+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Chapter 649: "The Bream and Flounder Dance"- Discussion

Banalona for the win! Kokolores's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 649: "The Bream and Flounder Dance"- Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYama View Post
    I think someone may have already posted about this here, but the thing is, when Luffy went to the other WG installations, it was always motivated by some factor out of his own choosing. Like, he had to save someone or something.

Why would the straw hats go to mariejoa now, when they're so eager to finally set out into the new world? They have no reason to go there. There's no obligation, and the WG already knows they're all alive ever since return to shabondy arc when sentoumaru got a good look at luffy.

Also, personally, i'm so tired of the first half of the grand line now. They're finally at the doorstep of the new world, to delay their entrance into new world proper would make me pretty sad.

EDIT: oh shit SSJLuffy already said it. Yeah, i don't see any reason for them to go to reverie. When the Fishmen do end up going to reverie, the author is more than capable of allowing the reader to figure out what went on there by virtue of a news coo or something. I mean, we never actually saw Luffy go back to marineford with the 3D2Y tattoo, it was only referenced as an off-screen event, so why can't the fishmen going to reverie (without the straw hats i mean) be summarized in a similar fashion?
    I've long since given up on trying to predict Oda in detail. Whatever stuff he is smoking it makes his brain run in a completely different direction than my own. Whether it's for Shirahoshi's sake or for Jimbei Oda can easily come up with a reason to involve the SH. What that reason exactly might be I won't bother trying to predict. As whatever I think will definitely not happen anyways.
    Gorlak wants you for the army

3rd Degree Black Beard RomanceDawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainYama View Post
    I think someone may have already posted about this here, but the thing is, when Luffy went to the other WG installations, it was always motivated by some factor out of his own choosing. Like, he had to save someone or something.

Why would the straw hats go to mariejoa now, when they're so eager to finally set out into the new world? They have no reason to go there. There's no obligation, and the WG already knows they're all alive ever since return to shabondy arc when sentoumaru got a good look at luffy.

Also, personally, i'm so tired of the first half of the grand line now. They're finally at the doorstep of the new world, to delay their entrance into new world proper would make me pretty sad.

EDIT: oh shit SSJLuffy already said it. Yeah, i don't see any reason for them to go to reverie. When the Fishmen do end up going to reverie, the author is more than capable of allowing the reader to figure out what went on there by virtue of a news coo or something. I mean, we never actually saw Luffy go back to marineford with the 3D2Y tattoo, it was only referenced as an off-screen event, so why can't the fishmen going to reverie (without the straw hats i mean) be summarized in a similar fashion?
    See it's folks like you who go "they saved Robin from Impel Down! They will never go there!" or "Luffy said he would not go and save Ace, so there is no way the Straw Hat's will go to Impel Down or Marineford!" Eventually Oda works it out. Just because there is no reason now doesn't mean there can't be later.
    I want to believe. I Ridley want to believe.

NNID: RomanceDawn

Pokemon Y: WUSHU 0044 2811 9045

Just bring up a point bout SHs travelling to MJ:
    Back then b4 the SHs entered the GL nobody would have wanted to c the Calm Belt yet Oda showed us the Calm Belt.
    He could have done it way later with AL when he sent Luffy to Hancock.
    Now we still don't know how a ship can get to MJ. I predict sum kind of elevator or gondola like on Drumm.
    SHs will have to sneak into that Gondola. Maybe MJ also uses the Shabondy bubble technology as FI does.
    IDK how Oda will play that out, but if he wants to show us the Reverie be sure that we will get it in the near future.
    It was sum kind of topic in the coverstory. Dont know if it will be shown on- or off-screen.
    IF the goroboshi knew that Shirahoshi was an AW they would have known it 4 like 800 yrs. They didn't find out when the tenryuubito was @ FI so why should they find out now when only Luffy saw what Shirahoshi did.
    The only one capable of hearing the dialogue between Neptune and Robin is Caribou. He was in the castle stealin stuff. Maybe he still is there and hides in a barrel again the Neptune army has not checked.
    Sum known Yonkou-theories that have my full support:
    Hidden:
    -BigMam (PIC) is Lola's mom, her initial colour is green
    -Kaidou is Franky's dad, his initial colour is blue
    Here my link to this theory

Excuse me for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Zacho View Post
    goroboshi
    Is this an innocent misspelling, or are you assuming something that I find awkward?

Okay, please continue.
    Avatar by しろくま on Pixiv; Compass Birds pic trimmed by yours truly ->

Quote Originally Posted by rubia_ryu View Post
    Excuse me for a bit.

Is this an innocent misspelling, or are you assuming something that I find awkward?

Okay, please continue.
    Wouldn't Goroboshi literally be "Rumble Star" or something to that effect? Must be an inside joke.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    Wouldn't Goroboshi literally be "Rumble Star" or something to that effect? Must be an inside joke.
    Or perhaps it's goroawase! (This means "a play on words") Ahahaha... sorry.

goro can mean many different things, but I prefer "rumble" over "idle".

Ahem... folks, carry on.
    Avatar by しろくま on Pixiv; Compass Birds pic trimmed by yours truly ->

Excuse me for a bit.

Okay, please continue.
    Or perhaps it's goroawase! (This means "a play on words") Ahahaha... sorry.

goro can mean many different things, but I prefer "rumble" over "idle".

Ahem... folks, carry on.
    Well, I meant the Five Elder Stars. How do you spell it correctly?
    Oh, it's spelled "Gorousei"! :shame:
    I always wrote it kinda this way or goroubosei. You're the first ones correcting me, so yet I thought it was spelled correctly.
    My Japanese is worst btw. I can only read sum Katakana and one to five Kanji (the one for fish, or fire, or man, rain and water).
    B2T: I still can't figure out what kind of duty Jinbe has to do. His title got stripped off so I don't think he is even allowed to accompany Neptune to the Reverie @ MJ.
    Still hope we will c a lil FB bout JoyBoy and the former princess the next weeks. This arc was very short if we don't consider the whole SA-thing.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Btw, IF the SHs are really goin to MJ and IF they really cause sum trouble there (I guess sth like Tiger did, not kill all five elder stars or ALL tenryuubito) they maybe get followed by an admiral, but then I predict sum kings or mayors at the Reverie will speak positively for the SHs, cause they did sth good 4 their countries (Vivi, Kobra, Dalton, Icebarg, ...). Thats the difference between the SHs and most other pirates. Most pirates cause havoc in a country. The SHs on the other side seem to save every country they're landing on, be it on purpose or by coincidence. But it was this "power" Shakky was speakin of after the SHs got seperated by Kuma and also Mihawk stated that the biggest power in this world is the ability to win other guys over for yourself like Luffy did with Mr. 3, Mr. 2, Inazuma, Ivankov and Jinbe in ID (I don't count Buggy or Croc, cause they had other goals in that war).
    In the end this "political" power will save the SHs from the wrath of the WG/3 admirals if they really do sum bat$hit in MJ.
    Last edited by Roronoa Zacho; December 13th, 2011 at 03:37 AM.
    Sum known Yonkou-theories that have my full support:
    Hidden:
    -BigMam (PIC) is Lola's mom, her initial colour is green
    -Kaidou is Franky's dad, his initial colour is blue
    Here my link to this theory

Rubia, that joke reminded me of Itagaki familly... :3

Well, I'm still wondering about this:
    http://www.mangareader.net/103-57801...apter-598.html

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    See it's folks like you who go "they saved Robin from Impel Down! They will never go there!" or "Luffy said he would not go and save Ace, so there is no way the Straw Hat's will go to Impel Down or Marineford!" Eventually Oda works it out. Just because there is no reason now doesn't mean there can't be later.
    That may be possible, but those previous cases were meant to showcase something very important: the Straw Hats were not ready to face the New World, despite their previous victories and characteristic enthusiasm. But it had been alluded to many times in arcs leading up to the skip, and the fact that he could brave Impel Down and Marineford and STILL not be ready was an important point to make.

At this point, they're obviously better prepared to finally move forward, and while something COULD send them to Marijoa, despite them doing this whole bubble coating song-and-dance to avoid it, here's not a lot right now to choose from. Caribou is not worth that. Shirahoshi isn't likely to have her cover blown quite so quickly. And the Sun Pirates left specifically so they wouldn't be easily snatched up by Marines; as long as they've stayed in a dark and secret (and unenjoyable, I imagine) spot on the 10,000 league-deep sea floor, I'm sure they've stayed safe. Don't forget that Marine HQ is now located on the NW side of the Red Line, so if it's a show of strength against Marine forces you want to see, we can easily get it from there.

Like the Avatar? / Like the Miis?
    3DS FC: 4468-0979-5223 / Wii U ID: JSHerstein

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D. Manuel View Post
    does anybody know the meaning of the letters on Gan Fall's shirt?
    GOD (kami神)

Kishishi. Yo. Ho. Ho. BekaDidAct's Avatar

So, this horrendous arc is finally over?!

Moria the Great

I would really argue about it being horrendous, but it's ending.

The one..the powerful.. Thatanas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    I would really argue about it being horrendous, but it's ending.
    It had no Failria, of course he thinks it sucks

An Ordinary Crack Dealer MasterKingJC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BekaDidAct View Post

http://i44.tinypic.com/2nitzr4.png
    Actually, there's going to be 20 more chapters of Fishman Island exploration and random parties.

We can dance if we want to...

Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    When does Oda ever clue towards anything? He's Mr. Unpredictable as it is so far. Not saying I agree with his crack pot theory either, but anything could happen.

Actually, there's going to be 20 more chapters of Fishman Island exploration and random parties.
    Which then culminates in Moria's epic return, allowing him to reveal his new awesome powers that he pushed himself to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Something inside me has just died
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

I'm sure everyone would be happy with 20 chapters dedicated to the Fishman Karate Dojo. Seemed that was all people could talk about this entire arc. "where is the dojo"

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    I'm sure everyone would be happy with 20 chapters dedicated to the Fishman Karate Dojo. Seemed that was all people could talk about this entire arc. "where is the dojo"
    The fatal flaw in world building is that you can only focus on so much when you're trying to tell a specific story. We saw Mirror Ball Island, too (albeit only in a cover story), but never saw Doskoi Panda HQ.

Someone needs to collaborate with Oda and make a One Piece thing like Pottermore when the series is finished. Or even an MMO, if MMO's still exist in 10+ years. It would allow Oda to expand on islands and places that he didn't have time for the Strawhats to visit while telling their story.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

The fatal flaw in world building is that you can only focus on so much when you're trying to tell a specific story. We saw Mirror Ball Island, too (albeit only in a cover story), but never saw Doskoi Panda HQ.

Someone needs to collaborate with Oda and make a One Piece thing like Pottermore when the series is finished. Or even an MMO, if MMO's still exist in 10+ years. It would allow Oda to expand on islands and places that he didn't have time for the Strawhats to visit while telling their story.
    Funny, I've been thinking the same thing. An MMORPG (or even just O-RPG) is the best way to capture OP in a game, u can travel through GL and the rest of the OP Verse following the exact same story from the manga (plus tons n tons of side quest). I really wish a game developer is planning to do this

Quote Originally Posted by BekaDidAct View Post

http://i44.tinypic.com/2nitzr4.png
    Hey...it could be worse,man...
    ...I mean,at least Boring ass Moria isn't in this arc...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information