+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 94

Thread: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Led by the Shark that They Saved''

  1. #41

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    I'm okay with Neptune's quirk. I guess it doesn't help that it was dragged out, but somehow I don't mind it that much.

  2. #42
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't like that. The first few minutes I was waiting for Luffy to throw a freaking Pokeball at Neptune.
    That's would've been hilarious!

  3. #43

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by YoiYoi View Post
    Why can't all episodes be as good as this? Great artwork, great animation, great humor. Much better than last week's abomination.
    Great animation? Ugh. This episode was horrible for as far those two were concerned, and I didn't even like the artwork much either. The palace scene lacked contrast; bright colours are fine but it was like it lacked shadows. But maybe that's the fault of the shitty Funimation stream, so if that improves when I watch it in 720p whenever the appropriate fansub for that comes out, I'll take back those words. Basically the animation sucked. The same two frame twitch each time Nepture got scolded was really annoying... at least make it three frames if you re-use that same animation cycle that often. If anything, Nepture looked like spastic rubber in that scene.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't like that. The first few minutes I was waiting for Luffy to throw a freaking Pokeball at Neptune.
    Amen! The humour was absurd... The Neptune-Neptune-Jamon-Jamon-Shaaaaark-Shaaaark bit made me go 'wtf'. That stuff is worse than Shirahoshi's voice, which while annoying is very fitting and not something I mind (until it gets overdone to death). The seiyu does a good job, the character is supposed to be annoying, so all around good choice on that.


    Finally, some good things I want to mention, since I sound like a sour critic when I just re-read my post. Caribou looked awesome when he popped out that barrel. The wacky way his legs moved when capturing the mermaids I could deal with, and all around he's a likeable quirky character. I also approved of the small explanation of his body behaving like a swamp; until the manga spelled it out explicitly I thought of him more as a mud person, and less as a swamp person. (Which, while alike, aren't exactly the same in my mind.) Robin and Franky going out doing their own thing being high-lit was also nice.

  4. #44

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    The Minister of the Right, I'm so happy with him! Shouting down the King all angry like, it was perfect!

    And despite the slowed pace, I enjoyed all the little addons to this episode. It made everything feel more fleshed out rather than drawn out (like in the ep before). And the animation was pretty good for all the little details, though I bet the team is hating this arc right now because of it. XP

  5. #45

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by worstje View Post
    (...)
    Well, the animation team decided to let FI appear pretty bright although there's indeed a lot of bright light they exaggerated and misplaced the shining several times ( http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/612/10 http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/612/11 ). So it isn't surprising the contrast is lower and the shadows aren't obvious at once. Anyway , I agree as either an after-effect or due to economical reasons they lowered the richness of detail especially in the case of the palace.
    But the biggest issue is imho the arc doesn't have the same charm as before and the character design annoys me since Water 7 even if it got better in the new arc. Those changes in the script stretching the scenes either failed to produce the same circumstances, mostly the jokes but, for example, Luffy's speech before submerging as well, or added new ones, like information on Zoro's training or several bad jokes.

  6. #46

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    A nice episode,relaxing and funny with bit of creepyness with Caribou,i really enjoyed it.
    New voices fit well,especially Shirahoshi voice Yukana is good pick for her.Had good animation,liked how they handled the palace and a nice additional scene(Franky and Robin).
    Laughed at the boob scene and the minister yelling at Neptune.


  7. #47

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't like that. The first few minutes I was waiting for Luffy to throw a freaking Pokeball at Neptune.
    Really? I thought it was hilarious. In fact I think almost all of the jokes have made me at least chuckle where in the manga I felt some didn't translate through text very well. But hey thats me

  8. #48

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I'm starting to not like Neptune that much, at least in the anime. What's with the random "NEPUTUNU" thing?
    He actually did that only once in this chapter.
    But Toei just looooves to drag things out.

    Also, when is Crossword going to change the typo in the thread title? >>

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by worstje View Post
    But maybe that's the fault of the shitty Funimation stream, so if that improves when I watch it in 720p whenever the appropriate fansub for that comes out, I'll take back those words.
    Don't you just love it when people bash the Funimation stream because it's not in their precious 720p?
    Anything that's not in PURE WONDERFUL HD is a horrible abomination that their innocent, pure eyes cannot stand to bear.

  9. #49
    Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Out there

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    I made a typo...? Oh, I see now. I'll fix it.

    And actually, the quality of the stream does matter, since unlike most other long-running anime, One Piece is produced in high definition, and has been ever since it first went wide screen back in 2004-ish. So yes, it is the stream's fault because it's displaying the picture at a lower resolution than it was meant to be watched at.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  10. #50

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Glad that I'm not the only one who doesn't like that. The first few minutes I was waiting for Luffy to throw a freaking Pokeball at Neptune.
    Isn't it still 1 episode 1 chapter. Fishman Island chapters were quick so expect a lot of filler sequences, that to be honest arten't that bad. The animation in this episode was superb and I didn't notice any derpfaces, there's bound to be one or two though. Caribou is just as annoying and stupid as the manga, can't wait for him to get smacked in the face.

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Don't you just love it when people bash the Funimation stream because it's not in their precious 720p?
    Anything that's not in PURE WONDERFUL HD is a horrible abomination that their innocent, pure eyes cannot stand to bear.
    No I don't love it when assholes think that generalising a topic equals a foundation for conversation. It's 2012 not fucking 1999, HD streaming is available on Crunchyroll and other sites, why not Funimations? I'd rather pay just a bit more to actually:

    1. See One Piece at all in my region

    2. See it without a shitty blurry line at the bottom and in HD.
    UK Shonen Jump Fans show VIZ you want Shonen Jump Alpha!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02875369802750

  11. #51

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Led by the Shark that They Saved''

    I'm surprised nobody's given love to "I guess he was just born to be unlucky"

    *Cue dramatic twinkle in eye*
    Spoiler:

    How can you say no to that beautiful face?! Vote for Elder Nyon in the 2011 AP Tournament!!!

  12. #52

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Led by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by Calchexas View Post
    I'm surprised nobody's given love to "I guess he was just born to be unlucky"

    *Cue dramatic twinkle in eye*
    We probably watched all different subs. NoGrp had annoying yellow ones this time, or maybe it was Divx, either way yellow is annoying for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by worstje View Post
    Bad Animation, 360p stream
    Yes, that would be why. Watch it in 720p. Also the legs thing was my favourite part of the episode believe it or not, because no matter how deliberately fucking annoying Caribou is, those legs were a fun feature in that one manga chapter. So to see it come so quick to animation was a treat.
    Last edited by jackskellinghog; January 15th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
    UK Shonen Jump Fans show VIZ you want Shonen Jump Alpha!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02875369802750

  13. #53

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Led by the Shark that They Saved''

    Eh, we probably did - doesn't really matter, though, since it's the visual effect that counts. Brook and Usopp actually had me laughing with that one. :3
    Spoiler:

    How can you say no to that beautiful face?! Vote for Elder Nyon in the 2011 AP Tournament!!!

  14. #54

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    And actually, the quality of the stream does matter, since unlike most other long-running anime, One Piece is produced in high definition, and has been ever since it first went wide screen back in 2004-ish. So yes, it is the stream's fault because it's displaying the picture at a lower resolution than it was meant to be watched at.
    Hopefully, the quality of the stream will improve in the future. But seeing it in 480 isn't going to kill anyone.
    But besides that, fans in the U.S. and Canada are getting their episodes streamed legally for free every week. So, they should be a little bit more grateful.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackskellinghog View Post

    No I don't love it when assholes think that generalising a topic equals a foundation for conversation. It's 2012 not fucking 1999, HD streaming is available on Crunchyroll and other sites, why not Funimations? I'd rather pay just a bit more to actually:
    1. See One Piece at all in my region

    2. See it without a shitty blurry line at the bottom and in HD.
    That may have something to do with the One Piece simulcast being free to view.
    Maybe if Funi ever decides to make the simulcast for paying subscribers only, then it might be in HD.

    And if you want to get the stream for the UK, then I suggest you write to Funimation and tell them that you want it available in your country.
    If that doesn't work, then the best thing to do would be to wait and see what happens.

    Also, in 1999, the stream would have been in at least 240p.

  15. #55

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Hopefully, the quality of the stream will improve in the future. But seeing it in 480 isn't going to kill anyone.
    But besides that, fans in the U.S. and Canada are getting their episodes streamed legally for free every week. So, they should be a little bit more grateful.


    That may have something to do with the One Piece simulcast being free to view.
    Maybe, if Funi decides to make the simulcast for paying subscribers only, then it might be in HD.
    1. See One Piece at all in my region

    2. See it without a shitty blurry line at the bottom and in HD.

    That may have something to do with the One Piece simulcast being free to view.
    Maybe if Funi ever decides to make the simulcast for paying subscribers only, then it might be in HD.

    And if you want to get the stream for the UK, then I suggest you write to Funimation and tell them that you want it available in your country.
    If that doesn't work, then the best thing to do would be to wait and see what happens.

    Also, in 1999, the stream would have been in at least 240p.
    I get Bleach free and can watch up to 10 episodes in a row with ads in 360p and it's fine. One Piece however looks particularly horrible in 360p and has all that mumbo jumbo added to the start. I'd rather if they are going to be assholes about regions give the EU rights to Crunchyroll and be done with it.
    UK Shonen Jump Fans show VIZ you want Shonen Jump Alpha!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02875369802750

  16. #56

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by jackskellinghog View Post
    I get Bleach free and can watch up to 10 episodes in a row with ads in 360p and it's fine. One Piece however looks particularly horrible in 360p and has all that mumbo jumbo added to the start. I'd rather if they are going to be assholes about regions give the EU rights to Crunchyroll and be done with it.
    The simulcast is in 480p. And it looks perfectly fine.
    There's barely any difference between watching a OP episode in 480 and watching it in 720 HD.

    And what's this "mumbo jumbo" you're referring to?
    The opening? The recaps?

  17. #57

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    The simulcast is in 480p. And it looks perfectly fine.
    There's barely any difference between watching a OP episode in 480 and watching it in 720 HD.

    And what's this "mumbo jumbo" you're referring to?
    The opening? The recaps?
    Okay I've kindly asked you to stop doing that, there is a huge difference between 480p and 720p. I'm so close to smacking your ass, posting a screenshot and sending you to bed early young man.

    Be patient and load this page, then you'll see. http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/480p...cap_comparison
    UK Shonen Jump Fans show VIZ you want Shonen Jump Alpha!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02875369802750

  18. #58

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by jackskellinghog View Post
    Okay I've kindly asked you to stop doing that, there is a huge difference between 480p and 720p.
    Yeah, a 240p difference. Big whoop.

    Like I said before, not watching an episode in pure HD isn't going to kill you. 480p is still high quality.

    I'm so close to smacking your ass, posting a screenshot and sending you to bed early young man.
    I'd like to see you try.

  19. #59

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Yeah, a 240p difference. Big whoop.

    Like I said before, not watching an episode in pure HD isn't going to kill you. 480p is still high quality.



    I'd like to see you try.
    See this is why AP is going to hell.
    UK Shonen Jump Fans show VIZ you want Shonen Jump Alpha!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02875369802750

  20. #60

    Default Re: 531: ''Ryuuguu Palace! Let by the Shark that They Saved''

    Quote Originally Posted by jackskellinghog View Post
    See this is why AP is going to hell.
    Because some of us aren't HD fanboys?

    Oh boy..
    Last edited by MasterKingJC; January 15th, 2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Deet da dee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts