Thread: Hey, it's the AP Awards.

Default Hey, it's the AP Awards.

Hello, True Believers! Once again, we come to the other annual event here at Arlong Park which is designed to celebrate the various goings-on of the outgoing year. I could write a lengthy introduction and bore you, but I won't.

So let's just jump right into the rules (so far):

01. No circlejerkery. We don't want a group of the same people nominating the members of that groups every time. If it becomes obvious that categories are being fixed in that fashion, we'll start tossing out some of the nominations and look for somebody else.
    02. One nomination per OPEN category per person. We will announce when categories are opened or closed so pay attention. If you nominate for more than one category at a time, we will only accept the relevant nomination
    03. Don't try to buy votes, obviously. I really, really hate that.
    04. As always, people have the right to refuse nominations for themselves or their works in any category. Nominations are also subject to being withdrawn from consideration if deemed necessary by Event Staff. If you don't want to be nominated for something, please inform an Event Mod and we'll take care of it as soon as possible.
    05. A bolded Open Category section means that nominations are only being accepted for that open category. Nominations for categories that are not yet open will be ignored and the person making the nomination will likely be mocked.
    06. Consistent or repeated ignoring of these rules may lead to banning from this forum and disqualification of any nominations that member may have made.
    07. Speaking of which, people who are currently banned are ineligible for nomination. In the interest of leniency, people who have been banned and have been allowed back without problems are currently considered Members in Good Standing and are eligible. It's a trial basis thing.
    08. Don't disrupt threads if there's something you disagree with. If you have an issue with something, take it up with one of the fine people whose name is listed at the bottom of this forum.
    09. No asshattery. If you personally dislike another Member and that person being nominated for something throws you into a constant state of internal rage, keep it to yourself. I don't want to hear about it and neither do the rest of the Event Mods. If you disagree with some nomination or other, don't go about it by trying to tear that nominee down; try to build up one you support instead. Don't complain about nominees either.
    10. This isn't a general discussion thread. If you have a question about the rules, ask here. If not, use the Discussion thread.
    11. The Event Staff has the right to alter and add to this list of rules as it becomes necessary or in the event that I forgot something like always.
    12. The most important rule is the same for Forum Events: Be positive and have fun!
    Complicating things since 2009.

Default Re: Hey, it's the AP Awards.

Category listings and explanations moved here to make editing the Nominations List easier.

Discussion Awards

Things that happened on this board within the previous year. When nominating for this category, please provide a direct link if at all possible or as specific a description as possible. Nominees that take too long to find will likely be ignored and nominees that no longer exist are sadly disqualified. Well, unless you have a screenshot.

Hidden:
    • Worst Thread
    • Best Thread

Fairly self-explanatory.

• The Best Chew-out

Did somebody say something that was really stupid and get chewed out by another member for it? That's what this award is to celebrate. Since this award tends to be lighter on nominations than some of the others, memorable responses by our members on this forum to things that occured off of the board can be nominated.
    • Best Debate
    • Funniest Post
    • Best Moment on the Board
    • Most Memorable Off-Topic Moment

I think those are all self-explanatory as well.

Tournament Awards
    • Best Match
    • Best Campaign
    • Best Moment

Ditto.

Member related Awards
    • Most Memorable
    • Most Quotable
    • Most Articulate
    • Most Dedicated
    • Most Original
    • Most One Piece Knowledgeable
    • Most Perverted
    • Most Profound
    • Best New Member
    • Favorite Mod/Admin

The category that celebrates all those wonderful people who make life here at Arlong Park trouble-free and interesting. Plus Urouge. As in the past, this applies only to Global Mods and Admins.

• Best Debater
    • Best Researcher
    • Most Indecisive
    • Funniest
    • Friendliest
    • Smartest
    • Craziest
    • Best Artist
    • Best Writer
    • Biggest Pimp

For the record, that's a joke category and is open to either gender. If it offends you, just repeat to yourself that it's just an Awards Show and you should really just relax.

• Pirate King
    • Pirate Queen

Pirate King and Queen are the male and female personas that best exemplify Arlong Park.

Creativity Based Awards

• Best Fanart
    • Best AMV
    • Best Cosplayer Female Division -
    • Best Cosplayer Male Division -
    • Best Avatar
    • Best Signature

Manga Related Awards
    • Best Chapter of One Piece
    • Worst Chapter of One Piece
    • Best Episode of One Piece
    • Worst Episode of One Piece
    • Naruto - Worst Moment
    • Bleach - Worst Moment
    • Fairy Tail - Worst Moment

The Duo of Doom has been a Trio of Terrible Storylines.

General Discussion Awards
    • Movie of the Year -Best
    • Movie of the Year -Worst
    • Animated Film of the Year
    • Television Show of the Year - Best
    • Television Show of the Year - Worst

I doubt any of those require any real explanation. I will say for clarification purposes that Animated Film of the Year is a holdover from last year when it was Best Non-Pixar Film and does not mean that animated films are exempt from Movie of the Year so much as a way to get more films nominated that might have slipped through the cracks. The main reason I'm keeping it is that Best Non-Pixar Animated Film might be valid again in the future. Right now though, well, have you seen Cars 2? If so, you know why the name has been shortened.

• Biggest News Story of the Year
    • Lamest News Story of the Year

Alright, these might need a bit of explanation.

I chose the word "Biggest" instead of Best for the specific reason that major news stories are not always about good things, but only important ones. By contrast, Lamest News Story is about something that was widely covered by the media that never should have been in the first place. Black Friday Hype? Idiot Celebrity Couple #67? Whichever you prefer.

• Video game of the Year - Best
    • Video game of the Year - Worst

Pending number of entries, we might break this into smaller categories based on individual consoles/PC, whatever.

• Funniest Image or Series of Images

By Series of Images, I mean a set that is directed related to each other and not "Hey, lets post a random set of images and call it humor."
    • Special Bonus Categories

I vote myself "most unable to get senior status", since I am that pathetic. And half the time I'm not here.

It's funny that I can post in here. Isn't it supposed to be locked?

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    I vote myself "most unable to get senior status", since I am that pathetic. And half the time I'm not here.
    Seniors tend to be able to read the rules and understand them.

It's funny that I can post in here. Isn't it supposed to be locked?
    If it was locked, it'd render Rule 10 pointless.

Ubiq: Some of the nominations for Best Chew-Out aren't working; when I click on them, 01 and 05 say "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator," while 03. has the "404 Not Found nginx/0.7.62" error.
    Those who love One Piece, say "Straw Hat Pirates!"

Try them now as they should work. If not, it's Robby's fault.

GumGum Bazooka gets Gordon GECKO'D still has the "404 Not Found nginx/0.7.62" error. Do I HAVE to blame Robby for it? He seems like a nice guy. Otherwise, the rest work now.

What is the nomination right before that about?

Robby.

So, yes. Yes, you should.

Okay, that should have got it this time.
    Last edited by Ubiq; December 7th, 2011 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    What is the nomination right before that about?

Robby.

So, yes. Yes, you should.

Okay, that should have got it this time.
    It works now! Thanks!

I won't blame Robby unless he confesses to making it not work!

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    07. Speaking of which, people who are currently banned are ineligible for nomination. In the interest of leniency, people who have been banned and have been allowed back without problems are currently considered Members in Good Standing and are eligible. It's a trial basis thing.
    are inactive members allowed? if not allowed then also define inactive.

If they haven't posted since 2011 began, I'd say they're ineligible. Anyone else should be fair game, though. If someone only posted here in February, but they made that much of an impact, then I'd say yes.

But that's just me.

I'd prefer that they posted at least some during the last six months, but if we can't get enough nominees that way, we can push it back. It has to be the since the last Awards though.

Thread Information