+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 30 Rock

Default 30 Rock

I was looking for this show here but I didn't find one. It Liz Lemon, head writer of the sketch comedy show "TGS with Tracy Jordan", must deal with an arrogant new boss and a crazy new star, all while trying to run a successful TV show without losing her mind. It started 2006 and won a couple awards. Who here watches it? The creator of course is Tina Fey and this show have a lot of other main characters who are very funny.

Default Re: 30 Rock

Liz Lemon is my dream woman. I joke about how the fictional character will be my wife.

I love this show...Haven't watched it in a while, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    Liz Lemon is my dream woman. I joke about how the fictional character will be my wife.
    You too, huh?

I love this show. Last weeks episode was nice. I've never really enjoyed Kenneth or Tracy(after the first season) but Jack, Liz, and Jenna were good to see again.

Go jump back up your mother!
    I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Loved Kenneth this episode! Best was Santa and Jesus coming out of the dumpster, and them bringing Kenneth to the ocean. I liked the subplots much more than Liz's mystery storyline, even though Tracy was hilarious stalking her.
    Quote Originally Posted by firecrouch View Post
    Well do you really think Trojan Condoms needs 12 year-olds that are up really late to see their commercials?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Yes, in fact I do. These brats today don't wait anymore.

I been getting into 30 Rock the last few months from watching it on comdey central. The cast for this show is pretty much prefect. I always get a laugh whenever Frank is on screen. My favorite character on the show are Liz, Tracy, Kenneth, Jenna, and Frank.

Holy shit... there wasn't a 30 Rock thread before 2012?

What the FUCK Arlong Park!?

That being said: the WNBA dancer bit made me lol like a madman xD

Indeed, the WNBA thing made myself laugh as well.

This show is absolutely great, though I felt last season was really hit or miss. The episode where she broke up with matt damon was hilarious though.
    Ganzbino

Two new episodes of 30 Rock tonight. Woot.

God, the MLK Day segment on the 2nd new episode was funny as hell. Espically, Mankind's appearnce.

Baw gawd bah gawd!!

Mrs. Foley's little boy!!!

Anything else is better than Madonna this Sunday. Make it happen Jack
    http://www.nbc.com/30-rock/video/For-a-Song/1382187

Just watched the new episode. I like the Jack and Liz storyline about Liz's new contract. I did like the character development on Tracy, Jenna, and Kenneth. I'm curious where Kenneth's storyline is going to take for the next few episodes.

The 30 Rock Pizza Hut commerical that aired during the pregame for the Super Bowl was funny as hell.

30 Rock is doing another live episode on April 26th.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=712789

Someone able to help me get into this show? I tried watching the first 3 episodes (since this show is so praised around the internet) but the humor was largely miss. Maybe I don't get the references due a cultural difference? Or does the show become a lot better if I keep watching?

Or maybe it's just not my kind of humor? Shows that I greatly enjoyed are (malcolm in the middle, How I met your mother, Community, some two and a half men episodes, big bang theory).

Would be nice if someone could give some perspective since I'm really in the mood to get into a new comedy show/sitcom.

I really liked Weird Al's appearance in the second episode last night. I haven't watched any episodes since the previous season ended (at least, I think that's what it was - where Jack had to decide between Avery and Nancy), so I was kind of thrown off by the fact that Avery had, apparently, been kidnapped by North Korea, but I still found both episodes hilarious.

EDIT: Actually, I guess that I had stopped at the season 4 finale, and this is season 6. I really need to get caught up.

Depraved Prince of AP Monkey King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    Someone able to help me get into this show? I tried watching the first 3 episodes (since this show is so praised around the internet) but the humor was largely miss. Maybe I don't get the references due a cultural difference? Or does the show become a lot better if I keep watching?

Or maybe it's just not my kind of humor? Shows that I greatly enjoyed are (malcolm in the middle, How I met your mother, Community, some two and a half men episodes, big bang theory).

Would be nice if someone could give some perspective since I'm really in the mood to get into a new comedy show/sitcom.
    It's dumbass non-sequiter humor delivered in a dry way. It is an aquired taste but I eventually fell in love once I figured out it's mood and pace.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information