+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 648: The Path Towards The Sun

Default Re: Chapter 648: The Path Towards The Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    To prep myself for the possibility of a Straw Hat Jinbe future, I need Jinbe supporters to tell me why they like him. I think he's one of the most boring characters in the series. Help me to see what you see.
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, you could always hope that Jinbe will get a head concussion like Goku did as a child, which will reverse Jinbe's personality back to how it was in the flashbacks. His future quirks will be almost killing every enemy within sight, and the strawhats will be trying to hold him back.

These responses are delicious.

On another note, it's confusing between MR's and MS's translations. I don't have the actual script, so I don't know which is more accurate regarding the mermaids' discovery.

As for the poetic narration during the transfusion, MR's is definitely more accurate.

Otherwise, they're pretty much the same... rushed quality.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Of course it is rare. I just don't think it's a destiny thing, rather just another parallel to Roger, just like the hat.
    The hat is one of the worst transgressions of this fate/destiny thing. I don't think you and I are on the same page.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Why the hell are people complaining about Luffy's similarities to Roger now? The comparisons have been around since goddamn Loguetown.
    That's why I think complaining about it is dumb. Just because these similarities are obviously there, it doesn't mean Luffy doesn't do his own thing.

Read it and this is my take.

I enjoyed the chapter. Felt the flow was nice and we had some nice dialogue and some "trivia" time as well. Like Choppers monster point, the voice of all things, the F blood type the law still in action and so on.
    Oda made a good job of letting us know that the life in the story itself does not stop when SH's are battling their foes, so we see Caribou stealing the treasure together with an interesting chest.
    We finish the chapter with a good cliffhanger now I am not all that interested in the answer though, but more in what's next, how will this story develop and go on...

Nice read, now I will wait for the insights of others and think about their intake.
    Last edited by blue-san; November 30th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Why the hell are people complaining about Luffy's similarities to Roger now? The comparisons have been around since goddamn Loguetown.
    Similarities in personality are ok with me. Not inheriting special abilities that will lead to success. Destiny is one of the most overused plot lines and I thought OP was free of it. I was very wrong.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

Great discrepancy between the translation from mangastream and the one from mangareader. :O

Awesome chapter!! Finally Luffy ask Jinbei to join the crew. I've always said that Jinbei would join, even though we don't know yet, I think he will join, he gave Luffy his blood. I'm so happy i'm so glad.

Thanks MS !

I absolutely loved that chapter. I guess Luffy destroyed FI'sinstitution.
    At first, I was expecting Luffy to ask for meshi. Yeah ! Jinbe is joining ! The straw hats are even stronger than before.

Oh Sanji... I wouldn't mind Robin nursing me as well .

I can feel the Jinbe hate and it tastes great.

Anyway, the Chopper gags were hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
    Awww, so for all his power-up, Luffy was wounded by Hody so much that he would die without a transfusion.
    I know Oda needed some plot device to wrap up his "blood transfer" trope, but come on.
    Yeah, it's not like destroying the Noah was an almost impossible task which made Luffy's minimal wounds worse.

The fuck are you people whining about destiny for?

It's a shonen. Of course Luffy's gonna wreck everyone and become the Pirate King, Naruto's gonna be Hokage and Ichigo's gonna be....whatever the fuck he decides to be when he drops the indecisive pussy act.

Quote Originally Posted by Zkaiser View Post
    Similarities in personality are ok with me. Not inheriting special abilities that will lead to success. Destiny is one of the most overused plot lines and I thought OP was free of it. I was very wrong.
    The notion of destiny has been around since Loguetown.
    I feel relief in just watching you breathe.

I will survive this hell! Kishido's Avatar

Awesome chapter... The ending was touching... please welcome Jinbei the 9th
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me… "Black Leg" Sanji!

I enjoyed this chapter in how it wrapped everything up. I'm ok with the Luffy hearing the voices, and I'm curious to see how it develops.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

is there any reliable translation? Mangareader and mangastreams translation both say different things

About the chapter overall: The narration at the end did it for me, it tied everything together well story-wise. With last week's chapter the end felt kinda anti-climatic, but now the arc feels complete, despite the fairly quick fights. I'm okay with Jinbei joining, Caribou was not forgotten, the tamatebako was brought up, the seakings had some interesting things to say.
    I guess now it feels like a good(not great) One Piece arc.

Great chapter, I think.

I will survive this hell! Kishido's Avatar

Why did Caribou let the mermaids behind? I don't get it. With his powers he could the treasure and the mermaids
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me… "Black Leg" Sanji!

Awesome chapter, Is aw this all happening but its still awesome.
    FUCK YEAH JINBE

Fuck this capture made me get emotional, the tranfusion and what it meant plus some many years of Hancock vs Perona(lulz) vs Jinbe vs other retarded options.

Fuck yeah, fuck yeah.

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Why did Caribou let the mermaids behind? I don't get it. With his powers he could the treasure and the mermaids
    hmm.. that's a good point.. but maybe his powers have limits and he thought taking the treasure isn't as much trouble? I'm sure it'll be addressed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information