+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 651 : "The Voice From The New World"

Default Re: Chapter 651 : "The Voice From The New World"

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Well, Chopper still hasn't had his "the fifth person" chapter...
    Yeah, but I hope Chopper's "the fifth person" deals more with his medical skills than with his appearance, as he has fully accepted the fact that he's a "monster". Something else to make him angst to.

Perhaps, Kid and Luffy will ally against big mom? That would be extremely epic! I would love to see a new giant's fist combo between the two of them. (Like in Saboady I think.)

Edit: Oh sorry this was already noted :P.

Quote Originally Posted by ON2BetterThangz View Post
    That's like saying we knew Shurohige's power because he used a bisento. I mean she still has haki no doubt a tremendous amount of physical strength and judging by her size she may be the fastest OP charcter since Lucky roux.
    It's not even close to the same thing. Why would she be drooling constantly? When she's hungry, sure. When she sees/thinks of something that she wants to eat, sure. But all the time? People don't just salivate constantly. Why would smoke or gas come out of her mouth when she opens it? If you emit visible gas from your mouth on a regular basis, you need to see a doctor. Why would she be able to eat massive amounts of food and even other people? She can't have a DF that lets her eat things; That has been taken for over 500 chapters now.

And on this page, she says:

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/16037697/10

Why would she say "I can't stop my stomach acid from overflowing!" Who says something like that?

Don't start the Bisento argument with me. It's not even close to the same thing. It's pretty obvious what her main ability is... Oda gave us enough hints.
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

bonney is not big moms daughter! EWWWWW. why the hell would she be mad at whitebeard being killed if she was?

I really can't see Luffy defeating a Yonkou by his own at this stage. I'm sure Kid's mention in this chapter is a foreshadow to a future alliance between him and Luffy against Big Mam in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfx View Post
    heh i would prefer luffy going to some island controlled by kaidou and then making an enemy of him too. i highly doubt luffy goes to the new world and right off the bat goes to battle her. he will eventually cross paths but that's after a while. no way it will go exactly like we think it will.
    Didn't Drake attack one of Kaidou's man? I think when it comes to Kaidous the storyline might very well go through Drake

Quote Originally Posted by ON2BetterThangz View Post
    So we know Big mom is stupid powerful but just to give a hint. Marco would probably brutalize Luffy and and admiral would do the same to Marco....and a Yonkou would probably (and has) fucked up an admiral. Though it's not surprising Luffy always jumps into battles with people stronger than him only to grow immensely before fighting that person. We might finally get some sea battles! This is promising to be the most epic showdown since Luffy beat Crocodile.
    It's hard to measure up when it's that far up the power ladder. For example look at Jozu. He has immense strength but disabled a Don Flamengo without a problem. Look at Hawkeye. His attack would have probably carved up Luffy and he cut down a freaking ice mountain with one slash but at the same time Daz Bones who is really not that powerful managed to block his remote attack as well as Jozu did. So honestly it's anybody's guess. But still I think that generally Marco and Jozu are about as powerful strength wise as admirals. While Yonko(except for Whitebeard who is a beastgod) are about as powerful as two admirals combined

Luffy I think is near an admiral's level of power

(all this excluding specific DF powers but just raw power)

Seems a bit early for him to fight a yonkou, or is Oda trying to speed things along? I was expecting a few more adventures before anything that major. Could still be that way ofcourse.

And Big Mom apparently has some kind of eating related BF. Also liked the design of Baron Tamago.
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

That last panel reminds me a lot to Luffy's declaration of war to WG at enies lobby. And god knows how awesome that scene was. Great stuff, great stuff...

anyway, I think it's safe to assume that the arc will end in the next 2 or 3 chapters. Can't wait for New World!
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    I got a lough at the random thought of the citizens that thought Pekson was cute when he threatens people. That picking up the denden mushi reminds me of when he picked it up on the marine ship on the way to Marineford and got yelled at for answering it.

That would be one way to cement the idea of FI under Luffy's control in the random pirate's minds, esp the newbies that are just entering the New World. After all we see with the impostor Strawhat crew that the Strawhats in general, and Luffy esp. have a big rep, with the pirates in the first half of the the Grand Line seeing him as far stronger than them.
    I don't think it would be hard For Luffy to protect FI and make people realize it's his. I mean most people that go to FI are rookies and we saw on Shabondy that supernovas more or less respect Luffy as a promising upcoming pirate. Luffy would just have to watch out for the Caribou's that don't fear him yet. Sending back Zoro or Sanji should be enough for anyone that tries to mess with Fishman island. Though it seems out of character.

Oda might be speeding up because it seems that going to Raftel is not the end of One piece Manga. Luffy will have to deal with the WG... and we still have Kaidou and BB and SuperNovas and other strong pirates from NW... anyway just like WB, Big Mom should have many strong pirates following her, so it might be like the BW arc where the final boss will be Big Mom but Luffy and Co will have to defeat some strong NW pirates before confronting her.... and maybe find out that she is the mother or Lola... and She becomes an ally which will be helpful when Luffy fights with BB, Kaidou and WG ( IMO need more than Shanks to fight with the WG)

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post

Perhaps, Kid and Luffy will ally against big mom? That would be extremely epic! I would love to see a new giant's fist combo between the two of them. (Like in Saboady I think.)

Edit: Oh sorry this was already noted :P.
    I noticed it to but I see them fighting over who takes Big Mam down first before I see them working together.

Does anyone know what Zoro meant when he said, "I got it, he's a compass!"?

Thanks in advance!

All together now!, repeat after me: BAAAAAADDDDD---ASSSSSSS!!!!!!!
    Go Luffy! But I'm quite sure that at the end of that battle (Big Mom looks as stubburn as Luffy, so none of them will backdown), Luffy will manage to impress Big Mom in some way, and get her as an ally. Of course, being friends with her daugther will help in that.
    Notice how no one is aware Caribou knows Shirahoshi identity as an Ancient Weapon, so he is left all alone, oh noes!!
    And on a side note, good to see Kid is still breaking havoc, even in the New World...

Nice Alice in Wonderland rip off, Oda.
    At least Jimbe was nowhere to be seen. That's an improvement.

Every time I quickly read Pekoms I think people are saying pokemon.

So... Caribou is an example of how someone can be hard to fight for common people (i.e., without haki) because he's a logia user, but still very weak if one knows how to fight him (haki, weaknesses, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Best Kept Secret View Post
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/16037697/15

ah man you gotta love that panel with the zoro smile..
    heeh he looks like he's enjoung the idea of pissing off a yonkou, likely anticipating the fight that will eventually come

Quote Originally Posted by smurfx View Post
    bonney is not big moms daughter! EWWWWW. why the hell would she be mad at whitebeard being killed if she was?
    The idea of Bonney as daughter of Big Mam is as bizzare as the thought that Lola is Big Mam's daughter. The EWWW comment makes me wonder if you're rejecting the idea based soley on looks, I can't know if that is true or not its just the way the comment comes across. I know some will dismiss the idea based on looks alone, Bonney is pretty and Big Mam is hideious. Remember Conis from Skypeia? She was very pretty but her dad looked bizzare.

And relationship doesn't restrict who people are loyal to. Remember Ace? His dad was Whitebeard's rival but Ace rejected Roger as a father figure. Could be a simialr situation where kid hates boilocial parent and respects Whitebeard instead.

He had no choice seeing the threat impending on FI but it is out of character isn't it wonder which direction Oda will take this in once FI becomes his territory. The crew is small they need to go forward in their journey I dn't see any of them going back and forth in the face of FI attacks. Will the flag be enough of a deterrent at this point? Luffy is a terrifying rookie but he is no yonkou. Unless he is about to pull some feat in the New World which will make people in GL shiver at the thought of his name even more.

if jimbei joins luffy's crew then i don't see caribou going back and trying to kidnap her again since he fears him. i do see him selling that information to somebody like kaidou,big mom or blackbeard. or he gets captured by a marine and he ends up telling them about her in exchange for letting him go.

Good chapter. Big Moms crew have some interesting designs, but I only really like the three eyed woman.
    Last edited by .:Nonsh:.; December 26th, 2011 at 06:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information