+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 651 : "The Voice From The New World"

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 651 : "The Voice From The New World"

I gotta reread some things, cause I got the impression that Big Mam was Lola's mom. She seems a bit too monstrous for that. Also Nami's gonna be pissed.

Brilliant chap, oda at his best again. Whats will all the DBZ homage this week?

Just got stared at for going EHHHH WHAT LUFFY at the end.

@silverblade:Damn straight.

ps: Lol at Kidd sinking Yonkou ships left and right. Fun colourspread my favorite character design is Baron tamago's.
    Big Mam I dn't know what to make out of her what IS she lol, looking forward to seeing her full design beyond all the cakes and candies
    she is a ruthless pirate.
    Last edited by dasia; December 26th, 2011 at 07:50 AM.

Meh. Not a fan of Pekoms' design. Baron Tamago looks pretty cool tho. I'm digging the random French he's throwing around. Bobbin looks really weird. Three-eyed girl is cute, though she looks a tad stressed. Big Mam is a hottie.

THEY NEED TO HURRY AND GET TO WHOLE CAKE ISLAND. Gosh it looks yummy.

Luffy is awesome at the end of the chapter, yadda yadda.

Damn. Not so impressed with that Animal spread. Why don't they just add 'Coming soon to a store near you!' on it? Although I suppose it's to counter all those people who saw the figures and immediately wondered why they were putting random animals in the crew's clothes instead of what Oda said the crew resembled.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

WHAT THE HELL? Did Big Mam just eat her own subordinates? O_O

Out of Big Mam's four subordinates that were shown, I liked Tamago's design the best.

Oh, and classic Luffy snatching den-den mushis and answering calls not meant for him lol.

Great chapter.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Big Mom is truthfully barbaric. My bet is that she hails from Elbaf, Saul spoke of their deranged behavior back in Ohara. I love how Oda confirms Blackbeard as the new emperor and then one chapter later has Luffy start protecting an island using only his name, something that will be a reoccurring theme for the rest of the manga. I really hope Luffy will never have to actually protect any of these islands in person.

Big Mom probably has stomach acid powers, perhaps even a stomach acid devil fruit. Perhaps she got kicked out of Elbalf because she ate a devil fruit, san act that Broggy called disgusting (think of her as the giant version of Van Der Decken).

THE BEST CRISTMAS GIFT, THANK YOU ODA

Luffy just did it.

The problem here is that Luffy's name doesn't really hold that much weight compared to the Yonkous, so him making FI his turf is kind of pointless, even after defeating a Yonkou. He doesn't have a fleet or numerous subordinates.

A boy has become a man.

The size of Luffy's balls makes Teach envious of their gravitational force.

Reliant Robin Enthusiast mr.french's Avatar

Interesting chapter. Big Mam truly looks like a monster... I tried my best to figure out what her form is. It looks strange, but I'm sure it's devil fruit related. I get the feeling that she's not Lola's mother. This works out for the best, and now that we know she's evil oriented, it makes it more exciting. I was worried she would be Lola's mother, and an ally for Luffy.

Well, it looks like Luffy will leave FI in the next few chapters. Big Mam wants Luffy to come to her, which is good. I wonder what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    Big Mom's face kinda looks like that witch from the Spirited away. And al of her crew members seems to be quite strange...
    I had the exact same thought.

He went and did it ...
    He said he only cared about freedom, but he really is going to conquer the Grand Line. I guess he'll be taking bits from each except Shanks maybe and Shanks will just get under Luffy towards the end.

I'm not happy never Because of the shape Big Mam
    Is there anyone who agrees with me
    The caribou really Will be the next member

For anyone interested in seeing more of those animal figurines
    http://p-bandai.jp/contents/onetama/

They seem to 5,775 yen each, so if i have current exchange rates right, I think its currently about 100 yen to 1.3 dollars, so they're about 75 bucks each, before shipping. (Tanuki Chopper's is slightly less at 4,725, about 60 bucks) Yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    I gotta reread some things, cause I got the impression that Big Mam was Lola's mom.
    There was NEVER anything saying that. That's what the fandom collectively decided the instant Lola said her mom was a strong pirate in the new world. There's never been anything to hint that her mother was Big Mam.

It could still absolutely happen, thats the kind of understatement Oda does to foreshadow all the time, but for now, there's no facts behind it. Pure speculation.
    3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

Disappointed that Caribou ended up as nothing. Much like VDD. All hype that he'll actually be something and then nothing.

Big Mom reminds me of Vasco Shot in drag.
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

Luffy hasn't reached the New World yet and he's already declared war on one of the 4 emperors: me like it :)

HTC - Hoje Tive C

Quote Originally Posted by mr.french View Post
    Interesting chapter. Big Mam truly looks like a monster... I tried my best to figure out what her form is. It looks strange, but I'm sure it's devil fruit related. I get the feeling that she's not Lola's mother. This works out for the best, and now that we know she's evil oriented, it makes it more exciting. I was worried she would be Lola's mother, and an ally for Luffy.

Well, it looks like Luffy will leave FI in the next few chapters. Big Mam wants Luffy to come to her, which is good. I wonder what's next?
    It could still happen that she becomes his ally. When you look at this picture here (middle picture at the bottom) you can see that Big Mam's lipstick (or its form) slightly resembles Lola's.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Disappointed that Caribou ended up as nothing. Much like VDD. All hype that he'll actually be something and then nothing.

Big Mom reminds me of Vasco Shot in drag.
    Caribou's part in the story did not end. He overheard Neptune and Robin's conversation about Shirahoshi, Oda did not make that scene for show.

She looks completely different from that shaded image of her we have from post Enies Lobby.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information