+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 651 : "The Voice From The New World"

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 651 : "The Voice From The New World"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Saturday View Post
    You didn't see who -- or what, she ate. For all you know, her true devil fruit powers are bringing inanimate objects to life. Which she uses on her food. This could be the "tea party" she's looking forward to: she literally invites her food to dine with her before eating it. I doubt her crew would genuinely care for her like they do if she ate them at random.

I'm also more sure than ever there's some connection between her and Bonney. Appetite and themes: Bonney's ship looks like cake and an ice cream cone.
    I actually like that idea of a devil fruit, as having a cannibalistic character seems weird in a series that makes a point of not killing people who don't absolutely have to die. I agree that if she was actually just eating her crew at random, there's no way she could have survived in the new world, let alone become a Yonkou for any stretch of time. No one would willingly follow her. She couldn't even be using fear or intimidation--the whole principle of that is "Do what I want or you'll die", and if your options are running away or risking being eaten on a whim, I don't think anyone would pick the latter.

Im Yang Bu Tek Cin Keng dewagila's Avatar

hmmm ... from current situation ...
    it seems the next fight is all about food. :/

luffy: being a pirate means never share your food
    big mom: being a pirate means can eat any food she wants

can't wait to see further of the meeting between luffy and big mom.
    ---
    gomu gomu no ...

But we all know Luffy'll pick risking being eaten on a whim. He declared war on Big Mom, so why would he run away after declaring war on her?

Anyway, I like the idea about Big Mom and her having a devil fruit that bring inanimate objects to life too. Beside, did the chapter even said that she ate her own crew? For all we know, she could had just been eating an enemy or whatever.

Someone posted this on reddit, and haven't seen it mentioned here.

One of the pirates following Bobbin looks like the hooded member of the Kidd pirates.
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/651/10

I though so when I read it but I think its just coincidence.

Credits to Chrissie for the signature and Nia for the avatar
    Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru

So far we've seen "Big Mom" twice and "Big Mam" once.

Big Mom it is then.

Awesome chapter (redundant by now, I know)! This was one hell of a Christmas present, and it ends 2011 with a bang. Can't wait to see what Oda has in store for us next...

3DS FC: 3282-3147-1316
    NNID: Mugen_Metroid

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Cake Cake fruit for Big Mom.
    While I'm sure you're being facetious, it wouldn't make sense that she'd get upset that Luffy offered her money and she refused saying it tasted bad if she had a fruit that could turn anything into delicious cake. Again, (and it's even in my signature) I think Oda gave some pretty strong hints what her fruit is. It's like how when Crocodile was introduced, we saw him wither that flower. Same thing here. The direct reference to stomach acid, the smoke/gas coming from her mouth, and the constant salivating... Unless Oda does a huge twist, it's a pretty sure bet.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

The first read of this chapter was hard cause Oda sprinkling French phrases in Tomogens lines...

But I guess his way of talking,by saying Bon,as in Bon-nichiwa is a pun on Konichiwa(hello) abd the translator kept it in.

Also,when he calls Luffy 'half-boiled' I guess it's also a pun on his egg theme,and he's calling Luffy an Idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
    Btw. How Long before "three eyed sad looking girl for Nakama posts" begin?
    2-3 people have beat you to it pages back
    An angry Dragon may eat you, but an an angry Woman is truly dangerous

Spoiler:

Calling it now, Caribou is not actually dead/defeated whatever. What we saw beside the treasure was merely a "mud Clone"

Also I was a little confused, isn't the 3-eyed girl and Big Mam the same person? We saw in the Water 7 preview of the Yonkou, Big Mam's silhouette had 3 eyes...

Maybe Big Mom DF power is giving life to inanimated things (or maybe only sweets) And those who were eaten out of camera were reanimated candymen.

I know, it's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by kagehisa View Post
    Calling it now, Caribou is not actually dead/defeated whatever. What we saw beside the treasure was merely a "mud Clone"

Also I was a little confused, isn't the 3-eyed girl and Big Mam the same person? We saw in the Water 7 preview of the Yonkou, Big Mam's silhouette had 3 eyes...
    I was actually considering that too reading it the first time. Not sure what to think now. Guess not. But I don't know.

Either way; man, I do love these setting up chapters so. damn. much. Great storywriting.

Well, I have to say Oda really did a great job here. I honestly haven't enjoyed One Piece since the end of the Shabondy arc, but this broke that spell. Really excited for One Piece for the first time in years.

These few chaps made me think of the end of Ennis Lobby,where we leaned so much about how te world works.I love these omnious,plot building chapters.

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

Actually, it doesn't have to be her DF power (to make inanimate things alive). That could be what the 3-eyed girl does and she just feeds them to Linin.

Also, could both "Big Mam" and "Big Mom" be correct? "Big Mom" is what her crew could call her, while "Big Mam" is what other people could call her.

Quote Originally Posted by kagehisa View Post
    No she didn't. That was cheek highlight. The nose is casting a shadow, is all. If it was a third eye, it'd be waaay higher up and centered. Its just cheek.

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Omg Big Mom kinda looks like Vasco Shot
    I guess this is leading up to the next arc :D

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    Also, could both "Big Mam" and "Big Mom" be correct? "Big Mom" is what her crew could call her, while "Big Mam" is what other people could call her.
    No, because the Japanese Katakana used is the same regardless of who is talking about her.

zoro laughing his ass off in panel 2 on page 15 XD XD XD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information