Closed Thread
Page 382 of 501 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,640 of 10016

Thread: Hunter x Hunter II

Default Re: Hiatus x Hiatus II

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    I'm hoping the end of the anime is the end of the hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    Most probably, Pitou was confident that the King could easily survive/deflect the Dragon Dive. What worried Pitou was the human who was strong enough to send Pitou flying with a single slap, the human who posed a threat to the King's safety.
    As in you think in that slight pause Pitou was still worrying about the humans getting to the King whilst above, not DD striking the palace in particular?
    that would make sense.

Otherwise I don’t know,if it’s in reaction to DD perhaps frustration with a hint of worry would have worked better to show Pitou knew the palace would be hit but is still concerned over the King’s welfare/the whole situation unfolding. To me it seems like both the anime and the mangas make it look like surprise/sudden worry at the arrows striking.

Edit: after circling around i edited he out bcoz like i dn't know pitou's either trans or a girl. i know no boobs,royal guards are bros etc etc(pliz dn't start debate) but yeah sounds better given the femininity.
    Last edited by dasia; January 12th, 2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: sorry for being robotic about it lol

These chapters are just keep getting better and better. The king's black face + the silence was awesome.

Edit: not chapters, but episodes

episode 111 was fricking amazing... I was sooo damn pleased with every aspect it. "I will become your master, but bring me food" , and Pitou moments were superb. I like how she used her tail to stay in range of her nen puppet. oh god, I hope they will keep this up
    Think happy thoughts

I feel that this is going to be another great year for the HunterxHunter anime

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    I feel that this is going to be another great year for the HunterxHunter anime
    That is unless they catch up to the hiatus, in which case, see you for another ten years, HxH anime!!

The first half was an intense slide show. But that second half. that Silence. Oh boy oh boy.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    That is unless they catch up to the hiatus, in which case, see you for another ten years, HxH anime!!
    Even if it did catch up hopefully there'd still be a biennial standard shonen jump HunterxHunter movie to look forward to.

"Gon and Killua face their toughest challenge yet as the King and Hisoka team up to hunt down all the cute nen gifted children in the world! HunterxHunter movie 6 coming soon!

Psh. Hisoka and the King don't match up.

Hisoka and Pitou or Puffu, that's where the magic is!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Shit you're right Hisoka and Pufu would make a fabulous duo, add in Illumi and we've got ourselves a boyband.

hisoka and poufu is the ultimate facefault tagteam

Quote Originally Posted by ShimpanzeeThat View Post
    episode 111 was fricking amazing... I was sooo damn pleased with every aspect it. "I will become your master, but bring me food" , and Pitou moments were superb. I like how she used her tail to stay in range of her nen puppet. oh god, I hope they will keep this up
    ...They did. I hate to just continually pat something on the back but that's really all I can do in this case. It's one of those weird cases where all I can really do is sit back in awe, because this immaculate show is exposing no weak points for me to dissect. It's a passive feeling that only comes once in a blue moon.

I'd like to note that this episode had the same aura that forced my eyes into place in front of the screen unflinchingly that Breaking Bad does.

These episodes are too good for me to just write some quick summary of my thoughts, because these images of the manga have been firmly in my head for a long time, and now they're coming to life in with such color and fervor. I'm gonna edit this with some long rambling of more of my thoughts on this, in place of the reviewing I used to do of this show.

- Youpi's transformation sequence. The tensing of his facial muscles and immediate flash of his eyes to red immediately set the tone for a frightening confrontation. The gradual emergence of his added limbs was fluid yet disturbing. Certainly my preferred method of showing this, instead of everything coming out at once, like the manga. Significant improvement.

- Youpi's face is not being skimped on at all. The ridges are there, which are one of the main factors that elevate its creepiness. I was actually worried they'd skimp on this detail for simplicity's sake but... nope.

- New music located. The slow, simplistic drama piece that plays when Shoot is below a horrific otherworldly beast. There is a touch of somber desperation to this piece. There's also an underlying sound of reservation, fitting with the situation.

- Actual criticism! I knew if I laid my thoughts down like this I'd find some hidden away. The frame of the dragon dive penetrating the palace with Morel on the right is not nearly as good as the manga's rendition.

- The shot of Gon and Youpi with eyes locked is also slightly inferior to the manga. I emphasize "slightly". I didn't think they'd be able to beat that well-done panel of Youpi grinning at his fresh new meat. This one. If they would have intensified the sequence a bit it would have matched the manga, but they got close enough.

- The thing about this show that constantly shows they don't cut corners is that, even in slow-motion sequences, things are usually always moving, like when the dragon dive heads are coming down while Shoot is moving forward with new-found resolution.

- They tried to match the impact of the spread of Knuckle punching Youpi, and it worked because they immediately cut to the halfway break, leaving time for it to linger.

- Animation seems to go on overdrive when any Youpi shapeshifting occurs. This is very necessary for a great adaptation, so I'm glad they're going the extra length to truly amp up the oddity and freakishness of a body just contorting like that.

- Pitou's legs look like they hurt from that much exertion, and that's exactly how that needed to be conveyed.

- The cut to everything being in black and white really drove home how time had stopped, you definitely got that feeling.

- The inside of the palace where Youpi and the ambush team are located seems to really have an unusual amount of dimension to it.
    Last edited by Demonicpoodle; January 14th, 2014 at 05:32 PM.

This episode was freaking awesome

They finally got to the scene I'd been really waiting for to be adapted. "Heal Komungi. I'm counting on you." and they pulled it off excellently, it made me tear up as much as it did when I first read it in the manga. Bravo Madhouse.
    I'm gonna reach for the stars~~~

Slightly off topic question; can anyone explain to me the ethical reasons for (and against) watching HXH on Crunchy Roll over torrenting it? I don't watch any anime (besides this) so I'm not very familiar on this subject. I'm rolling with Cruncy Roll at the moment but I'm not sure I'll get my money's worth out of it just watching HXH. I noticed on my PS3, a service competing with Crunchy Roll has the recent Berserk stuff on it (it looked like that at least), if that place hosts HXH as well, maybe I'll try it out

It sounds like 112 is an amazing episode, I'm getting to watch it now

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    Slightly off topic question; can anyone explain to me the ethical reasons for (and against) watching HXH on Crunchy Roll over torrenting it?
    Because torrenting it is illegal when you have a legal option...?

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

The unnecessary narration in this week's episode annoyed the hell out of me.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    Because torrenting it is illegal when you have a legal option...?
    I didn't realize it was that simple, thanks for the info

And as was revealed by Mamare (Log Horizon's author)'s visit recently to 4chan, Crunchyroll and other legal stream does matter to Japanese creators, at least it does to NHK, to gauge overseas reception.

The anonymous pirates vocally dismiss these claims, but coming directly from the source, it's got hell of a lot more weight.

^^^It sounds like a good service. I think I'll keep using it

I loved the part where Pitou's eyes welled up with tears at the king's request to heal Komugi.

Closed Thread

Thread Information