Closed Thread
Page 101 of 501 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 10016

Thread: Hunter x Hunter II

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Default Re: Hunter x Hunter II: Scribbled art and farewells?

I don't think any of us can have the luxury that Togashi has comma to not put our full energy into our sentences or work dot
    Cause if we don't comma nobody would make the effort to read us exclamation point
    empty space
    Truth be told comma we are continuing to read Togashi's work in spite of these defaults dot comma which suggests to me that he can continue to do so dot
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

4th Dimensional Explorer cbajd5's Avatar

That trailer is pretty neat. NOW SOMEONE DUB THIS AND PUT IT ON A MAJOR US TELEVISION STATION. WITH ONE PIECE I GUESS.

And in this whole debate about the terrible art you have to remember Togashi does this without any assistants most of the time besides his wife sometimes, maybe, while most of the others have a decent amount. He also has those two voices in his head that are out to kill each other over art and plot or something.

Don't quote me on this.

AND REMEMBER THE CHILDREN.

Also this:
    Last edited by cbajd5; March 12th, 2012 at 03:46 PM.

Every series gets corrections done for their volume releases that's right including one piece
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by GEPPETTOSMONSTER View Post
    Every series gets corrections done for their volume releases that's right including one piece
    Correcting a major error liek Crocodile having two hands or Zoro's scar being on the wrong eye, sure. But most series don't have to completely redraw multiple chapters from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    It was a silly theory. Read: No retort necessary.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

You know. I'd think that if I was working by myself and was sick requently and my art started to suffer for it I would hire assistants. I can't fathom why he'd want to let people see how shoddy his work can get. I would be very embarassed to have my crappiest art publish for all to see.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

is Stolen

TELL me there's something else we can talk about besides scribbly art, the series "ending," or how lazy Togashi is, how he needs assistants, etc.
    This was the sort of thing that got the thread closed last time, while the series was on hiatus, because of just how tiresome it was.
    Nothing has changed: Hunter X Hunter is exactly as it always was. Some chapters look amazing, some chapters look like crap. Togashi pulls the unexpected with climaxes and anticlimaxes everywhere.
    Yet there's more whining in this thread than over in the Fairy Tail one.
    Folks are so tsundere over this manga: it's just a bit much.

I'm not sure what it is about Hunter X Hunter (though I'm sure that the hiatuses play a part) that keeps the discussion so circular that people feel there isn't much else to speak about with each new chapter,
    But we had the goal of a group of Kaito's apprentices and friends achieved, finally. We received a better meeting between Gon and Ging, and saw Kurapica for the first time in hundreds of chapters.
    The Chimera ant arc is resolved, at last, and now can be judged in its entirety. As is the short election arc: how does everybody feel about it now, having seen Gon's second run-in with Ging? How do folks feel about Pariston?
    The implication that Chimera Ants are coming from outside the known world? Are there other hints in the manga that there's a world out there way bigger than this one?

That shit has got to be more interesting than talking about scribbles for the umpteenth time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

^^Sure lets talk about Jairo

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    That shit has got to be more interesting than talking about scribbles for the umpteenth time.
    Other stuff DOES get discussed.

But.

As long as the heavy and likely possibility (based on precedent) of it ending or randomly hiatusing looms in the air, its harder to get invested or anticipatory about... anything. Especially when there's a heavy note of finality to the last several chapters, the art went really bad again, and no true indication of where exactly its going next, what there is to speculate on. The most pressing topic *is* "are we going to get more?" The next chapter should, as the designated trade ending chapter, the start of the next arc, and his usual hiatus spot, end the discussion on all those fronts for some time to come.

We should have some spoiler indication about that tomorrow night and then it can hopefully be dropped for a few years.

If the art hadn't suddenly dropped to scribbles again for several weeks the worry level probably wouldn't be anywhere near as high.

This was the sort of thing that got the thread closed last time, while the series was on hiatus, because of just how tiresome it was.
    Actually, it was closed for going insanely off-topic, ala the Naruto thread... and with no new material in sight for at least a year to fix it. Now, ending, haitus, or continuing, there is at least the anime to discuss for the next three years... though there's not a whole lot to say about that.
    Last edited by Robby; March 12th, 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    TELL me there's something else we can talk about besides scribbly art, the series "ending," or how lazy Togashi is, how he needs assistants, etc.
    Nothing has changed: Hunter X Hunter is exactly as it always was. Some chapters look amazing, some chapters look like crap. Togashi pulls the unexpected with climaxes and anticlimaxes everywhere.
    Yet there's more whining in this thread than over in the Fairy Tail one.
    Folks are so tsundere over this manga: it's just a bit much.

I'm not sure what it is about Hunter X Hunter (though I'm sure that the hiatuses play a part) that keeps the discussion so circular that people feel there isn't much else to speak about with each new chapter,
    But we had the goal of a group of Kaito's apprentices and friends achieved, finally. We received a better meeting between Gon and Ging, and saw Kurapica for the first time in hundreds of chapters.
    The Chimera ant arc is resolved, at last, and now can be judged in its entirety. As is the short election arc: how does everybody feel about it now, having seen Gon's second run-in with Ging? How do folks feel about Pariston?
    The implication that Chimera Ants are coming from outside the known world? Are there other hints in the manga that there's a world out there way bigger than this one?

People did discuss those things though for a while. But then it dies down till a couple days after and the thread goes back to lazy art lol. Then the next chapter comes out.

For me this manga has a really odd vibe right now. It sorta felt like it was dwindling. But I think that's because the last chapter wasn't terribly interesting to me in the way he did some wrapping up. There was basically no dialog and I didn't know what to make of Kurapika except he looks weird in a suit. And nothing to really make me feel like the next chapter will be notable. I hope it is, but honestly if the series only just focuses on Gon without at least one of the other 3 with him then I'm not going to be totally interested. If it doesn't look like at least a character we are familiar with accompanies him, I don't feel like I can enjoy it as much. Gon doesn't really strike me as a character that can hold this series by himself. But there's a very small number of side characters I like, and without Killua I feel like we've lost an important part of Gon's character development.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Is the note of finality geared at the series or the ant arc though? Im not disagreeing

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    Is the note of finality geared at the series or the ant arc though? Im not disagreeing
    We'll get a hint tomorrow night and a solid answer Wednesday morning.

In the interest of trying to spark some new conversation I'll just give my thoughts about Pariston. I think he was a fantastic antagonist for this Election arc and probably one of the best "villains" in the series so far, and considering we had just came off of Meruem who was probably one of the single best villains I've read in my experiences in shonen manga, that's saying quite a bit.

Frankly, I really like a villain that freely admits that things don't always go according to plan and are still rather content if they lose. It's part of the reason why I like Blackbeard from One Piece so much. It's especially notable in Pariston's case since he intentionally makes things harder on himself in order to make things more interesting (not entirely unlike Ging) because even if he loses Pariston still has considerable political sway as the former Vice-Chairman and a Zodiac member and he has a ton of now-hatched Chimera Ant eggs for his own personal use. That, and he really doesn't care about the Chairman position in the first place since he was really in it just to troll everyone.

Speaking of, I rather liked that revelation that Pariston was only in it to piss off as many people on a global scale as possible. It really makes him an interesting character to go to such extreme lengths for his own fun, which is perhaps why Pariston and Ging's thoughts and actions tended to have the most effect on the election (directly and indirectly) since they essentially have a similar line of thought of wanting to make things more interesting. It makes Pariston seem less of a "corrupt politician" type of villain as much as it makes him a bored laid back guy with too much power on his hands.

If there's one thing that irks me a bit about the revelation it's that introducing the idea that Pariston had ascertained the Chimera Ant eggs from the Meat Garden seemed to make him more evil than he really turned out to be. Maybe it's just me, but bringing up the fact that he has an army of ludicriously powerful Ants at his disposal seemed to try to pin him as a more traditional villain as opposed to just a morally ambigious troll. Though knowing the nature of Hunter X Hunter Pariston having possession of these Ants will likely play an important role waaaaaaaaay later in the series and is just brought up earlier so readers at least know he has them.

Personally I wouldn't mind if it took four times as long i.e. Togashi switches to a monthly format. What bothers me about the art is less the crappy quality (which still bugs the hell out of me) but more the feeling that the author doesn't give a crap be it the fact that he thinks these scribbles are adequate for a professional magazine or the constant hiatuses. If he switches to a biweekly or a monthly, it'd be far more professional, he can turn out better art and at a slower pace.

Look at Miura and his constant Berserk hiatuses, we don't complain about that because the art is gorgeous and we know that he's constantly working (the fact that we get those random few month hiatuses is because we know he's suited for a monthly format not a biweekly and there needs to be some time till he can build up the new batch of chapters). A bit too much imo, he should really take more breaks.

No one is asking for Togashi to kill himself if he really can't handle it, we're just asking him to care.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Honestly, something else ? Okay, I did like the Twelve Zodiac, but if they got introduced only to argue and be the voting comission, then I feel we got the short end of the stick.

So there.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post

No one is asking for Togashi to kill himself if he really can't handle it, we're just asking him to care.
    At the very least he still cares enough to coney some sort of narrative beyond "Dis is cool ! And look at dis twist, I didn't bother to read back to see if it's actualy possible, but it's so AWESOME XD" like a certain other mangaka we know.

Is there some sort of bug going in japan or something. Negima ending and now HxH recent chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Just out of curiosity then, would you all prefer the art to be twice as good if it meant the chapters took twice as long to be released?
    Absolutely.

Hunter should be a monthly if the presentation is going to be so bad so often, followed by constant worry of hiatus. If he'd been just doing one chapter a month for the last seven years he'd still have done 84 chapters... which is still more than he actually did as a weekly with all the hiatuses! (nevermind that monthly chapters are 10-15 pages longer!)

No one complained about FMA being a monthly, or Berserk's breaks, or any of the regular Jump authors taking off a week here or there, or Negima only having 3 chapters every four issues. Because the quality stays consistent and you can tell the effort is there.

We do complain about Claymore being a monthly, but thats because its pacing has gone to utter crap for the last three years.

And even in a monthly magazine you don't have to be much longer than a weekly series. The New Prince of Tennis keeps it's art consistent but puts out two 'mini' chapters in an issue of Jump Square, usually totaling 21-24 (on occasion it's longer). It works, and I'd rather Togashi do that.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn

Hahaha, whoever wrote that blurb about the four main characters lifted it from some text on Hunterpedia. Smh

As far as this whole debate on the art goes, aren't we getting a little too holier-than-thou? I mean, we're complaining about chapters we don't even pay for. If you buy WSJ just for Hunter x Hunter, then I'd understand. But I'm 100% sure that 99% of you don't buy WSJ to begin with and the art is fixed up for the volumes--significantly so. Just buy those if you want to read HxH as it was intended to be read. Seeing everyone complain about the art from week to week is getting sort of irritating--we've all heard it before (numerous times).

Anyways. The anime adapts chapter 41 on this upcoming Sunday. I really hope that Madhouse does this scene justice (though the entire chapter is phenomenal):

Last edited by Mr. Toto; March 13th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

I'll be pissed if they don't do the swollen eye bit with Gotoh justice in the latest chapters.

Of course, to stop and fix the chapters he's already done, he's going to have to take a break from the current releases so he can work on doing the old ones over.

Closed Thread

Thread Information