+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 649: "The Bream and Flounder Dance"- Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 649: "The Bream and Flounder Dance"- Discussion

That Bonney being an ancient weapon thing sound sinteresting. Also when you think about it Blackbeard doesn't have a ship yet. Blackbeard could revive Pluton and he will also have an ancient weapon on his side, the WG will have one, and SH's will atleast havee an ally that can help them when the time comes
    Will someone tell me how to make a signature already? UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Anyone know which chapter Poseidon was first mentioned in?
    Here ya go. http://www.mangareader.net/103-2408-...apter-301.html
    Avatar by しろくま on Pixiv; Compass Birds pic trimmed by yours truly ->

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolores View Post
    The only duty I can see Jinbe having is the realisation of Otohime's dream. Meaning the successful request for migration at the Reverie.
    This.

I don't know if most people here know something that I don't, because to me the answer regarding what Jinbe's "duties" are is pretty damn clear. It has been hinted several times during Jinbe's character development: he wants to fulfill Otohimes dream. In other words, his unfinished duty = Reverie. I believe this will unfold during the next chapter, somehow leading the SH's + Jinbe to Reverie, for an epic sub-arc (much like water 7 -> enies lobby).
    Don't take yourself too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantGuy View Post
    By the way, to the people who are disappointed with the chapter because Jinbe didn't directly accept nor decline - well, if he actually does join the crew, it's sort of like Brook and Chopper. He did say he would love to travel with them - just like Brook who initially accepted, but couldn't because he lacked a shadow, and Chopper who wanted see the world, but was afraid that he wouldn't fit in because he was a "monster".

Again, not saying that Jinbe will join (as I stated a thousand times before, I don't really want him to either), but I'd prefer persons like him, Brook and Chopper who actually want to become pirates, but can't - unlike Zoro, who didn't want to make himself a criminal, Nami who hated pirates, Franky who simply didn't want to be a pirate, and Sanji who was a mix of Jinbe and Franky, wasn't wanting to be a pirates AND felt he had a debt to Baratie.
    I like it more when it's some concrete and palpable problem that can be solved through action instead of people who need personal convincing - it can be a bit wearisome seeing Luffy ask them again and again.

So yeah, if he does join the crew, it'll probably follow a similar formula like Brook or Sanji and happen before the arc ends. Not anytime in the New World.
    Exactly my thought too. Im sure the world government will once again get involved in this. They are, in fact, mostly power hungry and controlling. I think its only a matter of time until they figure it out. While it may be far fetched, I think Atrosh and Kokolores are both on to something. Requesting this migration will only turn into the government asking for the mermaid princess or something along those lines. Somethings gonna happen, i feel it.
    Last edited by Gia Sado; December 7th, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

So about 350 chapters difference .

Fishman Island: Act 2. Start!!!
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

3rd Degree Black Beard RomanceDawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atrosh View Post
    This.

I don't know if most people here know something that I don't, because to me the answer regarding what Jinbe's "duties" are is pretty damn clear. It has been hinted several times during Jinbe's character development: he wants to fulfill Otohimes dream. In other words, his unfinished duty = Reverie. I believe this will unfold during the next chapter, somehow leading the SH's + Jinbe to Reverie, for an epic sub-arc (much like water 7 -> enies lobby).
    It's funny cause if the WG realizes what Shirahoshi is they'll probably never allow Fishfolk to migrate. If that did happen I would like Jinbe to go on a crusade to crush the government through the future pirate king.
    I want to believe. I Ridley want to believe.

NNID: RomanceDawn

Pokemon Y: WUSHU 0044 2811 9045

Quote Originally Posted by Nycprodigy View Post
    That Bonney being an ancient weapon thing sound sinteresting. Also when you think about it Blackbeard doesn't have a ship yet. Blackbeard could revive Pluton and he will also have an ancient weapon on his side, the WG will have one, and SH's will atleast havee an ally that can help them when the time comes
    franky burned some blue print of an ancien weapon so it mean all AW are not people... so let's not carry away too quickly on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by O baba View Post
    franky burned some blue print of an ancien weapon so it mean all AW are not people... so let's not carry away too quickly on that one...
    Who's to say that other didn't know about it?
    Will someone tell me how to make a signature already? UGH!

bonny could be the daughter of a very-high-profile-WG-persona, or might be a weapon, since she had a bounty over 100 million and akainu himself came to insure her safety

Moria is on Sniper Island. toiim's Avatar

Was this the first time we found out that the weapon was under the sea? Does anyone have a link t where we found that out in Skypiea?

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    I thought Kizaru was always drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophobia View Post
    Just like the evolution of ussop from a coward towards being a brave warrior of the sea.

The prophecy was someone will come and help the mermaid control her powers. Being that it's luffy, oda is using luffy to show the progress of shirahoshi development... From being called crybaby, then progressing towards weakahoshi... Till finally, luffy will call her by her name shirahoshi when she becomes a girl who stands her ground, and no longer need to rely on the protection of others, but by her own powers.
    And when shirahoshi can kick Luffy's ass, he will call her Poseidon!!!
    But I actually did post something on that. :3
    Except it was a theory of her joining. And till now the theory kind of holds up, even tough I never believed in it.
    I just said that Luffy would invite her to the crew and then say "You're not weakhoshi anymore, you're Shirahoshi, my nakama"

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post

He's Roman counterpart to Hades, God of the dead, ruler of the udnerworld. Poisodon is the Greek god of the sea. Not only that, his name isn't Pluton but Pluto. If Oda altered on god's name, why not alter another? If thier thoery is right on using classic gods' names, it could just as much be Raon (Ra) or stay in the Greco-Roman mythologies.
    Both names Pluton (Plouton) and Poseidon are Greek. Pluton is another GREEK name for Hades . "Pluto" is the latinization of the name Pluton. So he's no Roman counter part to anything.

According to myth, Plouton and his brothers Zeus and Poseidon defeated the Titans and claimed rulership over the world , ruling the underworld, heaven , and sea, respectively. So the remaining god of the trio is Zeus himself, though Oda could choose whatever he wants if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta<3OP View Post
    say "You're not weakhoshi anymore, you're Shirahoshi, my nakama"
    I'm sorry, I dont MEAN to be mean BUT , That sentence almost made me puke

Quote Originally Posted by gotta<3OP View Post
    And when shirahoshi can kick Luffy's ass, he will call her Poseidon!!!
    But I actually did post something on that. :3
    Except it was a theory of her joining. And till now the theory kind of holds up, even tough I never believed in it.
    I just said that Luffy would invite her to the crew and then say "You're not weakhoshi anymore, you're Shirahoshi, my nakama"
    Shirahoshi and jinbe will both join the strawhats. The world government would be after her...

Besides, luffy collects people with the ability to revive the ancient weapons as ash collecting pokemons

Now I wonder how the seakings became involved in this whole ancient Posiden mermaid stuff.Like,how did the seaking-talking mermaid come to exist .And hiw they were treated in the void century.

And,did the mermaid princess exist before the void century,or came to exist during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Fishman Island: Act 2. Start!!!
    Definitely what I'm looking forward to!

Discovered Stowaway CommanderPepper's Avatar

I really did not expect her to be the ancient weapon. Also this chapter's cover got me a new avatar yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Al!naJames View Post
    Oh god, the last page is so beautiful... <3

Neptune's got the face of a father who knows he's about to let his daughter go :)
    NEVAAAAR!!!

(Still, why do I have the feeling I might be wrong on this one...? Still, I´m saying Jinbei´s going to join for sure, Shirahoshi rather won´t, probably :P)

Stowaway

Shirahoshi wouldn't need to join, the sea kings could easily protect her at fisherman island

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information