+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 651 : "The Voice From The New World"

Default Re: Chapter 651 : "The Voice From The New World"

So we know Big mom is stupid powerful but just to give a hint. Marco would probably brutalize Luffy and and admiral would do the same to Marco....and a Yonkou would probably (and has) fucked up an admiral. Though it's not surprising Luffy always jumps into battles with people stronger than him only to grow immensely before fighting that person. We might finally get some sea battles! This is promising to be the most epic showdown since Luffy beat Crocodile.

Quote Originally Posted by "Fire Fist" Ace View Post
    No, we have a good number of hints. She drools a lot, she mentions stomach acid, and when she opens her mouth to eat her subordinate, we see smoke or gas come out of her mouth. Those all are good hints from Oda.
    ...Good point. Some power involving stomach acid would definitely be interesting to see in action.

2014 Tournament Picks: Nami, Hancock, Vivi, Jinbei, Bartolomeo, Fujitora, Caesar
    3DS Friend Code: 2294-4465-2602 / NNID: MetaDash
    (thanks to Shuhan and Hiroy for Dash pic)

its probably an acid logia. for her to be an emperor she has to have some broken ass power. i don't think we've seen a girl fighter in one piece that was powerful and didn't use a devil fruit so shanks seems to be the only emperor that doesn't have a devil fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    It's hard to tell what kind of power Big Mam could possess (and by power, I mean DF and/or Haki), so I'm eager to see more of her.
    My prediction is that she has a cake logia DF fruit called the Cake Cake Fruit. Na in all seriousness I'm with everyone else on the stomach acid prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    First of all, let me just say.....the colorspread was awesome.

Second, the hits keep coming?! Good to see Caribou's really knocked out (jeez, Luffy and co got tons of treasure), and the Big Mam minions, Pekoms and Baron.....they look pretty cool. But dear god, the page with Big Mam in the shadows was actually really creepy. (wait, does she have a girl with three eyes in her crew?)
    I was hoping to see a Triclops and I bet she happens to be Tiens long lost sister.

Good chapter. Big Mom scares me a little...and when Luffy gets FI as his turf would that mean FI has to make 10 tons of meat every month?

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Very interesting. I loved Luffy's hardcore moment. And I also really really love that he is going to war with Big Mom. I think she might be the weakest of the Yonko. Well not that weak since apart from Whitebeard I doubt the other have that much difference in power levels but I think the primary source of her power might be her Devil Fruit and not any strength or skill she has(kinda like Moria but much more powerful ability). And I wouldn't be surprised if her crew is similar to Shanks. A small compact crew of powerful fighters travelling with her at all times. This would make sense if Strawhats are to fight them and also would explain why Kidd manged to sink two of their ships and this actually hurt them(if her crew is like Shanks then those working for her could be simple low rated pirates who simply gather tribute rather then powerful commanders in their own right like with Whitebeard)

In any case I really rally want to see this fight. And I would so love if we don't get a huge filler and get to the actual war in just 10-15 chapters

I had this weird feeling that Big Mam had the ability to turn any object or living things into "food"...And first time we saw Pekoms and his eyes, kinda reminds me of Bepo, maybe Pekoms had any connection to him?And love Tamago, I believe he is the first 'Long Leg' character to appear in One Piece since his tribe is mentioned/listed in the Auction list in Sabaody Arc.

No, we have a good number of hints. She drools a lot, she mentions stomach acid, and when she opens her mouth to eat her subordinate, we see smoke or gas come out of her mouth. Those all are good hints from Oda.
    That's like saying we knew Shurohige's power because he used a bisento. I mean she still has haki no doubt a tremendous amount of physical strength and judging by her size she may be the fastest OP charcter since Lucky roux.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnchild View Post
    Very interesting. I loved Luffy's hardcore moment. And I also really really love that he is going to war with Big Mom. I think she might be the weakest of the Yonko. Well not that weak since apart from Whitebeard I doubt the other have that much difference in power levels but I think the primary source of her power might be her Devil Fruit and not any strength or skill she has(kinda like Moria but much more powerful ability). And I wouldn't be surprised if her crew is similar to Shanks. A small compact crew of powerful fighters travelling with her at all times. This would make sense if Strawhats are to fight them and also would explain why Kidd manged to sink two of their ships and this actually hurt them(if her crew is like Shanks then those working for her could be simple low rated pirates who simply gather tribute rather then powerful commanders in their own right like with Whitebeard)

In any case I really rally want to see this fight. And I would so love if we don't get a huge filler and get to the actual war in just 10-15 chapters
    heh i would prefer luffy going to some island controlled by kaidou and then making an enemy of him too. i highly doubt luffy goes to the new world and right off the bat goes to battle her. he will eventually cross paths but that's after a while. no way it will go exactly like we think it will.

My God the character designs 0_O I fucking love them, I can't understand how people could say one piece doesn't have good art, look at this, and it's so much more interesting then just normal people, and I'm sure they'll be epic characters

Luffy and Kidd team up would be pretty awesome, or a luffy, kidd, law team up, oh Jesus it sounds so awesome!!! I can't stop reading this chapter

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by ON2BetterThangz View Post
    So we know Big mom is stupid powerful but just to give a hint. Marco would probably brutalize Luffy and and admiral would do the same to Marco....and a Yonkou would probably (and has) fucked up an admiral. Though it's not surprising Luffy always jumps into battles with people stronger than him only to grow immensely before fighting that person. We might finally get some sea battles! This is promising to be the most epic showdown since Luffy beat Crocodile.
    where is was seen that an admiral brutalized marco ? he fought at least equally to all admirals
    You can't take the king on your first turn

Quote Originally Posted by Otters11 View Post
    Big Mom's face kinda looks like that witch from the Spirited away. And al of her crew members seems to be quite strange...
    This. I had the same feeling.
    Good design choice. Thriller Bark part 2 albeit in a opposite direction. Spirited Away is close.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    It could still happen that she becomes his ally. When you look at this picture here (middle picture at the bottom) you can see that Big Mam's lipstick (or its form) slightly resembles Lola's.
    Yes, definitely Lola's mom and her vivre card will have a role after their fight I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwlduke View Post
    Big Mom and her crew give me a kind of 'Alice in Wonderland' vibe. Very interesting, lets see where this leads mm?
    Alice in the Wonderland, Tea Party? Hm... reminds me of One Piece Petit Charaland Tea Party figure set :D

I guess Oda's speed up the pace, which is good. No time to rest for the Strawhats and if Hody and the power-upped gangs aren't SHP worthy opponents, Yonkou pirates will be. This chapter leave us more questions than answers which is good for the forum.

Marco brutalize Luffy? Pure conjecture, Luffy did the time skip so he wouldn't be a weakling wait till you see him against high tiers before assuming his strength level.

Discovered Stowaway Best Kept Secret's Avatar

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/16037697/15

ah man you gotta love that panel with the zoro smile..

Here all Mugiwara animal scans (from previus SJ).

Chapter 652: 11th January ^^

Hahaha, WTF at that arm, indeed.

Also, I think the chances of the Straw Hats going to Mariejois directly after Fishman Island were drastically lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Also i'm starting to think there's an island in the new world for anthromorphic animals. We have a lion now as well as bepo so maybe we'll see more
    Well, Chopper still hasn't had his "the fifth person" chapter...

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://actiontimebuddies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by marc0. View Post
    where is was seen that an admiral brutalized marco ? he fought at least equally to all admirals
    Last time I checked he barely hurt the admirals and the admirals can take island splitting attacks and live. I think it's safe to say that he'd lose to an admiral. Since he did lose to Kizaru. Don't say he didn't because keeping you concentration is part of battling too. He's around Jozu's level and Jozu lost to Kuzan.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey.D.Joeru View Post
    Marco brutalize Luffy? Pure conjecture, Luffy did the time skip so he wouldn't be a weakling wait till you see him against high tiers before assuming his strength level.
    Marco causes massive explosions with a simple kick he can tank Kizaru's multi block destroying attack and smile. I don't think he'd lose to Luffy just yet. In fact i think he would destroy Luffy. It's my opinion but I have feats to go along with my assumption.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves I know Luffy will come out on top but lets be honest he doesn't stand a chance againts marco, and admiral or a yonkou just yet. I mean he just got severly hurt by Hody and impressive as Hody was I think that Marco an admiral and a yonkou would be far more challenging.

I got a lough at the random thought of the citizens that thought Pekson was cute when he threatens people. That picking up the denden mushi reminds me of when he picked it up on the marine ship on the way to Marineford and got yelled at for answering it.

Don't get Luffy wrong. He just took the situation out of Big Mam's hands. He had no other choice. Defeat Big Mam and let FI be overrunned by pirates or let Big Mam continue to harass FI. How is Jenbe going to react to this. Most likely this will cause him to join Luffy to help fight Big mam.
    That would be one way to cement the idea of FI under Luffy's control in the random pirate's minds, esp the newbies that are just entering the New World. After all we see with the impostor Strawhat crew that the Strawhats in general, and Luffy esp. have a big rep, with the pirates in the first half of the the Grand Line seeing him as far stronger than them.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    fucking hell she is huge. Maybe bonney's her daughter seeing as they have similar appetites but who would have kids with her O_o
    Ahh I wasn't the only one!! I didn't want to say anything thohugh due to the people still trying to say she's Lola's mom.
    At least with Bonney see see more realistic simiariaties. But I'm not going with similar appetites, lets face it Bonnys appetite has been compared to Luffy. No what Charolette Linlin and Jewelry Bonney have in common are= the ruthlessness to everyone, thingking that pirates jsut serve themsevles, and the sweet treats theme. Look at Bonney's ship, it reminds me of Whole Cake Island - http://www.mangareader.net/103-50569...apter-581.html

I still think she could be Lola's mom despite her size... Lola wasn't exactly a small woman. Nowhere near that big, obviously, but still very large. Although, in all likelihood, there was a pirate during the War that looked almost identical to Lola, down to having a bowler hat, named Elmy. It's possible if Big Mom isn't her mother, then Elmy is.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Elmy

So here's a suggestion: Big Mom mentions stomach acid and drools a lot. Maybe unlike Wapol, who has the Munch Munch fruit, she has a fruit that allows her to dissolve things... a stomach acid fruit or something like that. That would work against Luffy, since it's not trying to chew him up, but rather simply dissolving him.
    Now there's an idea, Lola's mom could be Elmy. I would like that better than if its Big Mam.
    But on whether shomach acid works on Luffy... there is no guaratee that's true or if true how fast it would affect him. I remember a common thoguht that it takes a long time for bubble gum (made of rubber tree extract as oppose to artifical created) to dissolve (some say up 7 years) in the stomach. Back in ID, after Mr.3's wax was able to hold back most of Magellen's poison (except Hydra I think) Crocodile mentions that its difficult to guess how some DFs can counter each other. But I would not be surprised Luffy's Rubber is difficult to dissolve.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfx View Post
    i highly doubt luffy goes to the new world and right off the bat goes to battle her. he will eventually cross paths but that's after a while. no way it will go exactly like we think it will.
    Or maybe it will.

From what Baron Tamago said, the cake island is only 3 days away from Fisherman Island.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information