+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 653: The hero's hat

Default Re: Chapter 653: The hero's hat

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    Just me or is Shanks really scary in this page?
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/18
    His right eye is bigger than the left.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Oh look! More baby seals! Vermouth's Avatar

And what happens to the gyojin dojo? I really wanted to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    His right eye is bigger than the left.
    Yea, it's like something from a horror movie...
    NOOOO, WHAT I'VE DONE
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    Just me or is Shanks really scary in this page?
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/18
    I agree this panel cought me off guard. He looks sinister. As if he had been ill. Not a good capture of the old Shanks. Otherwise the chapter was good. Nice comedy, decent progess of the story and setting up the second part of the fishman island story for later.

ALSKDJLAKSDJ

THIS CHAPTER.

As for Jinbe not joining right now: Didn't Vivi say the same thing (something like "take be with you later") when the Strawhats left Alabasta?

And yeah, Shanks looked really derpy in that one shot. xD

Banalona for the win! Kokolores's Avatar

So, now it's basically a done deal that Jinbe and Shirahoshi will become part of the SH? Or at the very least Shirahoshi will gain a similar status as Vivi.
    Gorlak wants you for the army

This is like a Bleack chapter. NOTHING HAPPENED!

Waiting For Wano

Good chapter, better than last week. Can't believe in one weeks time we'lly finally enter the New World :). I liked Luffys little flashback scene, Shanks did look a lil weird too :S

I found Luffy's face, when he looked at the new Log Post very scary. o__O It gave me shivers.

just 2 fast funny notes
    nami sister in page 13 in mangastream or 12 in manga reader
    "left panel same face , same hairstyle just one diff she is mermaid "

the promise is not complete " no zoro no franky fingers "

here is the mystery :

luffy will destroy fishman island so i expect to see dark side luffy after 1 year in manga storyline

I have a question
    luffy promise to see shir again .... could be she is the one who stop darkside luffy with here ability or something like that ??

Why was Jimbe just ignored like that when straw hats were leaving? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    Actually you can tell 2 things happened.
    First, the SH's left the island as heroes and learned about the magnetic field of the NW's islands. Second, they made a promise with Shirahoshi to one day return.
    If this was a Bleach chapter, Neptune would reveal himself as a villian, attacking Luffy from behind, while Zoro and Sanji would do nothing about it. Maybe a flashback would start aswell, who knows. And Shank's one shot would have been even more creppy.

Bittersweet. On one hand, I found myself laughing a LOT during the chapter (minister of the right and Neptune's conversation was hilarious), and it left me with a warm feeling.
    On the other hand, it's true we left a lot of things in FI. We definitely needed more exploration (Fishman Karate Dojo, I know, I know. . .), and some things just "were there". Den, hello? Are you there?

BUUUUUUUUUUT! That brings me to my next point, and that is. . .there'll be more Fishman Island. You guys KNOW IT. Fucking POSEIDON is there, and Caribou knows it, and he'll tell his "boss" about it (Doflamingo? Better yet. . .BUGGY?. . .). I'm SURE Den is fixing Noa right now. That won't go unnoticed. Jinbe will come back too. AND, this chapter just basicaly STATED that Shirley's prediction is still on hold to become true in the near future. . .

This was not Good Bye. This was a "see you later, space cowboy".

Edit: Plot-related stuff not happening in a chapter = chapter is invalid?? Seriously guys. . .One Piece ain't even about it's plot. Sure, it's great, and it keeps us glued and interested on this manga, but the core, the essence, is to have fun. Wasn't this chapter fucking funny? Can't some of you enjoy it for what it is?

Great chapter. Had to read it a couple times to figure out all the little connections.

And also can any1 spot Pandaman? i couldn't find him and i been through whole thing like 4 times.
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    WHY DIDN'T THEY REACH THE NEW WORLD AND SHOW OFF ALL THE SUPERNOVAS AND GIVE NEW ANCIENT HISTORY HINTS ALL IN ONE CHAPTER

Seriously, have some of you guys never rea a One Piece Arc finale before? Were you just expecting them to leave the island in the first three pages? That there wouldn't be a final "YEEEEAAAH!" spread to underline the momentous occasion that is going into the new world? This chapter was NOT uneventful. It gave closure to a lot of the plot threads of the arc before moving on to the next, something that is shat royally upon in mangas like Bleach.

- Closure of Shyarleys prediction
    - Explanation of the new world log pose mechanics, brought up 40 chapters ago.
    - Proper farewells from Hacchi, Keimi and Pappug and the royal family, and hits at what their future holds.
    - Closure of Shirahoshis progression from an isolated scaredycat to someone capable of-and willing to- finally seeing the world, as shown by her promise to Luffy.
    - General Farewell from fishman-kind in general, as well as showing of the shift in fishman islands attitude towards humans. Also, Jinbes role regarding this new mentality.
    - Departure, explanation of their mechanism of ascension, and giving a proper new world greeting from the entire crew.

That Oda found time to squeeze in tonnes of good gags and crew interactions is just the icing on the cake.

If this was Bleach the whole log pose thing would be forgotten, along with the prediction. There woul be hardly any characters from the arc present, some of the crewmembers wouldn't even appear, much less have comments on the arc ending. There would be no adressing of the progress of fishman island.
    It would be a chapter solely consisting of Shirahoshi gushing over how great Luffy is.
    With a minimal amount of backgrouns.

Waiting For Wano

Wow feels weird seeing that flashback of Luffy talking to Coby about new world, only because Luffy is shown shorter than Coby... what the..

Banalona for the win! Kokolores's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dedo1231 View Post
    just 2 fast funny notes
    nami sister in page 13 in mangastream or 12 in manga reader
    "left panel same face , same hairstyle just one diff she is mermaid "
    That's ok, because both don't wear panties.

here is the mystery :

luffy will destroy fishman island so i expect to see dark side luffy after 1 year in manga storyline

I have a question
    luffy promise to see shir again .... could be she is the one who stop darkside luffy with here ability or something like that ??
    The concept of a darkside luffy doesn't fit One Piece. We don't know why Luffy will destroy FI. It could be that Luffy is doing it for the same reason he was willing to destroy the Baratie or Noah. Besides with Noah as the ultimate escape boat and possible future home of the Fishmen and Mermen FI can easily be destroyed. Especially since Otohime already petitioned for the allowance to migrate to the surface ten years ago. If they migrate to the surface FI is no longer needed.
    Gorlak wants you for the army

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolores View Post
    The concept of a darkside luffy doesn't fit One Piece. We don't know why Luffy will destroy FI. It could be that Luffy is doing it for the same reason he was willing to destroy the Baratie or Noah. Besides with Noah as the ultimate escape boat and possible future home of the Fishmen and Mermen FI can easily be destroyed. Especially since Otohime already petitioned for the allowance to migrate to the surface ten years ago. If they migrate to the surface FI is no longer needed.
    I just noticed something. Isn't Jinbe going to get a STRAW HAT for that boy? Isn't the premonition about a person with a STRAW HAT? Caribou is still in the island aswell, not that I'm expecting him to do such thing, but if the premonition turns out to be true, then this chapter somehow hinted it.
    EDIT: Here's the page http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/16
    Last edited by GJardim; January 18th, 2012 at 06:50 AM.

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Edit: Plot-related stuff not happening in a chapter = chapter is invalid?? Seriously guys. . .One Piece ain't even about it's plot. Sure, it's great, and it keeps us glued and interested on this manga, but the core, the essence, is to have fun. Wasn't this chapter fucking funny? Can't some of you enjoy it for what it is?
    Can I give you a bro-fist?

great chapter, but once again it seems alot of you are jumping to the conclusion that this was the end chapter of fishman island, even if it is... there would still be a transsition arc like for example post-fishman island , with showing us the straw hats going towards the surface again, whatever caribou is going to do, some more talk between potentially neptune and jinbe regarding big mom, perhaps some scenes in the new world of what the other rookies have been upto etc... , there is no way that the gang will resurface in the new world next week already....

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information