Closed Thread
Page 128 of 501 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 178 228 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 10016

Thread: Hunter x Hunter II

Default Re: Hunter x Hunter (still on Hiatus)

I don't really think it's that big of a deal whether Togashi had planned or not planned the Chimera Ant story. He's got enough elements and plot threads layered throughout the series that he can build the Hunter world for years. The only problem is whether he will stick the landing. The way I view Hunter X Hunter is it's Togashi's manifesto of how to write a shonen series, he takes tropes that have become cookie-cutter standards of the genre and then pushes these elements into a more smarter and sometimes painfully real direction. Maybe I just revel in this form of shonen deconstruction, but a part of me likes the idea of Togashi looking at the mass "new world" hysteria that has consumed Jump and thinking "sure why not". My only criticism with the whole dark continent angle is that by opening the world up this dramatically the overarching stories that have been building up for the past billion years may not have that same punch to them depending on whether the Hunter world is actually existing on a microcosm of the real world.

The Phantom Troupe's seiyuu for Madhouse's version were revealed today:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2012-06-09/new-hunter-x-hunter-anime-phantom-troupe-cast-revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toto View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anime News Network
    "(voiceover for Antonio Banderas) in " The Legend of Zorro" (live-action movie) (Japanese)"

16 characters of SOLD!

I thought people know Otsuka Akio from his voicing of Solid Snake and Marshall D Teach, not some live action voiceover.

Mamoru Miyano as Chrollo Lucilfer - Kiba from Wolf's Rain, mite b cool
    Romi Park
    as Pakunoda - she's Hitsugaya and Komatsu, I thought Pakunoda had kinda deep voice for a woman
    Hidenobu Kiuchi as Franklin - Nero from OP, I totally wouldn't match the 2 characters together based on their voice but who knows
    Kenn as Phinks - Takimaru from Toriko, I dunno he's got a soft voice..kinda, dunno how it'll turn out
    Akio Ohtsuka as Uvogin - Blackbeard, good choice
    Kappei Yamaguchi as Feitan - Haha Usopp with a cold psychopatic voice? I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    I thought people know Otsuka Akio from his voicing of Solid Snake and Marshall D Teach, not some live action voiceover.
    Whoa, Snake?! Snake! Snaaaaaaaaake!

~My Harem, S-Rank~

I'm very iffy on Chrollo Lucifer's VA.

Okabe from Steins;Gate? Kida for Durarara and Takuto from Star Driver? I'll be very interested in where he goes with this.

Be interested with how Yamaguchi will do Feitans voice.

Romi Park seems an odd choice, I've always imagined Pakunoda with more of a mature voice...not Edward Elric.

Very interesting VA choices
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm worrying about the pacing of this anime. Yorkshin arc starts soon, that leaves all of yorkshin, GI, and CA (admittedly a long ass arc) to animate before catching up to where the manga is. Even if Togashi does a 30 chapter run every year I don't think he'll finish enough arcs to keep a good padding lead for the manga from where the anime is

is Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm worrying about the pacing of this anime. Yorkshin arc starts soon, that leaves all of yorkshin, GI, and CA (admittedly a long ass arc) to animate before catching up to where the manga is. Even if Togashi does a 30 chapter run every year I don't think he'll finish enough arcs to keep a good padding lead for the manga from where the anime is
    We're up to chapter 60 of 340 with episode 35. At the pacing we're going at right now, we're talking nearly 200 episodes before we're all caught up.

There is quite a ways to go yet! Plus,

It's not like there's anything stopping them from having the anime take seasons off or using filler.
    And the anime could easily end at the place where the manga has stopped for now if it was necessary.
    At any rate, there's a LOT of material left to get through first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Hunter X Hunter does have a lot of good chances for anime filler. But I suppose we'll worry about that when we need to cross that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by projectelf View Post

Kappei Yamaguchi as Feitan - Haha Usopp with a cold psychopatic voice? I'm interested

If I'm right he is also Bartholomew Kuma.

It dawned at me recently - if Pitou would've also managed to give his cells to the King, then he probably would've negated the poison in himself with the preserving and repairing ability. And possibly repaired any damage from age, thus staying forever healthy. Add here Yupi's power and Pufu's spiritual message and picture gets chilling. He was planned as a perfect being, without a doubt. What a fiend he was.
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

Quote Originally Posted by Mortea View Post
    If I'm right he is also Bartholomew Kuma.

It dawned at me recently - if Pitou would've also managed to give his cells to the King, then he probably would've negated the poison in himself with the preserving and repairing ability. And possibly repaired any damage from age, thus staying forever healthy. Add here Yupi's power and Pufu's spiritual message and picture gets chilling. He was planned as a perfect being, without a doubt. What a fiend he was.
    ...sounds like a question for Togashi.

It's pitou's fault for pissing Gon off.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

He was the Cell of HxH =D

So was there no HxH episode this week or have I just not been looking hard enough?

The wikipedia episode guide is starting to lag behind so I can't trust it completely..

I read somewhere there was a break because soccer(EURO 2012) took over its time slot, dunno how accurate that is.

Which of course leaves the question, why the king didn't devour his guards right away (as he was completely unscrupolous anyways at that time).

Summit of Evolution maxterdexter's Avatar

He didn't knew that he would gain their skills?

Also the King lazed around for a good while, why kill off the help? lol.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    He didn't knew that he would gain their skills?
    Well he did gain youpi's abilities.
    If shapeshifting is considered as use of nen that is.
    eaf4e9

Closed Thread

Thread Information