+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Blue Deep, new One Piece book (March 2012)

Discovered Stowaway Doke no Buggy's Avatar

Default Re: One Piece Blue Deep, new One Piece book (March 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Moriah View Post
    Actually the blue databook came out eight months after the red databook. And even though it's a different series the third Bleach databook "Unmasked" came out one year after "Masked".
    Well, I'll eat my words now that we know it's a data book, but red was such a different kind of book than the other ones. Blue was by far my favorite of the data books and I hope it has the same kinda of information and detail of blue.

Great!

Love new infos.

Amazon.jp has posted the page count for the book at 298, maybe this book will be a continuation of sorts for blue covering the characters where it left off at and maybe even covering the Fishman Island arc.

how long was data book blue and how many characters did it contain roughly?

Like smash brothers and other fighting games? Come read my articles at http://www.thefighterscorner.org/

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    how long was data book blue and how many characters did it contain roughly?
    It was the shortest of the data books - about the length of a regular One Piece volume with 9 chapters. It contained every character from volume 1 to volume 24 (so from the start to half of the Jaya characters) - I guess that's about 150-200, not that I have counted.
    So Blue Deep would have to star the rest of the Jaya characters onward to Fishman Island. I hope it will not only take the new ones, but also old ones that has changed in appearance, occupation and role in the story like post-timeskip Straw Hats, Coby and Buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantGuy View Post
    I hope it will not only take the new ones, but also old ones that has changed in appearance, occupation and role in the story like post-timeskip Straw Hats, Coby and Buggy.
    That would be good, since Blue only covered the first half of the Jaya arc (it never mentioned Cricket or the Shichibukai/Marine meeting) and the Blackbeard Pirates were given different names since the book never covered the Luffy/Bellamy fight (Teach was called the Cherry Pie Man and Doc Q something like the Apple Bomb seller). Another good thing would be having another animal and devil fruit index as well, although a majority of those animals will probably be classified as either Type C Creatures: Big Savage and Type D Creatures: Small Savage (the majority of the animals featured during the Amazon Lily and Impel Down arc).
    Last edited by Moriah; February 2nd, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

just to show the info about Blue Deep being a deeper version of Blue...

I hope he gives the secretary a name.

Also we never got the names of the risky brothers. I want that as well

Like smash brothers and other fighting games? Come read my articles at http://www.thefighterscorner.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
    just to show the info about Blue Deep being a deeper version of Blue...
    Very Good

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    I hope he gives the secretary a name.

Also we never got the names of the risky brothers. I want that as well
    When Oda gives names to previously unnamed characters they are mostly joke like names (especially if there one time characters). For example Negikuma Maria (the citizen of Drum Island that Luffy and Usopp mistook for a Hiking Bear) her name translates to Onion Bear Maria making a reference to a bear and Mashikaku (the Marine stationed at Loguetown under Smoker's command) whose name translate to "Really Rectangular".

But still some names for unnamed characters would be great such as the masked vice admiral

The one in between Strawberry and Momonga

The samurai helmet wearing rear admiral (I believe that was his rank) that was outside of Impel Down

Also I believe it may cover the Fishman Island arc because of these two pages at the end of chapter 653

It mentions Blue Deep by the date, but just not by name.

How about tons of names?

Like Giant Squad member's names? Please Oda, PLEASE! I'll cry rainbows if Oda finally gives them names. Also, I'll change my avatar to a traffic cone and my signature to a glass of wine for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    How about tons of names?

Like Giant Squad member's names? Please Oda, PLEASE! I'll cry rainbows if Oda finally gives them names. Also, I'll change my avatar to a traffic cone and my signature to a glass of wine for a month.
    I keep forgetting to mention them, especially the female giant is the name I want to know (being the only female giant so far featured in the series).

I keep forgetting to mention them, especially the female giant is the name I want to know (being the only female giant so far featured in the series).
    Yep, it still remains a mystery to me how Oda just showed her and did nothing. She appeared in like 4 panels, mostly in the background.

Why do I have the feeling Horny will really be named Horny? Or Hornmask?

It mentions Blue Deep by the date, but just not by name.
    No, it mentions Volume 65 realase date (3rd February) ^^

Quote Originally Posted by redon View Post
    No, it mentions Volume 65 realase date (3rd February) ^^
    My mistake I got them confused since Blue Deep is released on (March 2nd) the release dates for Volume 65 and BD are just reversed with the month and the day.

When I was looking up any possible information on BD, one member at Raftel forums posted this:

"Based on the ad at the end of Chapter 653, it appears to be a something akin to a databook that will cover the crew's time spent during the two year time skip and possibly go into their new abilities/moves some more. Essentially it seems to be something to go along with the beginning of the New World story."

Maybe he the got the dates mixed up as well, although I see you are also a member of Raftel forums. I don't mean any insult just pointing it out, once again sorry.

Also maybe it will reveal the name of Kaido's cyborg crew member.
    Last edited by Moriah; February 5th, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    Yep, it still remains a mystery to me how Oda just showed her and did nothing. She appeared in like 4 panels, mostly in the background.

Why do I have the feeling Horny will really be named Horny? Or Hornmask?
    It may be some other corny variation...when I look at he pictures of him those horns make me think of Oxhorns

Yeah I was dissapointed at lack of 'screentime' for the other pretty females during the war, Main felames we see are Boa, some of elderly Tsuru, but next to nothing of the unnamed giantess or Whitey Bay, just a few panel, less than a handfull.

I also just remembered someone else I want to know the name of Kalifa's father. Although he's never been named since he was brought up in an SBS question and then again when he was pointed out in the Green databook, so then again he may never be named.

Also revealing the names of the other Red Haired pirates that showed up during the Whitebeard War.

maybe it covers the events since Mock Town...
    the Blue databook covers until there...
    a lot of info with names of characters, places, devil fruits, animals, from Skypiea to Marineford...
    that's my guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    It may be some other corny variation...when I look at he pictures of him those horns make me think of Oxhorns

Yeah I was dissapointed at lack of 'screentime' for the other pretty females during the war, Main felames we see are Boa, some of elderly Tsuru, but next to nothing of the unnamed giantess or Whitey Bay, just a few panel, less than a handfull.
    I hope he'll have some sort of viking name.
    Horny would be great too.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Boa Hancock was the only female who got many panels. It'd have been great to see more of Tsuru; she's awesome.
    Yamakaji and Komir: Why don't you go make yourself a tea or something? We'll handle things here. It's not safe here for you.
    Tsuru: Be quiet children, I'm trying to concentrate on the war.

Also the scene where she washed those pirates. "You're a thousand years late kids..."

Which saddens me though that while Tsuru will probably have more paneltime along with Sengoku and Garp, the giantess will probably vanish with the rest of the Giant Squad. I'm still hoping them to appear in the Elbaf/giants/whatever arc.

I hope Whitey Bay will also make a reappearance. She was so cool.

News in One Piece chapter 656 cover.

What story has everyone been wanting to hear?

I hope it's chapter 0. Then it could come to Germany..

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information