+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 368 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 7343

Thread: Fairy Tail Discussion III

Default Re: Fairy Tail Discussion III

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Yeah they all get 0 points and fairy tail A gets 100 which will throw them into the lead i believe
    No . She gets 100 points for the game but only 10 points for winning the actual event . FTA is in second place after Raven Tail with 22 points .

Erza and her big tittles lead Fairy Tail to victory once again! Oh how predictable...
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
    Wasn't a bad chapter. As awful a character as Erza is, she was still pretty cool and the whole scene was well done. I don't really care that the other characters got to do nothing, they're boring anyways and I don't even remember the names of half the guilds because reading FT's normally more mind-numbing than Bleach.
    I disagree. Erza's a great character. It's just she's in the hands of an awful writer.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

While reading it I thought to myself "Erza is going to want to fight all of them at once " and it happened. Would have preferred her to take on 51 or something so the others can show off their abilities while knowing no one can take over the lead. Oh well.
    Ganzbino

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    I disagree. Erza's a great character. It's just she's in the hands of an awful writer.
    I don't even know how to process this.

But on the bright side, TLC liked a Fairy Tail chapter! I feel like we should be having a parade.

Nothing hard to understand. Some authors can get a flash of inspiration and create really great characters but then are unable to use them properly. Erza is a great female character. She possesses many characteristics that are predominantly associated with males such as strength, courage, independence, tough macho resilience yet her gender never even registers as she is a character first and female second (she doesn't even mind bathing with the guys!). Yet she's constantly gimped by the author by some random handicap that cheapens her character because she'd steal the show otherwise. Erza's too good for this manga.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Nothing hard to understand. Some authors can get a flash of inspiration and create really great characters but then are unable to use them properly. Erza is a great female character. She possesses many characteristics that are predominantly associated with males such as strength, courage, independence, tough macho resilience yet her gender never even registers as she is a character first and female second (she doesn't even mind bathing with the guys!). Yet she's constantly gimped by the author by some random handicap that cheapens her character because she'd steal the show otherwise. Erza's too good for this manga.
    But she's still given more credence as a legitimate badass than female characters in most manga of this ilk. It's hard to complain about this manga not deserving her in that regard when she's consistently been the dominant power in the core cast, regardless of whether Natsu lands the finishing blow or not.

And in a rather odd switch, I'm much less fond of Erza than you for the reasons you mentioned. She's certainly counter to gender roles in some ways, but she's rather bland otherwise and her main backstory/motivation is caught up in a generic "pining after guy that might be bad or might not" narrative. She's really an encapsulation of Fairy Tail: great in broad strokes, problematic in the details (also, she's half-naked a lot).

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Yeah, I fully expect Ezra to be bedridden the next two chaps and hobbled a bit after until a challenge comes where the entire team is needed.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

If she gets 10 points instead of 100 points then that means every other team gets second place points for doing nothing which is stupid!

Without being tideous or debating over a topic so pointless, I can't say that Erza is too good for this manga. On her own, she's just as generic as the main bunch and I can't imagine Fairy Tail without her.
    I gotta admit, I like Natsu, Lucy, Grey, Erza, Gazille and Wendy as a unit in terms of teamwork or interactions.

If there's anything, I think she's about the only member if FT that I really do feel deserves her title as an S-Class. The rest are of them are... really lame(unless Gildarts is one... I forgot).

Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    If she gets 10 points instead of 100 points then that means every other team gets second place points for doing nothing which is stupid!
    No they all got zero points by virtue of erza taking out all the monsters, so they all tied for last place

The best part of this chapter is the middle panel here (http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/11847077/19) with Natsu and Grey laughing their asses off while everyone else does Shock-Face. That's very One Piece (meant as a compliment).

Sabretooth seems so weak if their two strongest Mages are on Par with Natsu (supposedly), meanwhile fairy Tail has 4-5 mages who are much stronger than natsu.

she should have chosen to beat 51 monsters, it would have been enough to get the 10 points

Erza is good. A chapter where she acts in-character immidiately gets the top mark for a Mashima chapter. A heartful meh.

Imagine her in the hands of a capable writer.
    Last edited by Silverblade; May 26th, 2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Sorachi does the best female characters in shonen medium. I'm sure.

This chapter gave me the chills. Way to go, Mashima.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Quote Originally Posted by O baba View Post
    she should have chosen to beat 51 monsters, it would have been enough to get the 10 points
    The entire idea wasn't only getting the 10 points, but also prevent the other teams from winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Without being tideous or debating over a topic so pointless, I can't say that Erza is too good for this manga. On her own, she's just as generic as the main bunch and I can't imagine Fairy Tail without her.
    I gotta admit, I like Natsu, Lucy, Grey, Erza, Gazille and Wendy as a unit in terms of teamwork or interactions.

If there's anything, I think she's about the only member if FT that I really do feel deserves her title as an S-Class. The rest are of them are... really lame(unless Gildarts is one... I forgot).
    Laxus, Erza, Mirajane, and Mystogan all have shown their superior abilities at some point during the series. Gildarts and Makarov have shown abilities beyond theirs. The problem with Mirajane is that the only fights she has participated in (other than the gag one this arc), she had some severe handicaps (although Erza seems to get those almost every arc).

I think Erza has been fleshed out enough at this point to be slightly more dynamic than you guys are making her out to be. Generic tragic childhood and predictable character aside, she has shown to be the "serious" character of the group, with Lucy being the Tsukommi, Wendy being the naive one, Elfman being the "manly" one, Juvia being the lovestruck one, and Gray and Natsu being the "idiots".
    Calling it now: Big Mom has the Sui Sui no Mi (Acid Acid Fruit).

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    The entire idea wasn't only getting the 10 points, but also prevent the other teams from winning anything.
    Plus added bonus of taking her Jellal-based angst out on some monster baddies.

so Erza is like Kenpachi?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information