+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 532: ''The Cowardly Crybaby! The Mermaid Princess of the Solid Shell Tower''

Default Re: 532: ''The Cowardly Crybaby! The Mermaid Princess of the Solid Shell Tower''

...Well I for one liked the eating scene.

*triple flame shield*
    New World is best world.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: 532: ''The Cowardly Crybaby! The Mermaid Princess of the Solid Shell Tower''

Quote Originally Posted by Electrivire View Post
    ...Well I for one liked the eating scene.

*triple flame shield*
    I agree the eating scene was good.

I actually got headaches at Shirahoshis voice....but it fits. Excellent episode though, love Hody and VDD. Very underrated characters

When Tate's animation is for something goofy or comic, I don't really have any complaints, i.e. the eating scene and Usopp's Whereabouts stories (for the most part). It's when he's given something serious, like Robin's Whereabouts story, that the art really detracts from the message, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    "I say that it was bad and everyone who thinks differently is fooling himself and a moron."

or

"You like something? Tell me the fucking reasons why you like it because you're not supposed to have an opinion without stating various reasons as to why."

You may choose one since both are equally retarded. Quite honestly I can't believe that you're starting a discussion because someone likes something that you don't. Opinions are subjective and tend to differ; remember that.
    And by the way -- I liked the art. Why? Because it's *my* opinion. :)
    You know what's more retarded? This constant spiel of respecting opinions especially the ones that make no sense. What, you think people fart random opinions out of thin air? Last time I checked, they formulate them based on certain aspects they liked or dislike. And if you're gonna make them, I'm allowed to take them to task especially if they're based on stupid claims that anyone with functioning senses could tell.

"I think the sky is yellow and the moon is made of cheese! It's my opinion, so I can't be wrong!"

Or to put it another way "Please respect my opinion that I think your opinion is stupid" :)

You see what a pointless argument it is?
    Last edited by TLC; January 22nd, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

I liked the fluidity of the animation at times in this episode. The art was a little wonkier at those points, but it's not that noticeable thanks to the fluidity. I'm kinda annoyed they used the good fluid animation in a mostly exposition episode, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    You know what's more retarded? This constant spiel of respecting opinions especially the ones that make no sense. What, you think people fart random opinions out of thin air? Last time I checked, they formulate them based on certain aspects they liked or dislike. And if you're gonna make them, I'm allowed to take them to task especially if they're based on stupid claims taht anyone with functioning senses could tell.

"I think shit tastes delicious! It's my opinion, so I can't be wrong!"
    You're fucking hilarious. Who are you to decide if an opinion makes sense? Who the fuck are you to think that your opinion is the right one and everyone else is an idiot for not sharing it with you? Don't you get it? It doesn't matter what you come up with or what you claim to know; you simply can't change personal preferences. Opinions are subjective and you're a moron if you waste your time attacking them.

Speaking of wasting time... if you have to tell me something else then take it to PM. It's not necessary to flame this thread.

Since you apparently edited your post, here's my answer. I do respect your opinion when you say that you didn't like that particular animation. But I won't be quiet and watch how you bash other people's opinions on the subject.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    You're fucking hilarious. Who are you to decide if an opinion makes sense? Who the fuck are you to think that your opinion is the right one and everyone else is an idiot for not sharing it with you? Don't you get it? It doesn't matter what you come up with or what you claim to know; you simply can't change personal preferences. Opinions are subjective and you're a moron if you waste your time attacking them.

Speaking of wasting time... if you have to tell me something else then take it to PM. It's not necessary to flame this thread.
    I don't have to be anyone. This is a thread, we discuss things. I put out MY opinion. If you were here at the start instead of jumping into your autopiloted, pointless reponse of "RESPECT EVERYONE'S OPINIONZ", you'd see I didn't even attack anyone as much as replying to someone who didn't like my opinion.

But whatever, I see someone make claims based on a fact that my cognitive functions clearly tell are wrong, I'm gonna point it out. I actually have no problem with people liking something I don't contrary to what you may believe but if you make an opinion, you should be capable of defending it. Your argument is pointless in all sense of the word and one I'm sick and tired of hearing because of how pointless AND hypocritical it can be. If you think it's pointless to attack someone for their opinions and anyone who would do so is a moron, then what would that make you who is attacking my opinion that opinions are to be debated? By your logic, there would be no point in formulating an opinion in the first place and no point for this forum.

Or to put it another way, respect my opinion that I think your opinion is pointless and stupid and move on please:)
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sag d seb View Post
    I enjoyed the episode but, with all respect to Tate's admirers I cringe each time I see his artwork in scenes that don't need to be fast paced. In Luffy's eating scene he just looks odd, like a mass of flesh ankwardly moving in the search for food. I get that he's rubber, but could he at least keep his human form? please?
    You do realize he was stuffing his face full of food, to the point where he was bloated?

Carcharodon Piledriver! Crossword's Avatar

If I see any more flaming amongst you guys, I won't hesistate to start handing out thread bans and even infractions, if it comes to that. So knock it off now and prove to me that you guys have some maturity within you. This is your only warning.
    ~Stargazer~, an original story.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    When Tate's animation is for something goofy or comic, I don't really have any complaints, i.e. the eating scene and Usopp's Whereabouts stories (for the most part). It's when he's given something serious, like Robin's Whereabouts story, that the art really detracts from the message, in my opinion.
    I strongly agree to this. Tate is great when it comes to goofy animation. Besides, Luffy was gorging himself with food to roughly 3 times his size. It's definitely on par with his hilarious fat Usopp animation -- deliberatley both grotesque and comical. He really seems to have no passion for directing dramatic, actionless scenes which just appear minimalistic and little else. The problem some may have with his "good" stuff be that it is more his style than Oda's style.

I also don't have a problem with the series not having a dogmatic adherance to Oda's art. Since Oda has minimal involvement with the animated series and there is no one central animation director for the series (I'm guessing around 10 separate animation teams work simutaneously on a scene-by scene basis) it should be expected that a few animation directors end up breaking out of the cookie cutter "Oda style" and put their own interpretation in the animation and direction of a scene.

Sorta like how many people prefer the earlier somewhat more exaggerated animation of '90s The Simpsons even though Matt Groening went through great lengths to root it out of the series towards its present look.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    You do realize he was stuffing his face full of food, to the point where he was bloated?
    Indeed my friend, I do realize he was eating and I'm not complaining about the fill up cheek with food... but the rest.. ohh my eyeeess hurt******

I respect everyone's opinion though; but his art is just not apealling to me outside action scenes. Granted, he's great at making movements fluid but I feel that sometimes he sacrifices form over mobility. But that's just my opinion.
    "In fantasy writting Logic is more of a guideline then a set in stone rule. Use it when you need it - ignore it when you don't.

Although odly enough FOX News also follows this ideal too O.o." (Thanks to Cymeleon)

Seriously, why is that room filled with water? Do they not consult Oda about these important features or am I crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo11 View Post
    Seriously, why is that room filled with water? Do they not consult Oda about these important features or am I crazy?
    They'll be move by a mysterious force to a room without water.... a fixing plot device of sorts. Otherwise I can't see how Toei will handle this unless Hody destroys the castle wall as a demonstration of power and then quicly destroys their bubble... though that wouldn't be cannon at all.
    "In fantasy writting Logic is more of a guideline then a set in stone rule. Use it when you need it - ignore it when you don't.

Although odly enough FOX News also follows this ideal too O.o." (Thanks to Cymeleon)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Check it in manga, this is not how face stuffed with food was drawn...some members are saying that it was funny, i found it distracting...instead of rubber luffy was looking like an ameoba...if this tate starts making each scene of every episode, then even the fans of ameoba animation would soon become fed up with it. In previous episode shirohshi was drawn excellent but in this episode she looked like a 6 year old kid with big boobs, weird....

Can't complain about this episode, great pacing, nice animation!

The anime episode discussion is so rubbish compared to the manga chapter discussions. Most of what I see is talking about how off it looks and not the story. This also goes for the previous episode threads.

Anyways I thought this episode was much better than the previous episode with the long awkward pauses. Shirahoshi's voice actor is perfect for her; she isn't as annoying than in the manga. The Nami, Ussopp and Brooke scene was pretty badass. Plus Luffy's feasting scene was hilarious. Very good episode.

I really don't remember this bubble and the room already being filled with water stuff in the manga. <.<

Quote Originally Posted by dbznarutofreak View Post
    I really don't remember this bubble and the room already being filled with water stuff in the manga. <.<
    Don't worry the luffy eating scene more than makes up for that mistake.

Oh man, Tate's stuff was great. Fluidly animated and perfectly articulated, as usual. I didn't expect to see him again so soon, but I guess it's easier for him to just do key animation on a few small scenes. Hopefully here'll do some of the upcoming battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Roronoa Dodo View Post
    I get that many people prefer fluid-animation, but I would much rather have art that resembles Oda's work, even if it meant a little less flashy animation. It just doesn't do the manga justice if it doesn't look anything like it, IMO. And its not like Tate can't do normal faces, right? From what I saw of that compilation AMV of Tate's work, the other series' didn't suffer from 'deformed characters syndrome'.
    His work on Dragon Ball (which I assume you're speaking of) was almost twenty years earlier in his career. He was mainly an in-between animator before becoming a key animator and at the time he hadn't begun to find his own way. Most beloved key animators are the ones who set themselves apart from the pack and make their work evident. That's what makes Japanese animation so great, it's focused on individuality more so than staying absolutely on model.
    Last edited by Yuugi's Black Magician; January 22nd, 2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Fixed wording.
    "I always think that true geniuses are those who excrete their ideas and creations literally like shit, then flush them and never care." -- A fan on Toriyama Akira

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information