+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 526: ''An Undersea Eruption! Sailing to Fishman Island''

Default Re: 526: ''An Undersea Eruption! Sailing to Fishman Island''

Quote Originally Posted by XMURADX View Post
    Looks like Yokoyama to me, it's good that someone with poor animation is handling next week.

Can't wait to watch the ep.
    "Poor animation"? It's at least decent. Yeah, I know that the next episode focuses more on the art than animation. :P

Quote Originally Posted by rubia_ryu View Post
    "Poor animation"? It's at least decent. Yeah, I know that the next episode focuses more on the art than animation. :P
    Yeah, it does look decent artwise, Yokoyama improved a lot lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    He looks like a dry carrot.
    A-Aaaw, c'mon .. h-he's not that bad looking. Hyouzou looks really off, though. His skin is a lot brighter than shown on some of the promo stuff (especially when you consider the fact he's not a fishman, his top should be human). I wouldn't rule out them toning it down by next week; some major coloring tweaks were made on young Rayleigh a few weeks back between the preview and the actual episode.

I'm really excited to see the inside of Fishman Island. It's gonna be color orgasm everywhere.

Toei is really handling the timeskip very well. I haven't really seen a bad episode yet so that's nice and I hope they continue like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    lol what? Mihawk shits his pants everytime he sees Shanks.

COME ON AND JAM! WASSUP!

Boy, time has not been good to post-timeskip Chopper. He's been nothing but dreadfully annoying thus far.

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

Heh, I liked how in Zoro stomps on Caribo's barrel in the background towards the end.

During the eruption sequence, I couldn't help but think, ''couldn't Surume, y'know, swim away?'' It has to be faster than scuttling on the ocean floor.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's Wataru Takagi (Bellamy and Largo, the latter's voice I assume he's reusing) going by Gigant Battle 2.
    you are right, it's him, confirmed on ANN x)

Wataru TAKAGI

One Piece Concept - French Fansubbing
    http://onepiececoncept.free.fr - #OP-Concept@irc.fansub-irc.eu

I LOVE Vander Decken's voice! His laugh was fantastic! Can't wait for more Bahohoho.

Spoiler:
    I just hope it doesn't become more comical in later episodes due to his... well... rather comedic personality.

As for the episode itself, the art was beautiful and, once again, love Robin's dark humor. Next week, Beautiful mermaids! Hell yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Heh, I liked how in Zoro stomps on Caribo's barrel in the background towards the end.

During the eruption sequence, I couldn't help but think, ''couldn't Surume, y'know, swim away?'' It has to be faster than scuttling on the ocean floor.
    Possibly, but imagine your a Kraken with like 20 arms or however many freaken arms he has. What do you think is faster to do. Swim or grab a rock with an arm and PULL yourself quickly to it.

Rinse and repeat, continually grabbing and Pulling yourself as hard as you can to each further object across the surface. This "COULD" be faster than swimming. Who knows. I mean when I think of a octopus swimming I think of like a jellyfish and how it pusshes and then glides, and then pushes water and glides. Seems kind of like in a tight situation like this in that glide motion you are losing precious time.

I loved them bringing back some classic One Piece music for the unveiling of Fishman Island. Same music used at Drum Island Arc end. Totally fitting, since we've waited YEARS to get to this place.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Boy, time has not been good to post-timeskip Chopper. He's been nothing but dreadfully annoying thus far.
    Do you read the manga? Also, I thought the rehab jokes were hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Yeah, read the manga. I was a little disappointed there in the relative lack of growth he's had in terms of dealing with "scary things," but his role in the anime post-timeskip has been shrieking or crying at anything that moves. Very odd. If anything, Chopper always had a little more backbone to him than Usopp.

Pretty good episode. The art and animation have really been amazing these past few episodes.
    I really like Vander Decken's voice. It matches perfectly.

I loved how Toei over-dramatized Sanji's scene, where he proclaims he'd rather die looking at mermaids. The heavenly music really added to it. XD

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Chopper's freaking out moments have always been funny to me. Pair him up with Usopp and you get gold comedy moments.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Yea Chopper is the man. Before timeskip he was one of my favorite strawhats, and the post timeskip has not changed that one bit. If anything he would have moved up, if he weren't already so damn high up on my list. Going to wing a list quick, but here is my fav strawhats in rough order.

1. Zoro/Robin/Chopper
    2. Usopp/Nami/Franky
    3. Brook/Sanji
    4. Luffy

Somehow Luffy is my least favorite strawhat. I still love him, but I think the whole 2 years with ONLY him in the manga really made me like the others more. You know its like if you eat pumpkin pie every day of your life, its no longer special at thanksgiving. I've had too much of Luffy, and thus anyone right now is a breath of fresh air.

Surprised this episode is getting as much credit as it is. Really felt like the interactions with the crew were just bonkers rather than amusing, between Brook's random songs/30-degrees attempts, Chopper and Usopp taking the "Official Scared Characters" bit way too far, and the weird celebration at Fishman Island. Add in a few musical mismatches (that was dreadful when Surume/Monster Trio showed back up) and I thought it was one of the more mediocre efforts in recent memory.

But glad you all enjoyed it, I reckon.

Yeah, read the manga. I was a little disappointed there in the relative lack of growth he's had in terms of dealing with "scary things," but his role in the anime post-timeskip has been shrieking or crying at anything that moves. Very odd. If anything, Chopper always had a little more backbone to him than Usopp.
    Didn't you hear the girls after the timeskip. They clearly mentioned how NOBODY or "none of the guys" matured even one bit.

Still just as perverted, stupid jokes, scared, stupid, lost, ect as ever. In some cases worse. They are more confident in their fighting now, but don't expect Chopper or Usopp to ever not be like "OMG, look how scary or big that thing is"

Surprised this episode is getting as much credit as it is. Really felt like the interactions with the crew were just bonkers rather than amusing,.
    I kinda felt that way at the beginning of the episode.
    The scene where everyone was reacting and talking among themselves about the Flying Dutchman seemed a bit weird to me.
    Although, it was cool to see more of Robin's sketches.

Well,most of the fear has to do with being inside the bubble,and just one pop to instant death. They werent afraid of the sea monster the spat out Camie pre-TS

It has a SUPER flavor Jet Gatling's Avatar

Nami tugging on her top because she felt the heat on the underwater volcano, was I the only one thinking: almost there...almost there...TAKE IT OFF ALREADY!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information