple weeks back?

Now I've had a bad reaction to needles in my arm before and believe me everything becomes puffy, squiggly and anti-climactic.
    thats what she said

The way this alleged ex area 51 employee describes what aliens actually are, reminds me of the chimera ants and this other dimension-impossible-to-get-to secret place Togashi is setting us up for

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

Isn't that kinda off topic?

That ending is awesome. Is it fan made or official?
    Last edited by JarmenKell; March 12th, 2012 at 01:27 AM.

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Well, it looks fan made to me. And yeah it was awesome, I hate the song but all the rest was awesomely done.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

Do you people even watch the anime? xD It's and edited version of the first Opening.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Someone who speaks Japanese could please confirm what is the correct translation of the first page of Chapter 339?

Specially the last 2 bullets. The versions of kewl0210 and Takumi are quite different:
    kewl0210's:
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/88768/h...39_by_utopia/2

Takumi's:
    http://www.mangareader.net/hunter-x-hunter/339

Japanese:
    http://mangahead.com/index.php/Manga-Raw-Scan/Hunter-x-Hunter/Hunter-x-Hunter-339-Raw-Scan/01.jpg?action=big

"So if your path in the future is the same a mine, enjoy your journey as much as you can." or "But if the path of your future journey intersects with me, enjoy getting sidetracked a lot."

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    A lot of people tend to point out the shitty art quility or moreso the detail,
    Hahahahahaha, oh christ no.

but if the plot or script is fine then why care.
    Because manga is a visual medium. If you can't draw or keep up the quality of your art on a consistent basis, then write a novel.

I guess I've always seen it like this. As long as I have the gist of things then my imagination fills out the blanks.
    Again, you can read a novel for this.

I don't need pure clarity when looking at a picture as I've always had the scenario running through my mind as if I'm watching a film or living the experience myself. That said I do enjoy a good piece of cover art just to appreciate the exact dimensions or each character in the series.
    Okay, seriously, just read a damn novel already.

When I read a manga I am interested in story more than art in a like 60 to 40 ratio. I can forgive a story for mediocre art if it has a good story far more than great art and shitty story (i.e. Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Fairy Tail, Air Gear etc.). You might think it something trivial but for me personally when the art is really lousy and unintelligible it kinda kills how much I am invested in the story. Manga is a way to tell story through art so it's important to be able to properly convey that story as clearly and passionately as you can. Art isn't just about looking pretty, it's an opportunity to tell your stories in stylistic ways, inject passion and energy into your craft, use creative art techniques like panelling or the way you draw the angles of scenes to tie into your story and help tell it in a better way (the best example of this that comes to mind is in Watchmen which had a very unique use of panels that gave the author better control of the story).

So yeah, art is important. Not end all but pretty damn important. You can not value it as much, that's your perogative but don't act like we're fussing over a minor issue because it's not.
    Last edited by TLC; March 12th, 2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: With that said, the thing we get in Hunter half the time is not art, it's scribbles on a napkin.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Any manga that relies on the anime to fix it is doing something wrong.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

I'm sorry. but when you can't even be arsed to cut out the ziptone properly... it's distracting and detracts from the experience.

It just creates a very blarg experience, like the creator couldn't even be bothered to fi

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

I think the problem is that a novel at least lets you build up your own world with your own details. While a sketchy Hunter x Hunter just... I dunno. It makes you feel like "that's it?".

Hope for it to be fixed for the volumes.
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    As for your point which could have been summed up in in less than ten words:
    Which is what I'm sure you'll do.

I tend to read a lot and have the hxh anime to work on to not need the artwork to be in pop up form to get the gist of things, or fill in the blanks from scene to scene.
    What?

And as Robby said, if you have to watch the anime for that, then there's something wrong.

The point is we all know what's going on in the chapters. A few more detailed strands of hair or background scenery won't remove that.
    Have you even read the last few chapters?

I guess my argument....if you want to put a pin in it, is that the dialogue matters more than the artwork itself, hence why I can forgive its the formers quality. Do you have trouble understanding it?
    I understand that writing is, in general, more important than art, but that doesn't give Togashi the excuse to pass off a bunch of crappy scribbles when he's working in a highly visual medium.

Or is it a matter of principle that the artwork must be on par with the dialogue?
    Neither has to necessarily be on par with the other. But ideally they should both be great.

If so why do you even read it.
    Because Togashi is capable of producing good art and I'm still invested in the story. If he had always put this quality art out from beginning to end, I probably wouldn't have read it.

Why read week after week something you hate just to make some predictable comment?
    Whoa! Hey! Slow down there Tex! I never said I hated this manga. In fact, I quite like it.

Sure, there are a few things I hate about it, but on the whole, I think it's one of the best series in Jump.

We can all agree that's it's nice to have art to see and appreciate, but it's actual impact on the manga itself is dwarfed by the importance of the plot and dialogue that follow.
    No, not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    I think the problem is that a novel at least lets you build up your own world with your own details. While a sketchy Hunter x Hunter just... I dunno. It makes you feel like "that's it?".

Hope for it to be fixed for the volumes.
    Yeah. I mean, okay if he's sick or whatever and he's going to fix it later (not that it ever stopped Oda) but the fact that he's willing to let THAT go out in the first place is qu

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I'm sorry. but when you can't even be arsed to cut out the ziptone properly... it's distracting and detracts from the experience.

http://i1000.mangareader.net/hunter-...er-3091257.jpg

It just creates a very blarg experience, like the creator couldn't even be bothered to fi

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Yeah. I mean, okay if he's sick or whatever and he's going to fix it later (not that it ever stopped Oda) but the fact that he's willing to let THAT go out in the first place is qu
    Why are you doing the whole candle jack thing? It's really confu

Quote Originally Posted by Pookiez View Post
    Why are you doing the whole candle jack thing? It's really confu
    If togashi can't be bothered to finish his chapters, I don't see why I should put my full ene

I guess we just need to use our imaginations to fi

The anime staff can just

You guys should check out this english trailer it's pretty awesome.

Closed Thread

Thread Information