+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 649: "The Bream and Flounder Dance"- Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 649: "The Bream and Flounder Dance"- Discussion

Thank Enel I don't check spoilers anymore, this week thread was so retarded.

Because every crewmember so far has joined almost immediately after being asked.

But on to the chapter, yeah that twist at the end was bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by rickfox View Post
    i think im missed something but since when a lightning-shaped scar is a requirement to join the crew?-----when did I say a lightning-shaped scar is a requirement to join the crew ?----- I simply point out fact when you take Jinbe as 2nd ViVi -----Vivi doesn't have a past history relevant to some lightning-shaped scar.

maybe he got the scar when a dark wizard try to kill him but the spell deflected because jimbei is covered by a shield made of his mother love. ----- you are not Oda,and are you make assumption that oda create Jinbe's scar(which still doesn't exist when that flahback story ends) for nothing?
    yes. but what does the scar got anything to do with anything? i think jimbei will become the 2nd vivi because they share the same position. they want to be in the crew but the cant at the moment and they hoped they can join later in the future. you suddenly talking about vivi doesnt have a lightning-shaped scar and i dont see any relation whatsoever so i dont really understand what you mean.

and sorry about the jimbei potter thing, i just cant help it.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

So Oda threw APforums a bone to quell the civil war.

He will join, BUT NOT ANY TIME SOON! WIN/LOSE, BITCHES!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

More importantly though, Shirahoshi being Poseidon is interesting. I wonder where Oda is going with this plot development.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

I will survive this hell! Kishido's Avatar

Strange chapter...

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Even if it's minimum, but the change in Luffy's character is nice. He's listening more now than he used to be.

And I agree with people who say that Shirahoshi will join now. Obviously staying 10000 meters under the sea isn't safe, so Luffy need to take her with him to where it is safe. The New World.

The only way I see Jinbe joining before the end of the arc is if what he needs to do isn't personal. Something that could be done quickly.
    Or no one will join.

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

I'm really unhappy with this chapter on several levels, and since I'll never get a chance to bitch about it on the air or anywhere else, I figure I'll post it:

Concerning the Jinbe decision, regardless of the decision you may want to be made, it's ultimately incredibly disappointing. The action and the drama all lead to Luffy making a relatively important decision about this. The tie-in to this resolving the wounds of Fishman Island in a more metaphorical sense makes this decision ultimately a profound disappointment by Oda. He's now literally taking the words out of his own mouth. It's as if the last chapter was sound and fury signifying nothing. Regardless of whether you like Jinbe or not, and I understand if you don't, it makes this whole arc seem far more meaningless to me. This makes the whole party scene directly after even more useless, and empty, in my opinion. The ultimate "reveal" at the end isn't all that surprising either, I think the theory has been floated around that Noah or Shirahoshi or some combination thereof was the ancient weapon Poseidon (which I know we mentioned at least a few times on the podcast). I feel like Oda dragged us back to Fishman Island solely for that confirmation at this point, and that's also a hallow narrative. Had Luffy just left, I think this would have been a more poignant chapter. The only thing staying could possibly solve is clearing up Sharley's prediction. Of course, my full opinions ride on what happens next chapter, but this was just let-down after let-down. This chapter was mixed the predictable with the unpredictably disappointing, and this is coming from someone who loves just about every chapter of One Piece.

Now I'm gonna get back to work.

now, is this time where Caribou kidnap Shirahoshi?
    IGN:TheBro 2191-7733-9582. Normal (Dunsparce, Teddiursa, Eevee)

Quote Originally Posted by DynamiteShikoku View Post
    yes. but what does the scar got anything to do with anything? i think jimbei will become the 2nd vivi because they share the same position. they want to be in the crew but the cant at the moment and they hoped they can join later in the future. you suddenly talking about vivi doesnt have a lightning-shaped scar and i dont see any relation whatsoever so i dont really understand what you mean.

and sorry about the jimbei potter thing, i just cant help it.
    yes. but what does the scar got anything to do with anything? ---December 7th, 2011 11:56 PM
    jinbe's story(that scar) is still waiting to be narrated and it may reinforce Jinbe's "Joining Isuue" if he indeed is Oda's choice

----------------------------------------

i think jimbei will become the 2nd vivi because they share the same position. they want to be in the crew but the cant at the moment and they hoped they can join later in the future. ----- Preston is a Pirate
    December 8th, 2011 12:21 AM

Vivi basically said she HOPED she could join again one day. Jinbe said he WOULD join.

Aaronrules380

Difference between Vivi and Jinbe though is that Jinbe basically said as soon as he wraps up a few loose ends he'll join. Vivi knows that the situation wouldn't allow for her to become a pirate, since her duty is essentially life long. Vivi gave an if statement, Jinbe gave a promise. Not to mention how after that all the SHs said they were going to wait for him to join

Whoa!

Interesting chapter here. Still no big Hody Comeback The rest of the arc is going exactly where I was hoping it would, Good times on Fishman Island! I'm hoping there's at least two more chapters like this.

So Shirahoshi is Poseidon? That's an interesting twist. I've just started Skypeia so I haven't seen that Poneglyph yet, but I have heard of Poseidon alright. Wonder where Oda is going with this?
    One Piece: A story about a band of pirates calling themselves "Nakama" on a hunt for a legendary treasure. A story that teaches important values of friendship, and this is why I really got into the story. I have fallen in love with Nico Robin, she is everything that I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    I'm really unhappy with this chapter on several levels, and since I'll never get a chance to bitch about it on the air or anywhere else, I figure I'll post it:

Concerning the Jinbe decision, regardless of the decision you may want to be made, it's ultimately incredibly disappointing. The action and the drama all lead to Luffy making a relatively important decision about this. The tie-in to this resolving the wounds of Fishman Island in a more metaphorical sense makes this decision ultimately a profound disappointment by Oda. He's now literally taking the words out of his own mouth. It's as if the last chapter was sound and fury signifying nothing. Regardless of whether you like Jinbe or not, and I understand if you don't, it makes this whole arc seem far more meaningless to me. This makes the whole party scene directly after even more useless, and empty, in my opinion. The ultimate "reveal" at the end isn't all that surprising either, I think the theory has been floated around that Noah or Shirahoshi or some combination thereof was the ancient weapon Poseidon (which I know we mentioned at least a few times on the podcast). I feel like Oda dragged us back to Fishman Island solely for that confirmation at this point, and that's also a hallow narrative. Had Luffy just left, I think this would have been a more poignant chapter. Of course, my full opinions ride on what happens next chapter, but this was just let-down after let-down. This chapter was mixed the predictable with the unpredictably disappointing, and this is coming from someone who loves just about every chapter of One Piece.

I honestly don't think recruiting Jinbei was the main thing in this arc and he didn't even say he doesn't join at all. The crew accepted him. lol, RAGE.

Concerning the Jinbe decision, regardless of the decision you may want to be made, it's ultimately incredibly disappointing. The action and the drama all lead to Luffy making a relatively important decision about this. The tie-in to this resolving the wounds of Fishman Island in a more metaphorical sense makes this decision ultimately a profound disappointment by Oda. He's now literally taking the words out of his own mouth. It's as if the last chapter was sound and fury signifying nothing. Regardless of whether you like Jinbe or not, and I understand if you don't, it makes this whole arc seem far more meaningless to me. This makes the whole party scene directly after even more useless, and empty, in my opinion. The ultimate "reveal" at the end isn't all that surprising either, I think the theory has been floated around that Noah or Shirahoshi or some combination thereof was the ancient weapon Poseidon (which I know we mentioned at least a few times on the podcast). I feel like Oda dragged us back to Fishman Island solely for that confirmation at this point, and that's also a hallow narrative. Had Luffy just left, I think this would have been a more poignant chapter. The only thing staying could possibly solve is clearing up Sharley's prediction. Of course, my full opinions ride on what happens next chapter, but this was just let-down after let-down. This chapter was mixed the predictable with the unpredictably disappointing, and this is coming from someone who loves just about every chapter of One Piece.

Well I guess I agree with you, I already said last week that I would be pissed if Jinbe scene was for nothing but he did accept and the crew accepted him and he made the promise.

The point of the wasn't that though but the whole blood transfusion scene was the culmination of what happened in the whole arc and yes it makes is lackluster for him not to join right now.

So I guess I can support it, plus the end of the chapter was pretty awesome which helps.

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

Well, this makes the idea of all the Ultimate Weapons being ships be null and void.

I do enjoy the idea that it is possible that Blackbeard got his hands on a weapon now... and it kind of fits, you have a super sized ship, a super sized mermaid, and a super-sized/strong devil fruit.

I could also theorize that it could also be the reason for that particular devil fruit that it was transferable... it is just a theory.

But like stated above, I did find the whole chapter to be a bit disappointing aside from the Poseidon reveal.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoralSnake View Post
    ..Take that Sanji fan girls! Some ugly evil clown is destroying your Zoro vs Sanji match!! MWAHAHAH xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm View Post
    No. This thread has just the right amount of bile and angst.

I'M GETTIN' MONEY, NIGGA Zkaiser's Avatar

That's a bit dramatic.
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal:N/A

I liked this chapter a whole lot more than the last few ones. But I admit I have a heavy preference for chapters where the story moves on and resolution are told.
    The kind of feel that I got when I read the Shirahoshi reveal actually left me with a lot of mixed feelings.
    I believed for a long time that she would stay and protect fishmen island with her powers but now I'm not so sure anymore...

How exactly are they supposed to keep Hodi Jones in prison? Zoro busted out so I can't see their jail holding hodi especially since now he is permanently buffed up. Disappointed that Oda isn't going to show us the bad effects of using so much E.S. It's Iva and his hormones all over again. Made to be a big deal taking them twice but the negatives are never shown. Sadly I feel Oda really will leave it that E.S. just made the NFP permanently weak and move on.

Well, it seems entirely superfluous now, but I did a translation too... bleh.

Spoiler:
    "649: Dance of the Bream and Flounder"Coverstory: Skypiea- This year's blessings and God's grace. God meets with the village chief.

Human Pirates: "Whoa! Alright! We're free! Hody's group is done!"

"Strawhat crew! We owe you one!"

Minister of the Left: "Their grudge against Hody... won't now be aimed at us...?"
    Neptune: "If that's the case, we'll see..."
    "but this island was originally a place for pirates to rest and sightsee... they have no particular reason to stay."

"Anyway, as for the remnants of the New Fishman Pirates..."

Fishman Pirates: "Ehhh!! Don't take our heads!"
    "We had no idea that Hody killed the queen! Those guys were insane! We're serious!"

Neptune: "I will allow you all to remain living here on the main island."

Pirate A: "What? Live here? Under the rule of law?"
    Pirate B: "Well isn't that better than being under Hody's control?"

Citizens: "Please don't, King! You're going to let these guys prowl our streets?"
    "I'll be afraid to let my kids out of the house!"

Neptune: "Of course, they'll work under control of the military... they will serve a sentence of penal servitude."
    "All of that excess brute strength will be put to good use,"
    "and from today, that unsightly Fishman District will be"
    "completed blockaded off!"

[The true assassin of the queen]
    [he would suddenly appear in the light as the darkness of the fishman race.]
    [The plan of the pirate Hody Jones to invade Fishman Island]
    [was miraculously prevented by the human pirate crew stopping by the island]

Neptune: "Oi, where's Strawhat Luffy?"
    Fukaboshi: "Errr... that is to say.... he ran away."
    Neptune: "Ran away!?"

Shirahoshi: "Why did you all decide to flee from the plaza?"
    Zoro: "Don't be stupid. After being made to fight out in the open like that..."
    "If we stayed in that plaza we'd be erected as heroes."
    "Just thinking about it gives me the chills."

Shirahoshi: "So you don't want to be heroes?"

Zoro: "A hero is the kind of person who'd hand out all of your booze."
    "I just want to drink it myself!"
    Nami: "What sort of absurd reasoning is that?!"

Luffy: "Why'd you turn me down Jinbe?"
    "Let's go have adventures!"
    Usopp: "Yeah! Join us, boss!"
    Chopper: "It'd be reassuring to have a former Shichibukai!"
    "But Luffy, you've absolutely got to rest now."

"I'm sure it would be great to go out to sea with you guys,"
    "...but I've still got work to do!"
    "I've got my current position. Leaving it now was only temporary."
    "Once I've fulfilled my duties, as a man must,"
    "I promise to come to you guys at some point."
    "If at that time you still feel the way you do now,"
    "Invite me once more, Strawhat Crew!"

Luffy: "For sure, you!"

Sanji: "Hey hey this is no time to be cajoling a man who can speak of such duty."
    Robin: "I'm really fond of this one."
    Brooke: "Yohoho."
    Franky: "A man who could win over Luffy... we'll all be waiting, Jinbe!"

Jinbe: "Mmm... yes, thank you."

Zoro: "Ok then. We off to the New World just like this?"
    Shirahoshi: "Wh-what? You won't be staying on the island at all?"
    "Please let us thank you?

Sanji: "Alright! Let's stay a week or two at the Mermaid Cafe!"
    Usopp: "That's just like you! I mean I agree, but!!!"

Soldiers: "We've kept you waiting, Strawhats!"
    "King Neptune- we've caught up to them."

Neptune: "Oh I see."

"Luffy kun! We'll settle our debt by hosting a feast for you!"

Luffy: "A feast~~~!"
    "Okay! Let's go get Hachi and Keimie"

[Fishman District]
    [Blocked off!!!!]
    [Ryuuguu Palace: Prison Tower]
    [New Fishman Pirates Leaders, as well as Vander Decken]
    [Imprisoned]

[Front Entrance to Fishman Island]
    Soldiers: "Krakken! Please! To a far off sea!"
    "We don't have a jail big enough for you, Wadatsumi!"
    "From now on you're banished!"

[Coral Hills]

Citizen: "Were you able to get a lot?"
    "A ton!"
    "Get it to the palace! They're throwing a huge feast for Strawhat!"
    "Alright leave it to me!"
    "I've heard that sea monster meat is their favorite"
    "Send cakes and sweets too!"
    "Will there be enough alcohol? Send enough for them to bathe in! And of the highest quality!"

[Ryuuguu Palace]

Neptune: "Well met! Luffy and comrades!"
    "In any case, let's talk during the banquet. Please ride their on these Long Flouders."

Nami: "A room with pitch-black water!"

Keimie: "Is it really alright for us to be here? I'm so nervous..."
    Hachi: "Nyuu this is my first time here!"

Luffy: "What kind of meat is this?"

Soldier: "Oh! The hero has appeared!"
    Luffy: "Shut up! Don't say "hero"! I'm here for the meat!"

Robin: "It's packed with soldiers down there."
    Shirahoshi: "Luffy and friends- look towards the stage!"

Luffy: "Stage?"
    Usopp: "Who's coming out!?"

Soldier: "It's our island's pride! Ocean floor diva Maria Napolle!"
    Maria: "Aahhh-aahh-ahhh-ahhhhh"
    Nami: "Kyaa! What's with this enchanting voice?"
    Brook: "It moves my very soul!"

Soldier: "Swing jazz orchestra!"
    "And some special guests!"
    "So beautiful that men forget to breathe!"

Sanji: "Uuoooo!"
    Chopper: "Calm down!"

Soldiers: "The mermaid cafe dancers!!"

Sanji: "Kyaa!"
    Chopper: "Shut it!"

4 pages of scenes of the banquet, without dialogue
    Everyone is eating and drinking noisily

Neptune: "Hick! What did you want to discuss, pirate girl?"
    Robin: "Pardon, but I was thinking we could be alone for a bit?"
    Neptune: "Ehh! Listen up- I pledged to love my wife Otohime for the entirety of my life."
    "Even if she's gone I won't betray her."
    Robin: "Who is Joy Boy?"

Neptune: "!!?"
    Robin: "I read the poneglyph in the Sea Forest."
    "Just who was he apologizing too, and for what?"

Neptune: "So you can read it... that thing..."
    Robin: "I'm the survivor of Ohara. You don't have to say anything you don't want to."

Neptune: "No, I'll tell you, as long as it's you bunch."

Neptune: "Joy Boy was a real man who lived up above during the Void Century."
    Robin: "So at least 800 years ago..."

Neptune: "That message was meant to address the mermaid princess of this island at the time."
    "It was an apology for breaking a promise to Fishman Island."

Robin: "A promise?"
    Neptune: "Without getting into the details...
    "...at any rate someone is bound to appear who will fulfill the promise in lieu of Joy Boy."
    "That's the legend passed down the royal line."
    "We believe that that day will come, so generation after generation we continue to watch over Noah. That's OUR promise to him."
    "The time will come when the ark Noah will be given its first mission."

Robin: "Today, after all the fighting up above was done with, I heard that the half-destroyed Noah was carried off to the Sea Forest."
    "Yes, by the Sea Kings."
    "Joy Boy, who tried to use Noah... I wonder if he had the power to control Sea Kings."
    Neptune: "No. That power belonged to that former mermaid princess."

Robin: "Of course... so... Princess Shirahoshi also has that ability?"
    Neptune: "Mmmm... I daresay that, today, it was fully awakened."
    "I'm not too happy about it..."

Robin: "I understand."
    "Two years ago... I read a poneglyph on Sky Island that pointed to the whereabouts of an ancient weapon."
    "It surely indicated that it was here."
    "Joy Boy lived during the same age as that mermaid princess."
    "I wonder if she was possibly called as such..."
    "In short, Shirahoshi, who has that same power,"
    "has inherited that name"
    "She... one more name for her is,"
    "the ancient weapon, 'Poseidon.'"
    Last edited by CCC; December 7th, 2011 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickfox View Post
    yes. but what does the scar got anything to do with anything? ---December 7th, 2011 11:56 PM
    jinbe's story(that scar) is still waiting to be narrated and it may reinforce Jinbe's "Joining Isuue" if he indeed is Oda's choice

----------------------------------------

i think jimbei will become the 2nd vivi because they share the same position. they want to be in the crew but the cant at the moment and they hoped they can join later in the future. ----- Preston is a Pirate
    December 8th, 2011 12:21 AM

Vivi basically said she HOPED she could join again one day. Jinbe said he WOULD join.

Aaronrules380

Difference between Vivi and Jinbe though is that Jinbe basically said as soon as he wraps up a few loose ends he'll join. Vivi knows that the situation wouldn't allow for her to become a pirate, since her duty is essentially life long. Vivi gave an if statement, Jinbe gave a promise. Not to mention how after that all the SHs said they were going to wait for him to join
    ok ok. i got it. i was just confused because you emphasize on the scar rather than the jimbei story/flashback and yes, i know you want to say that the story should be about the scar.

but then again, after i saw the scene in this chapter, i dont think jimbei will finish his duty before the crews leave the island. i also dont think that luffy will comeback to fishman island. so, i dont really see the chance for jimbei to join. i would love him to join, but the situation shows otherwise. at least for me.

as jimbei being the 2nd vivi, the main thing is i think jimbei will be an ally rather than an actual crew of the straw hats, just like vivi.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post

Spoiler:
    "649: Dance of the Bream and Flounder"Coverstory: Skypiea- This year's blessings and God's grace. God meets with the village chief.

Human Pirates: "Whoa! Alright! We're free! Hody's group is done!"

"Strawhat crew! We owe you one!"

Minister of the Left: "Their grudge against Hody... won't now be aimed at us...?"
    Neptune: "If that's the case, we'll see..."
    "but this island was originally a place for pirates to rest and sightsee... they have no particular reason to stay."

"Anyway, as for the remnants of the New Fishman Pirates..."

Fishman Pirates: "Ehhh!! Don't take our heads!"
    "We had no idea that Hody killed the queen! Those guys were insane! We're serious!"

Neptune: "I will allow you all to remain living here on the main island."

Pirate A: "What? Live here? Under the rule of law?"
    Pirate B: "Well isn't that better than being under Hody's control?"

Citizens: "Please don't, King! You're going to let these guys prowl our streets?"
    "I'll be afraid to let me kids out of the house!"

Neptune: "Of course, they'll work under control of the military... they will serve a sentence of penal servitude."
    "All of that excess brute strength will be put to good use,"
    "and from today, that unsightly Fishman District will be"
    "completed blockaded off!"

[The true assassin of the queen]
    [he would suddenly appear in the light as the darkness of the fishman race.]
    [The plan of the pirate Hody Jones to invade Fishman Island]
    [was miraculously prevented by the human pirate crew stopping by the island]

Neptune: "Oi, where's Strawhat Luffy?"
    Fukaboshi: "Errr... that is to say.... he ran away."
    Neptune: "Ran away!?"

Shirahoshi: "Why did you all decide to flee from the plaza?"
    Zoro: "Don't be stupid. After being made to fight out in the open like that..."
    "If we stayed in that plaza we'd be erected as heroes."
    "Just thinking about it gives me the chills."

Shirahoshi: "So you don't want to be heroes?"

Zoro: "A hero is the kind of person who'd hand out all of your booze."
    "I just want to drink it myself!"
    Nami: "What sort of absurd reasoning is that?!"

Luffy: "Why'd you turn me down Jinbe?"
    "Let's go have adventures!"
    Usopp: "Yeah! Join us, boss!"
    Chopper: "It'd be reassuring to have a former Shichibukai!"
    "But Luffy, you've absolutely got to rest now."

"I'm sure it would be great to go out to sea with you guys,"
    "...but I've still got work to do!"
    "There's this whole situation, now! We've only just started..."
    "Once I've fulfilled my duties, as a man must,"
    "I promise to come to you guys at some point."
    "If at that time you still feel the way you do now,"
    "Invite me once more, Strawhat Crew!"

Luffy: "For sure, you!"

Sanji: "Hey hey this is no time to be cajoling a man who can speak of such duty."
    Robin: "I'm really fond of this one."
    Brooke: "Yohoho."
    Franky: "A man who could win over Luffy... we'll all be waiting, Jinbe!"

Jinbe: "Mmm... yes, thank you."

Zoro: "Ok then. We off to the New World just like this?"
    Shirahoshi: "Wh-what? You won't be staying on the island at all?"
    "Please let us thank you?

Sanji: "Alright! Let's stay a week or two at the Mermaid Cafe!"
    Usopp: "That's just like you! I mean I agree, but!!!"

Soldiers: "We've kept you waiting, Strawhats!"
    "King Neptune- we've caught up to them."

Neptune: "Oh I see."

"Luffy kun! We'll settle our debt by hosting a feast for you!"

Luffy: "A feast~~~!"
    "Okay! Let's go get Hachi and Keimie"

[Fishman District]
    [Blocked off!!!!]
    [Ryuuguu Palace: Prison Tower]
    [New Fishman Pirates Leaders, as well as Vander Decken]
    [Imprisoned]

[Front Entrance to Fishman Island]
    Soldiers: "Krakken! Please! To a far off sea!"
    "We don't have a jail big enough for you, Wadatsumi!"
    "From now on you're banished!"

[Coral Hills]

Citizen: "Were you able to get a lot?"
    "A ton!"
    "Get it to the palace! They're throwing a huge feast for Strawhat!"
    "Alright leave it to me!"
    "I've heard that sea monster meat is their favorite"
    "Send cakes and sweets too!"
    "Will there be enough alcohol? Send enough for them to bathe in! And of the highest quality!"

[Ryuuguu Palace]

Neptune: "Well met! Luffy and comrades!"
    "In any case, let's talk during the banquet. Please ride their on these Long Flouders."

Nami: "A room with pitch-black water!"

Keimie: "Is it really alright for us to be here? I'm so nervous..."
    Hachi: "Nyuu this is my first time here!"

Luffy: "What kind of meat is this?"

Soldier: "Oh! The hero has appeared!"
    Luffy: "Shut up! Don't say "hero"! I'm here for the meat!"

Robin: "It's packed with soldiers down there."
    Shirahoshi: "Luffy and friends- look towards the stage!"

Luffy: "Stage?"
    Usopp: "Who's coming out!?"

Soldier: "It's our island's pride! Ocean floor diva Maria Napolle!"
    Maria: "Aahhh-aahh-ahhh-ahhhhh"
    Nami: "Kyaa! What's with this enchanting voice?"
    Brook: "It moves my very soul!"

Soldier: "Swing jazz orchestra!"
    "And some special guests!"
    "So beautiful that men forget to breathe!"

Sanji: "Uuoooo!"
    Chopper: "Calm down!"

Soldiers: "The mermaid cafe dancers!!"

Sanji: "Kyaa!"
    Chopper: "Shut it!"

4 pages of scenes of the banquet, without dialogue
    Everyone is eating and drinking noisily

Neptune: "Hick! What did you want to discuss, pirate girl?"
    Robin: "Pardon, but I was thinking we could be alone for a bit?"
    Neptune: "Ehh! Listen up- I pledged to love my wife Otohime for the entirety of my life."
    "Even if she's gone I won't betray her."
    Robin: "Who is Joy Boy?"

Neptune: "!!?"
    Robin: "I read the poneglyph in the Sea Forest."
    "Just who was he apologizing too, and for what?"

Neptune: "So you can read it... that thing..."
    Robin: "I'm the survivor of Ohara. You don't have to say anything you don't want to."

Neptune: "No, I'll tell you, as long as it's you bunch."

Neptune: "Joy Boy was a real man who lived up above during the Void Century."
    Robin: "So at least 800 years ago..."

Neptune: "That message was meant to address the mermaid princess of this island at the time."
    "It was an apology for breaking a promise to Fishman Island."

Robin: "A promise?"
    Neptune: "Without getting into the details...
    "...at any rate someone is bound to appear who will fulfill the promise in lieu of Joy Boy."
    "That's the legend passed down the royal line."
    "We believe that that day will come, so generation after generation we continue to watch over Noah. That's OUR promise to him."
    "The time will come when the ark Noah will be given its first mission."

Robin: "Today, after all the fighting up above was done with, I heard that the half-destroyed Noah was carried off to the Sea Forest."
    "Yes, by the Sea Kings."
    "Joy Boy, who tried to use Noah... I wonder if he had the power to control Sea Kings."
    Neptune: "No. That power belonged to that former mermaid princess."

Robin: "Of course... so... Princess Shirahoshi also has that ability?"
    Neptune: "Mmmm... I daresay that, today, it was fully awakened."
    "I'm not too happy about it..."

Robin: "I understand."
    "Two years ago... I read a poneglyph on Sky Island that pointed to the whereabouts of an ancient weapon."
    "It surely indicated that it was here."
    "Joy Boy lived during the same age as that mermaid princess."
    "I wonder if she was possibly called as such..."
    "In short, Shirahoshi, who has that same power,"
    "has inherited that name"
    "She... one more name for her is,"
    "the ancient weapon, 'Poseidon.'"
    Hooray! The one chapter thread with 2 and a half different alternate translations!

No, really. I'm embarrassed by what I got. I meant to do some additional fine tuning, but I noticed I was moving too slowly and hurried to post. Ugh, I shouldn't have stayed up. I feel just awful...
    Avatar by しろくま on Pixiv; Compass Birds pic trimmed by yours truly ->

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    How exactly are they supposed to keep Hodi Jones in prison? Zoro busted out so I can't see their jail holding hodi especially since now he is permanently buffed up. Disappointed that Oda isn't going to show us the bad effects of using so much E.S. It's Iva and his hormones all over again. Made to be a big deal taking them twice but the negatives are never shown. Sadly I feel Oda really will leave it that E.S. just made the NFP permanently weak and move on.
    I also am heavily disappointed about the E.S. they didn't really add to this arc. Maybe the origin of them becomes relevant again later but oh well there could have been done a lot more with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    thanks it's appreciated (at least by me) :)

Quote Originally Posted by rubia_ryu View Post
    Ugh, I shouldn't have stayed up. I feel just awful...
    Ha ha same here. I'm gonna be dead on my feet tomorrow and when my students ask why, I'll just be like, "Oh, just translating One Piece, you know."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information