+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: DC TV Series Thread - Crossovers where heroes SING!

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Let's wait another year

Tah-Dah! New trailer for Gotham has arrived! Extended trailer even!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Tah-Dah! New trailer for Gotham has arrived! Extended trailer even!

Yes... I'm very excited for this. Looks better than Arrows... And I bet it will be better than Flash.

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
    Yes... I'm very excited for this. Looks better than Arrows... And I bet it will be better than Flash.
    It really looks better.^^ Better actors, possibly bigger budget and it's not a CW show.^^ Although I have to say I somewhat liked arrow, and was a huge supernatural fan till I fell out of it, need to start watching it again. For gotham I hope the younger actors who play bruce wayne, catwoman etc do a good job and are not annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    It really looks better.^^ Better actors, possibly bigger budget and it's not a CW show.^^ Although I have to say I somewhat liked arrow, and was a huge supernatural fan till I fell out of it, need to start watching it again. For gotham I hope the younger actors who play bruce wayne, catwoman etc do a good job and are not annoying.
    oh. It's not the same channel?
    Yeah I like Arrows too and still watch it. But they really need to kill off some characters if they haven't already.

For gotham I'm very happy with riddler and penguin atm.
    Always wanted them for dark knight rises.

I hkpe that will 1 dya lead to an actual Batman TV series - which would no doubt be a big hit, and would have tons of material to work from..... Here's hoping...

I feel like in that episode where Bruce Wayne is shown, the score will take a slightly special turn, the camera will be on him for a while, and then end of scene - or break. I bloody hate those. I hate it when a tv-show or movie does that. It's the creaters telling me that something is special, instead of just introducing a character or a moment and letting the viewer decide if it's special. Smallville did that all the time.

"I am Louis Lane! Ta-dam!

And people unfamiliar with the comics or movies be like, "Well what's so special about you that you get fancy intro music?"

Skyfall did that at the end, where Montgovery or whatever declared that he is the new M. They had a moment.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

That Gotham trailer looks fantastic
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

The only thing that annoyed me about the trailer was: do they seriously need to put a young Poison Ivy in this? Like, a kid Poison Ivy? Poison Ivy's whole shtick is being a seductress, and it's kinda hard to be a seductress when you're ten.

The only thing that annoyed me about the trailer was: do they seriously need to put a young Poison Ivy in this? Like, a kid Poison Ivy? Poison Ivy's whole shtick is being a seductress, and it's kinda hard to be a seductress when you're ten.
    Not if you seduce.....other 10 year olds lol

Agreed. I wonder why they decided to go with her. Batman has a very rich Rogue's gallery that could be better, although Poison Ivy is the most prominent female one(I think).

They should use Zsaasz(sp?).

Its a shame this isn't on CW, then we could have had an Arrow/Flash/Gotham crossover, although the timelines wouldn't make sense but they've name dropping Bludhaven recently so there is hope for Nightwing.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    Agreed. I wonder why they decided to go with her. Batman has a very rich Rogue's gallery that could be better, although Poison Ivy is the most prominent female one(I think).
    If they wanted a female villain in the mix, it probably wasn't real easy to find a popular one with schticks that work aside from Catwoman.
    The only other options they had (aside from making a new one) are:
    Harley Quinn
    Talia al Ghul
    The second Ventriloquist
    Sofia Falcone

Two of which aren't really popular/known and Talia being kinda weird to pull off. I have no idea what they would do with Harley though.

I really want/expect them to utilize Black Mask (Sionis) and Hush since both have ties to Bruce's childhood (I think). Though, the most interesting additions fir ne would be Strange, the Red Hood(s) (pre-joker), and maybe the Scarecrow. *shrug*

It's Zsasz btw.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    If they wanted a female villain in the mix, it probably wasn't real easy to find a popular one with schticks that work aside from Catwoman.
    The only other options they had (aside from making a new one) are:
    Harley Quinn
    Talia al Ghul
    The second Ventriloquist
    Sofia Falcone

Two of which aren't really popular/known and Talia being kinda weird to pull off. I have no idea what they would do with Harley though.

I really want/expect them to utilize Black Mask (Sionis) and Hush since both have ties to Bruce's childhood (I think). Though, the most interesting additions fir ne would be Strange, the Red Hood(s) (pre-joker), and maybe the Scarecrow. *shrug*

It's Zsasz btw.
    Sofia Falcone would be a wonderful alternative to poison Ivy. They could show that Harley was always crazy(I think it can be described as Sociopathic) from the start, she just hid it very well.

Agreed on Scarecrow and Black Mask, they make the most sense for a show centred around cops. I'm not really excited for the riddler but I can somehow see them making him a police consultant or something.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

Can I bitch about the Gotham Trailer here? Somehow everyone thinks it's going to be good. I really don't see how it can be, as it's literally just a crime drama, continuously going to drop serious hints at things to come without showing any. I mean, probably. I don't know that yet, it's just very likely to be the case, and it's going to suck big hairy balls.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    Can I bitch about the Gotham Trailer here? Somehow everyone thinks it's going to be good. I really don't see how it can be, as it's literally just a crime drama, continuously going to drop serious hints at things to come without showing any. I mean, probably. I don't know that yet, it's just very likely to be the case, and it's going to suck big hairy balls.
    Hmmm I see your point.
    Yeah none of the "big names" will be seriously taken down. Since they need to be there for Batman in 10 or so years.
    And they're not going to have batman in TV... probably.
    Meh, I'll still check it out when it comes around but yeah. Hopefully they find a way around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrano View Post
    Hmmm I see your point.
    Yeah none of the "big names" will be seriously taken down. Since they need to be there for Batman in 10 or so years.
    And they're not going to have batman in TV... probably.
    Meh, I'll still check it out when it comes around but yeah. Hopefully they find a way around that.
    Well, SHIELD suffers from the same problems really. They have a good cast, but they keep dropping names without anything happening on screen. And those allusions get annoying after a while. But SHIELD has now actually become awesome, because it ties into the larger universe and lately dealt directly with Cap 2 repercussions... And it's SUPPOSED to be the way it is, actually related to the Marvel universe - and the story fits into it. Gotham won't have that, and it's going to suffer from it. Badly.

As long as Gotham remembers it's supposed to be about Gordon first and that it's a crime drama more than a name-dropper, then it should be fine.

Before she's a seductress, she's a plant activist, though.

She doesn't have to be Poison Ivy yet. She can be Pamela. We can learn where her love for plants stems (heh heh) from, and understand why her plant activism reaches such a ridiculous point.

Only somewhat disappointing thing about this show is that we won't have Joker, thus we won't have Harley, and thus we won't have lesbian adventures with Harley and Ivy. ;_;

Can we have a TV show about that instead? Those two are my OTP.

I kinda think some of the characters like ivy will only have a brief cameo and never appear again.

Thus the obvious problem the show is going to have. And I'm sorry, but I can't see it being better than Arrow - which is great - and the trailer looks SO much worse than it already, imo.

Arrow is not all that great and it wouldn't take gotham much to be better.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information