+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1252

Thread: DC TV Series Thread - Crossovers where heroes SING!

Default Re: DC TV Series Thread - Crossovers where heroes SING!

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Rose's performance as Liv always been one of the major highlights for each episode of Izombie to me. Even through I been watching the series since last year, I still can't believe that Rose went from one of my favorite seasons of Power Rangers (Power Rangers RPM) to one of my favorite current tv series with Izombie.
    I've only seen like two episodes of Izombie(I haven't had the time to marathon it yet) but I legitimately had to check to see if she was actually in Power Rangers, and to my surprise the Yellow ranger of one of my favorite seasons is a zombie. More incentive for me to watch this show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

So Flash.....that happened.

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Flash. Whaa...

Spoiler:

I thought after all that planning they would be saving her. But...I also have a feeling that HR might self sacrifice himself at some point of time to somehow bring her back
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Quote Originally Posted by xan View Post
    Flash. Whaa...

Spoiler:

I thought after all that planning they would be saving her. But...I also have a feeling that HR might self sacrifice himself at some point of time to somehow bring her back
    Spoiler:
    I think that it wasn't actually Iris that was killed, but rather HR using his disguise tech.
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Spoiler:
    I think that it wasn't actually Iris that was killed, but rather HR using his disguise tech.
    I heard that theory and I like it but the only question I would have is when did they switch? I didn't really see a moment where they could have done it.

Spoiler:

Well dam....they actually killed her.

also, that scientist woman that created the speed force 'bazooka', i really like her character. I hope she sticks around a while

I will say despite all the drag this whole season was I think this was a great episode
    Spoiler:
    I particularly liked the music in the opening and the video of Iris playing as he running in slow motion.

I really think in this episode they managed to give each character a real moment about Iris incoming death. The whole power source thing and HR moment with Tracy were a little lower than usual but after such great payoff for this particular episode I can't hold it against them.

Captain Cold was pretty cool to. His interactions with Barry and his advice were really good.

Considering Iris was taken on earth 2 I doubt they could have ever switched.
    Last edited by desa; May 17th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

Spoiler:

This youtuber does a good job at showing the theory on her survival.

Btw where the heck was Julian the previous episode? He just went awol

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:

Could it be that HR switched places with Iris when Barry was shooting at Savitar with a gun?
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

I think Julian used the disguise pen and switched places with Iris. Since, he likely wont' be around next season. Caitlyn's love interests always die. LOL.

OH! and has anyone else seen tonight's arrow yet? Can't wait for the big show down next week with the ultimate team up!

I have 2 words to describe tonight's Arrow.

Hey kid.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfWood37 View Post
    I have 2 words to describe tonight's Arrow.

Hey kid.
    Made my whole night!

What is this?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

This weeks episode of Izombie was great as usual. Liv as an preschool teacher were some of the funniest moments in the series so far.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    What is this?
    Aside from how tacky the costume/action/CGI looks, I'm actually interested in how unique this story is for a superhero show.

"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."

This weeks episode of Izombie was great as usual. Liv as an preschool teacher were some of the funniest moments in the series so far.
    Clive stopping Liv from using the sock puppet to comfort that grieving man was the funniest moment of season 3 so far.

Another scene that were great was the "Escochar means to listen" bit

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 0
    Concepts to Complete: Plot Summary, Character Biographies
    Twitch / Blogspot

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post
    Clive stopping Liv from using the sock puppet to comfort that grieving man was the funniest moment of season 3 so far.

The entire sock puppet scene made me cried of laughter.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    What is this?
    It actually looks pretty good I'd like to watch it.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues' Gallery View Post

The entire sock puppet scene made me cried of laughter.
    Blaine has seen better days, the episode did a good job of making him look pathetic. I'm curious how long this spiral is going to last and how he will bounce back.

And yeah, Liv's brain of the week was alot of fun.
    Godzilla is undefeated by modern technology. He is stronger than the weapons that brought Japan to its knees [in WWII]. — Akira Ifukube

In an otherwise "meh" season of the Flash, this finale was probably my favorite episode of the season, and a really great episode overall.

Spoiler:
    So looks like I was right on the HR swapping places with Iris idea. It was a good wrap up for his character to have died in a courageous way. I was super skeptical of HR's purpose throughout most of the season. I hated the way he was introduced, pretty much fishing for Wells' in the multiverse because Harry wanted to stay on Earth 2. You're pretty much begging for an alien invasion from another earth just because you want to fill the spot of a character. But as he progressed, became close with Wally, and ultimately proved to be the heart of Team Flash. His romance with Tracy was a bit forced, but I can excuse it with the lack of screen time with everything else going on.

It does make me wonder what will be done with Tracy now, though. She pretty much dove right into Team Flash, and seems to fit in pretty well. We haven't seen her interact too much with the rest of the team, but it would make sense to have someone who goes on to become a brilliant scientist and someone who already risked their life for the team, to join them. Plus, given the losses of members they can probably use a little help.

It was good to see Harry back, even if he only ultimately was there to get Tracy's head in the game. Glad to see he'll be sticking around for at least a little while. I'd love to see him stay on Earth 1 for the next season as that seasons' rotating Harrison Well(s). I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see Jessie, given we got Jay, Wally, Barry, and her father. But I guess you could say they were pressed for time and couldn't go find her on Earth 3.

Everything else, from the Cisco/Gypsy stuff, the way Caitlin was handled, the ending with Barry, I thought was very good. I honestly wasn't expecting them to pull a Young Justice season 2 ending with Barry. I'm obviously doubt it will last many episodes, if even lasting past the first episode of season 4. But I wonder if they'll have Wally wear a version of the Flash suit, or just adopt the name and continue with his KF suit.

I really loved the fact that Barry specifically mentions that he's been too dark this year, reasonably given what was happening. But one of the biggest critisims I've seen this season is people's anger that Barry isn't a bit more cheerful, like he was in season one. Or in the memory wipe episode. That's not really a big concern for me, I thought it was pretty reasonable given where Barry's character had gone after losing his dad, getting both his parents back, then letting them die again to fix his screw up, and then discover that he was responsible for Iris's future death.

That being said, while I think the writing for his character, and most of the cast, made sense given the situations, I still wish we had focused on the Rogues. Savitar was fine villain for the last two or three episodes of the season, but that's it. Alchemy barely did anything other than give villains-of-the-week their powers, and he ended up just being Julian possessed by Savitar. Some seasons of these CW shows really show how these stories seem to be written as they go along, and not really thought of much in advance. The first season of the Flash felt very solid. All the hints and mysteries felt genuine, it felt like it all made sense. Seasons like Flash season 3 really feel disorganized in their writing, and that they are focused way too much on telling episodic chapters of a story, rather than a cohesive narrative.

You can have the episodic, self contained feel and still have a flowing story. It's a problem that Arrow has suffered from too. Legends of Tomorrow has the feeling of individual unique episodes due to it changing it's setting, given the time travel aspect. However, it focuses on only a few villain characters and their plots. They do face other dangers and adversaries in their travels, however it serves the story as a whole.

Having villains-of-the-week aren't necessarily a bad thing. It's all about execution though. The Trickster episode from the first season is one of my favorites in the entire show. Obviously having someone like Mark Hamil is going to help, but they focused on an interesting and entertaining villain, who in the end didn't serve much as far as advancing the plot of Barry finding his mom's killer. However, while the villain to face is the Trickster, the relationship between Barry and Wells is the focus of the characters interaction. We see how Thawne became Wells, and we see Barry still distrusting him, yet needing him to help him and eventually learn how to phase. It could have been just a popular actor cameo episode, poke fun at Hamil's connection to the Flash, and had a simple plot, it decided to focus on the characters, drop some bombshells with the main villain of the season, and also just be a fun episode.

Comparing that to some of the episodes this season with the Flashpoint Meta's is just sad. The Magenta episode will probably remain my least favorite of the entire show(or the one with the kid that created a monster hologram). The characters really felt like way to delay the writing team to figure out what they wanted to do with the Alchemy storyline. They could have focused more on Edward Clarris and have him be a recurring villain to Barry and Wally. He pretty much served as an obstacle for Barry and then a warning that the Flashpoint mess wasn't all cleaned up.

They name dropped the Thinker again in this episode, so I'm guessing that he will be our main villain, or at least one of them, for season 4. Glad to see that they aren't going to directly focus on another speedster. But then again, most of us thought that when they announced that Alchemy would be the villain this season.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information