Closed Thread
Page 153 of 501 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 10016

Thread: Hunter x Hunter II

Default Re: Hunter x Hunter II (still on Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    I'm aware... I just wanted to try to spice up my boring post. Jokes aren't always amazingly logical.
    I was being coy off of your joke, not correcting you.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Why does that ending fit the Yorkshin arc so much ?
    eaf4e9

Discovered Stowaway

I also am quite excited for the next episode

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix_fire View Post
    Not even after the last arc? I never really understood, why togashi got so few criticism for that. For me, it was naruto/bleach/(insert any series you hate) bad.

So, our main character has to face a foe he cant beat under any circumstances, so lets just use the "potential of his future" as some very stupid powerup. But hey, its not THAT easy, because its just onetime usable, willl seal his Nen and cripple or even kill him afterwards. But no problem, because luckily we have this special girl, who can heal him with no aftereffects whatsoever. Though this is Hxh and we value quality storytelling so there are some very, very complicated and probably very deadly rules to obey for healing him and it can mean, that a lot of people, including gon himself, will be killed. So now focus this arc on this complex and intricate issue and.... Aw hell, just forget it, lets just say killua can use this healing power without obeying these laws, thereby not only rendering the whole arc(or sub-arc) moot, but also making the god-like powerup from the previous arc extremely cheap and without any downsides.

I'm 100% convinced that togashi wrote himself into a corner there and couldnt figure any way out. (you can even count the whole illumi business in there, because it was not really satisfyingly resolved and made the death of the butler guy totally pointless)
    I think that Gon's transformation was extremely well written and in line with the character. How about I do a recap and, perhaps, put things into perspective?

You know how Nen is strengthened by creating self-imposed conditions and taking vows, correct? It's why Kurapika's "Chain Jail" ability is so powerful--he will only use it on the Phantom Troupe and his own life is the toll for breaking said condition. I should mention that Nen is also strengthened by emotional pull.

Now a few things happened to Gon during the Chimera Ant arc. After losing to Knuckle (and thereby losing the right to enter NGL), he was forced to enter a state of Zetsu for a month. Readers have known since the Hunter Exam arc that Gon's greatest source of frustration is when he's forced to confront his own weakness, as he is extremely prideful and confident. During the Greed Island arc, Gon forsakes an easy victory against Genthru because he wants to prove to himself that he's strong--willingly sacrificing his own body just to get in a good hit. I digress, but for the sake of the argument.

After losing to Knuckle, Gon is shown his own weakness again. He sheds tears for the same reason he did after losing to Hisoka. Gon saw himself as strong enough to stand on his own, but is bluntly shown a reality he obviously can't stand. Gon isn't strong enough to rescue Kite--whom he sees as an older brother.

Nearing the end of his auraless month, Gon reunites with Kite...in a surprising manner. Even though Killua already had come to the conclusion that Kite had died, Gon held on because it's in his nature to be optimistic. He's still very much a child. This encounter changes him greatly for the rest of the arc.

The next chapter, Morel makes mention of how Gon has been compressing his anger in order to unleash it upon his enemy. Gon's learned a new technique: by forcefully entering Zetsu prior to attacking, his power explodes when he finally decides to attack.

Fast forward to the day of the national rally in East Gorteau. A quick digression. The Extermination Team still cannot figure out the reason as to why Neferpitou dispelled his En the day Knov broke into the East Gorteau Palace. They deduce that the King must've been injured by himself, but can't think of a reason as to why he would. Gon's answer is a bit surprising: "When...you can't forgive yourself."

Time's up. As the Extermination Team prepares to sprint, Killua looks over to Gon and sees his eyes darken. Symbolic of entering Zetsu--only, this time, there's something darker about them.

In front of his foe, Gon is put through the emotional wringer. Killua gets Gon to bottle his anger again, but it's clearly still there.

Eventually, we reach the climax. Kite is dead. And all of that anger Gon had directed towards Pitou gets redirected toward himself: he believes that he killed Kite. His emotions stretched to their limit, Gon makes the decision. He consumes all of his aura in a last ditch-effort: his condition and vow.

Gon utterly destroys Neferpitou. Killua rushes to his side and is horrified--what did his friend need to pledge in order to take such a form? Gon's answer isn't revealed until Pitou's corpse rips off his arm. "Finally...I'm the same as Kite was...The same as that time..."

When do you hurt yourself? "When you can't forgive yourself." It was a suicide move. Gon couldn't forgive himself for allowing Kite to die. So he sacrificed himself for this very reason. A conscious decision made when a kind boy feels guilty for the loss of a friend. He became the strongest ever--but only after feeling like the weakest. Gon's adult form was a projection of the person he wished he was: all-powerful. Strong enough to defeat his enemy. Strong enough to protect his friends.

So we basically learn that Gon doesn't handle loss well. But death is intrinsic to the natural world...especially intrinsic to the world of Hunters, whom, by profession, are often dealers of life and death. There's sure to be more of it in the manga, and I can't imagine how Gon would react if he lost someone even closer to him... like Ging, or Killua.
    Last edited by Mr. Toto; September 9th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.

^ Beautifully put.

Hunter Chairman Netero NJZanDatsu's Avatar

^agreed.
    Metal Gear Rising
    Raiden
    Zan-Datsu

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

^ I third the motion.
    Seeking infinity, with all my affinities.
    Finding truth, like a falling fruit, my ultimate finality.
    Inside my being, the outside, all things; the finite leads the way.

^ Jumping in on the "that post was well said" bandwagon .

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Hopping in on it too. You don't see posts like that often. Quite something there.

my album of the month: The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2
    my album of the week: NoMeansNo - Wrong

The trailer for the movie has me intrigued. http://www.hxh-movie.jp/

More Uvo and Hisoka is all I really need lmao.

~My Harem, S-Rank~

Getting the chance to see one of Mr. Toto's fantastic analysis posts is pretty much the main reason I hang out in this thread.
    Excellent breakdown, man.

And next week in the anime? Uvo vs. Kurapika!!!
    Get hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And next week in the anime? Uvo vs. Kurapika!!!
    Get hype.
    Spoiler:

Kurapika has the New York Knicks color scheme.

Spoiler:

Dat Trailer, Illumi's face in the dark... NOPE NOPE NOPE.
    Last edited by pyromonki; September 10th, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Damn Mr.Toto that was just awesome.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

I have never downloaded something faster. The torrent is out, if you hurry up and grab it now the speed might not be unbearably slow.

Shortly after, IRC, the method I usually use, will be out and those downloads usually complete the 720p version in about 5 minutes no matter what.

--- --- ---

e: Great animation. I quite frankly found the music choice less than stellar, and I'll snoop around youtube to find tracks on the OST that they currently have that I'd have preferred them to use, but the fight itself was perfect in terms of sound effects, direction, animation...

There were one or two tracks I'd have preferred they'd replaced.

Another "I can't believe they did that!" moment when Uvo peed the leeches out, and the amount of blood he was spewing out.
    Last edited by Demonicpoodle; September 15th, 2012 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    Another "I can't believe they did that!" moment when Uvo peed the leeches out, and the amount of blood he was spewing out.
    Agreed on both counts lmao.

Loved that black and white effect used in the episode and
    Spoiler:
    Uvo refusing to talk before he died made me smile/tear-up. RIP you reckless and admirably amazing man~~

Quote Originally Posted by lelandlancaster View Post
    Agreed on both counts lmao.

Loved that black and white effect used in the episode and
    Spoiler:
    Uvo refusing to talk before he died made me smile/tear-up. RIP you reckless and admirably amazing man~~
    Me too, that just completely enhanced the impact.

Uvo is indeed a paragon to men. I wish every emo kid everywhere would be replaced by an Uvo, even their voice would be replaced with Uvo's "Uooooooooooooh!"s whenever they sighed.

Spoiler:
    Uploadin' some screenies. Ongoing process.

e: Got 8 more.

More.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

lol, reached max number of images you can use for a post. Was wondering when that would happen. Oh well, those were fun to take, though this episode obviously gives you an overload of awesome screenshots and animation.
    Last edited by Demonicpoodle; September 15th, 2012 at 10:53 PM.

What a great fucking episode.
    Spoiler:
    Uvo's deah was everything I hoped it would be. Truly great animation and direction during that last scene.

@Mr. Toto - That was a great recap.

Proud Translator of MHA Gliblord's Avatar

I'd forgotten just how hax Kurapika is with the eye boost. It was more of a slaughter than a fight, which I think was the point.

Awesome episode indeed.

Madhouse listen to me and listen well..........don't stop this awesome streak that you're on right now please do not stop.

Closed Thread

Thread Information