Hello, True Believers! Once again, we come to the other annual event here at Arlong Park which is designed to celebrate the various goings-on of the outgoing year. I could write a lengthy introduction and bore you, but I won't.
So let's just jump right into the rules (so far):
01. No circlejerkery. We don't want a group of the same people nominating the members of that groups every time. If it becomes obvious that categories are being fixed in that fashion, we'll start tossing out some of the nominations and look for somebody else.
02. One nomination per OPEN category per person. We will announce when categories are opened or closed so pay attention. If you nominate for more than one category at a time, we will only accept the relevant nomination
03. Don't try to buy votes, obviously. I really, really hate that.
04. As always, people have the right to refuse nominations for themselves or their works in any category. Nominations are also subject to being withdrawn from consideration if deemed necessary by Event Staff. If you don't want to be nominated for something, please inform an Event Mod and we'll take care of it as soon as possible.
05. A bolded Open Category section means that nominations are only being accepted for that open category. Nominations for categories that are not yet open will be ignored and the person making the nomination will likely be mocked.
06. Consistent or repeated ignoring of these rules may lead to banning from this forum and disqualification of any nominations that member may have made.
07. Speaking of which, people who are currently banned are ineligible for nomination. In the interest of leniency, people who have been banned and have been allowed back without problems are currently considered Members in Good Standing and are eligible. It's a trial basis thing.
08. Don't disrupt threads if there's something you disagree with. If you have an issue with something, take it up with one of the fine people whose name is listed at the bottom of this forum.
09. No asshattery. If you personally dislike another Member and that person being nominated for something throws you into a constant state of internal rage, keep it to yourself. I don't want to hear about it and neither do the rest of the Event Mods. If you disagree with some nomination or other, don't go about it by trying to tear that nominee down; try to build up one you support instead. Don't complain about nominees either.
10. This isn't a general discussion thread. If you have a question about the rules, ask here. If not, use the Discussion thread.
11. The Event Staff has the right to alter and add to this list of rules as it becomes necessary or in the event that I forgot something like always.
12. The most important rule is the same for Forum Events: Be positive and have fun!