Thread: Chapter 653: The hero's hat

Default Re: Chapter 653: The hero's hat

Quote Originally Posted by dedo1231 View Post
    just 2 fast funny notes
    nami sister in page 13 in mangastream or 12 in manga reader
    "left panel same face , same hairstyle just one diff she is mermaid "

the promise is not complete " no zoro no franky fingers "

here is the mystery :

luffy will destroy fishman island so i expect to see dark side luffy after 1 year in manga storyline

I have a question
    luffy promise to see shir again .... could be she is the one who stop darkside luffy with here ability or something like that ??
    So you expect Luffy to pull a Sasuke?

By the way, I loved the ambiguity of two particular scenes in this chapter. First being Shyarly's (god that name's so weird) words about the possibility of "the one wrong prediction..." and the second the scene between Luffy and Jinbe. Especially the latter gave me a badass vibe; like something awesome's bound to happen.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Can I give you a bro-fist?
    me too,this chapter is why enjoy One Piece

Maybe it's just me, but I got a little goosebump when they all made a promise with Shirahoshi. Mostly because we all know that she's going to play a key role in the story's finale, and that quite a terrible fate awaits her (especially if she falls into the hand of Doflamingo, or Blackbeard, or the government, which I can definitely see happening). Oda will most likely use this "promise" scene as a tear-jerking flashblack a few years later as well.....

just 2 fast funny notes

here is the mystery :

luffy will destroy fishman island so i expect to see dark side luffy after 1 year in manga storyline

I have a question
    luffy promise to see shir again .... could be she is the one who stop darkside luffy with here ability or something like that ??
    Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    This is like a Bleack chapter. NOTHING HAPPENED!
    Spoiler:

“In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.”

honk honk<-foxes say this Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

just 2 fast funny notes

here is the mystery :

I have a question
    This is the best post.

The one..the powerful.. Thatanas's Avatar

Jinbe --> Gets Straw Hat --> Gives Straw Hat --> That person with the Straw Hat = Man with Straw Hat in vision from Madame --> Will terrorize FI in a while.

Think that might be the case.

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    This is like a Bleack chapter. NOTHING HAPPENED!
    Stupidity is on the rise, it seems.

>closure on navigation problems
    >explanation on tboth the future of FI and the prediction of it's destruction
    >some character development for Shirhoshi
    >official send-off to the New World
    >some nice jokes

That's good enough for me.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Well I am just glad that this arc is finally over. On to the New World!!! :D
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here (UPDATE 3/8/14)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 02/1/14)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.3 is UP!)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatanas View Post
    Jinbe --> Gets Straw Hat --> Gives Straw Hat --> That person with the Straw Hat = Man with Straw Hat in vision from Madame --> Will terrorize FI in a while.

Think that might be the case.
    YEAH, someone else thought the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    I just noticed something. Isn't Jinbe going to get a STRAW HAT for that boy? Isn't the premonition about a person with a STRAW HAT? Caribou is still in the island aswell, not that I'm expecting him to do such thing, but if the premonition turns out to be true, then this chapter somehow hinted it.
    EDIT: Here's the page http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/72807077/16

Will first read all the comments and than make one myself
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

The one..the powerful.. Thatanas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    YEAH, someone else thought the same.
    *High five!* ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by evilvanessafan View Post
    great chapter, but once again it seems alot of you are jumping to the conclusion that this was the end chapter of fishman island, even if it is... there would still be a transsition arc like for example post-fishman island , with showing us the straw hats going towards the surface again, whatever caribou is going to do, some more talk between potentially neptune and jinbe regarding big mom, perhaps some scenes in the new world of what the other rookies have been upto etc... , there is no way that the gang will resurface in the new world next week already....
    This is the end chapter. We've already had the post FI island arc. That's what everything since Hody got beat has been.
    And Caribou is beaten. Pekoms took him out last chapter.
    Knowing Oda, we're not going to get any shots of the Supernovas or learn anything substantial about them until the SHs encounter them.

There's really nothing left to cover.

A very warming chapter. Love the interaction beetwen the Strawhatsas always. This is the One Piece I know... And seriously, comparing this chapter with bleach's is ridiculous. If you have taken a certain chapter from marineford arc, I'd have agreed.

Shirley and Keimie's statements about the prediction made the chapter for me. Shit is far from being over, guys (just like Enel and his spacey minions).
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

I wasn't expecting an ending chapter this soon.
    I literally went back and skimmed through the previous chapter to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    My thought process was Big Mom was coming to Fishman Island to destroy it/Luffy, and now Luffy leaves?

Anyways, Smoker and Tashigi will probably be seen real soon now.

This chapter was hilarious and just so heartwarming. I also feel like we'll be seeing Fishman Island again. There's the promises and stuff that hasn't been quite resolved yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCook View Post
    I wasn't expecting an ending chapter this soon.
    I literally went back and skimmed through the previous chapter to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    My thought process was Big Mom was coming to Fishman Island to destroy it/Luffy, and now Luffy leaves?

Anyways, Smoker and Tashigi will probably be seen real soon now.
    It never was Big Mam's intention to come to FI. Luffy challenged her and she answered that she's waiting for him in the NW. Therefore Luffy has to come to her and not vice versa.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Wasn't the most filling chapter, I still seemed hungry for a little more One Piece after I read it. But I enjoyed it, it was a feel good chapter. I think the fact that Jimbei isn't joining now could mean that we will get a flashback for him in a coming arc. Over all Oda has left a lot for build up and this chapter was a great chapter to excite us for the story lines to come.

FINALLY, TO THE NEW WORLD!

UK Shonen Jump Fans show VIZ you want Shonen Jump Alpha!!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Opera...02875369802750

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    It never was Big Mam's intention to come to FI. Luffy challenged her and she answered that she's waiting for him in the NW. Therefore Luffy has to come to her and not vice versa.
    Okay, thanks for the clarification there.

Anyone notice the huge spelling mistakes in the Mangastream post?
    They consistently left the "f" off of if. So what we read is "I we passed"

Quote Originally Posted by blackness662 View Post
    Oh well...
    I am a little disappointed.
    No Fishmen Karate Dojo this time, everything was rushed, no Jinbe, just a simple goodbye.
    It wasn't a good way to end this arc.
    For me, the only disappointing thing is to read posts like these. It's sad that some fans don't truly value what Oda does and always tend to crucify him when something doesn't meet their own expectations.Why not try to become less intransigent? Why not stop to reflect a bit and see if the real problem doesn't lie in you, rather than the author? We got great reveals, many funny moments, some cool characters... it may have it's flaws,but the pros still surpass the cons, don't you think? That's more than enough for me. I expect even better arcs in the future? Yeah,definitely...but I will not call them 'disappointing' if they don't turn exactly as i've imagined.
    Therefore,while I am always looking for more, I must say that I also tend to appreciate and be happy for what I already have in hands...especially when it comes to something that I have the pleasure of enjoying FOR FREE.
    And just to complement my point, allow me to show this little video that illustrates decently well the message that i'm trying to convey here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lkus...ure=plpp_video

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information