+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 648: The Path Towards The Sun

Default Chapter 648: The Path Towards The Sun

Last edited by NANLIT; December 1st, 2011 at 09:57 AM.

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Chapter 648: The Path Towards The Sun

yea ha
    he has the power to hear like roger it's finally confirmed and i guess there is a really big chance Jinbei will join :D

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    I don't understand why this is a bad thing. It's been implied since the beginning of the series that Luffy carries on the will of Roger. Why is him having the same ability to hear the "voice" such a letdown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Why is that? What is so bad about that?
    Man, some really dumb complaints here.
    I really dislike stories of fate and destined success. Originally, Luffy was just a guy in the world using hard work and good people skills to succeed. Now we are learning that the only reason Luffy has what it takes it because he's destined to. That's stupid in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Well we all saw the blood transfusion thing from a mile away, the only thing I don't like about it is the parallel between Luffy and Roger(apparently Luffy can hear the voice of all things now) this is because one of the things I have always liked about One piece is that it tried not to fall under the cliche of the main protagonist being similar(sometimes even viewed as a reincarnations) to people who were greater than them. Personally to me it really reduces the importance of Luffy as a character if he is just going to be the reincarnation of Roger, I mean can't he be great without been the same as him, look at Zoro everything he has done is all him, people don't go , he can do what Mihawk can do", everything is him his name is growing without needing a boost from comparisons, so to me Oda failed me personally as a fan by doing this.
    WHAT IS CARIBOU DOING, the guy needs to be dealt with soon.
    Exactly this.
    Last edited by Zkaiser; November 30th, 2011 at 08:53 AM.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Thanks, reading now!

Thank for the link! goes off to read...

Yipee off to read it now.
    3DS Friend Code: 1762 -3677-8048

Nooo. What happened to Wiper's hair?

Mangazone's release for those interested:
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/648

Oh boy, this is gonna be good.

Jinbe~

The caribou thing didn't go the way i thought it would. I'm also not liking the whole fate thing.
    Ganzbino

Carried from the Spoiler thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    I really dislike stories of fate and destined success. Originally, Luffy was just a guy in the world using hard work and good people skills to succeed. Now we are learning that the only reason Luffy has what it takes it because he's destined to. That's stupid in my opinion.
    I think you're just being facetious. Throughout the entire series, several people, including Robin, Shanks, Kureha, Zeff, etc, etc, have commented on Luffy's "will" and the spirit he carries. Almost every arc, a character has commented that he carries on the will of Roger. If you haven't picked up on this yet, you've either only being casually reading the series or completely tuned it out. Even at the beginning of this arc, Rayleigh had a flashback:

http://www.mangareader.net/103-58422...apter-603.html

I mean, cmon', now...

As for the chapter, this was a good concluding chapter. I know Jinbe will accept, and then, the Strawhats can move on, unless Big Mom shows up since Daruma destroyed her factory (a good possibility). Though, if she turns out to be Lola's mother like everyone expected, Nami will be able to diffuse the situation.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Yet another "Luffy is like Roger": it's getting tedious, really...
    "Interestingly enough, the gods of the Disc have never bothered much about judging the souls of the dead, and so people only go to hell if that's where they think they deserve to go. Which they won't do if they don't know about it. This explains why it is important to shoot missionaries on sight."

Good chapter. Weird that this "law" exists even though they were still apparently donating blood to humans in the past.

.... wow, well... just wow.

just going to read>>>>>>

President of America Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

It's over.

It's finally...over.

All we need now is a double spread of Jinbe walking through the doors of Sunny .
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit.

The only evil in this world is ignorance.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    Carried from the Spoiler thread:

I think you're just being facetious. Throughout the entire series, several people, including Robin, Shanks, Kureha, Zeff, etc, etc, have commented on Luffy's "will" and the spirit he carries. Almost every arc, a character has commented that he carries on the will of Roger. If you haven't picked up on this yet, you've either only being casually reading the series or completely tuned it out. Even at the beginning of this arc, Rayleigh had a flashback:

I mean, cmon', now...

As for the chapter, this was a good concluding chapter. I know Jinbe will accept, and then, the Strawhats can move on, unless Big Mom shows up since Daruma destroyed her factory (a good possibility). Though, if she turns out to be Lola's mother like everyone expected, Nami will be able to diffuse the situation.
    Being similar to someone in spirit is not the same as having the same random abilities as someone else.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post

Exactly this.
    Uh. So what do we know about the voice of all things? The only thing we know is that Roger had it. That's it. Does the fact that Roger heard the seakings even mean that Luffy has the ability to hear the voice of all things? We know nothing about it or the significance of it, similarly to the king haki. I'd be more patient with that before calling foul on it and that Luffy is a special destined person. Hell, Roger died. I don't think being the special destined person in this case is even that good.

Can we make a poll on this thread about who's predicting in next chapter:

1. Jinbe will say YES.
    2. Jinbe will say NO.
    3. No answer yet.

Well, can we?

Welcome to the crew, Jinbe.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information