+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 654: GAM

Default Re: Chapter 654: GAM

Holly fucking jesus christ this was BEAUTIFUL enough to make an atheist like me scream for Jesus.

Really, perfect. The jokes the interactions and the whales. And in the end I had to turn on Binks no Sake for the awesome feeling. *-*
    I just love how it captures the feeling of the story and of this chapter in particular. An endless meaningless funny story. I mean, change "deliver the sake" to "find the one piece" and it makes total sense :3. Just love it.

Also I remember predicting somewhere somewhen that the new world's sea would be painted red, prolly it is just this segment but I got happy with it.
    Now I'm waiting for colorings, next chapter's end pages will be epic. And eager for the anime version of this chapter. It will surely be epic. :3

And now I can just scream:
    FUCKING NEW WORLD, FUCK YEAH!

So, what's more epic than running into a mountain-sized whale when crossing over the Red Line? Running into a whole pod of mountain-sized whales when crossing over it again. Glad to see Oda reprising Laboon's meeting as they cross over the Red Line into the New World. I like how he's been reminding us about all the other Straw Hats goals: Sanji's dream of finding All Blue, and now Brook's dream of re-uniting with Laboon.

I can't wait to see this chapter animated.

These last few chapters have been pretty good. Loads of interesting exposition, as opposed to the bulk of FI being rather awkward.

This chapter was great too. A reminder of why all of them are out there in the first place; to have fun with friends, chase dreams, and explore the world.
    I feel relief in just watching you breathe.

I stopped reading the chapter, put this on and it was super effective.
    Amazing chapter, had a real One Piece feeling.

I love it how Oda starts the New World with the very same kind of whales that started the Grand Line. Awesome.

Sorry that I forgot to mention this earlier, but despite how boring the chapter was (to me anyway), I will admit that Zoro unleashing that 360 pound cannon with one sword was badass. :)
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 11/17/14)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic (Ch.4 is UP!)

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post

I stopped reading the chapter, put this on and it was super effective.
    Amazing chapter, had a real One Piece feeling.
    Just reread the second half of this chapter with Binks Sake in the background.

Thoroughly increased my enjoyment of this chapter. Great stand alone chapter and nice set piece at the end entering into New World.

This was an alright chapter, nothing really happened, but at least we are in the new world now. Just one of those "filler" chapters are are inevitable when Oda has to fill the gap between two arcs.

So it was alright.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Perfect chapter ! I enjoyed it very very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrdley View Post
    So, what's more epic than running into a mountain-sized whale when crossing over the Red Line? Running into a whole pod of mountain-sized whales when crossing over it again. Glad to see Oda reprising Laboon's meeting as they cross over the Red Line into the New World. I like how he's been reminding us about all the other Straw Hats goals: Sanji's dream of finding All Blue, and now Brook's dream of re-uniting with Laboon.

I can't wait to see this chapter animated.
    They've mentioned Sanji's All Blue several times, but don't forget that we were reminded of Usopp's before Brook's, even ifs is indirect.
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/636/9
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/636/10

As for Sanji....
    I see Sanji's yelling he's found All Blue while at Fishman island is a cheapening of his actual dream he said at the begining.
    Both Zeff and him believed the All Blue was a sea where fish of all other oceans swam, it was a cook's dream. Yes, its true that the mermaids are all different types. But Sanji went form going to find an ocean that all types of fish to cook to mermaids to lust over, what Sanji found was a pervert's dream, not the actual dream he originally said.

Zoro's 3 swords style will be now called: FULL HD CANON

And anyone thinking as well that poor Smoker is waiting for nothing now and that the SHs passed G5?

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post

And anyone thinking as well that poor Smoker is waiting for nothing now and that the SHs passed G5?
    My heart skipped a beat when I saw that white whirlpool, thinking he'd go to try and head them off, alas no.
    3DS Friendcode: 1177-6707-2664

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post

Poor Smoker, now will have to chase the SHs even in New World.

Dunno why, but seeing those island whales put a big smile on my face. I can feel you Brook. I can feel ya...

And anyone wonder why baby Laboon got separated so far away from his original home? I mean he has to cross calm belt to reach West Blue, it seems impossible for me.
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

So, when is Caribou joining the crew?
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

Is it just me or does it feel like Oda is trying to re-introduce these each of the Straw Hats before they enter into the New World?

I mean Oda your manga is basically a cultural institution these days, I doubt there are any Japanese youth left that couldn't explain the character archetypes of each Straw Hat pirate.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    His role on the crew is replacing the old padlocked fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    After Perona does.

Great chapter. I was worried when I read the spoilers. They made it sound sort of boring.

Nami being OK with Chopper being in the shower with her was an odd change of character. What happened on Weatheria? :-|

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    LOL Usopp the fisherman! Only fisherman I know that can hook a fish with a slingshot. Even if the fish was KO'd the water currents and pressure would interfere with most being able to shoot straight lol Not only did He get it, he got three fish for one hook!
    Funny how Usopp wasn't bothered by the size of the fish, only that it may upturn the ship. Before timeskip he would freak out. He's grown up so well ;)

It was touching with Brook not listening at first that they weren't Laboon, he was emotional over it.
    Well when they saw that rabbit fish that ate Caimie, he didn't freak out either. He actually thought it was pretty small.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

My take on the chapter.

Before I start with my opinion regarding this chapter, I warn all of those who usually dont like critics or bashing of the chapter and Oda to simply look away. It will go in the negative, the rest I hope you can take it for what it is my opinion coupled with the feelings I felt after reading this chapter.

So let me start.
    This time I will mention the cover. I liked it and was pleasantly surprised with it. Didn't expect Lola to reach water 7 and meet the Franky family. Nice take Oda.
    The Chapter
    It starts with some really nice scenes and puns/jokes. Nami taking the shower by using her clima-tact and clouds, Chopper mentioning he is fine because he washed himself 2 days ago than thinking the cloud looks delicious and getting smacked by lightning, and naturally Brook and Sanji peeping.
    It was a nice start to this chapter, it was that daily life on the Sunny feeling all over again and I liked it.
    But than in my opinion Oda goes into "extreme" to justify the plot and the way to go about it. I'll explain myself.
    Basically the majority of the remainder of the chapter is one big mess of a fishing gone bad...The problems I have with these are the following:

- it takes away a great deal of a chapter
    - in a way it is cool it is all chaotic and messy but on the other hand I think this goes way too much in the extreme and that is mostly because...
    - Oda is imo intentionally doing it so - so he can OUTMANEUVER Smoker! And that imo is all that is to it. He wants to create some kind of plot line which would lead the Straw Hats to end up on some totally different surface than the one near the Red Line where Smoker is waiting. And while in general I would not have mind it all that much, since it is his story and he can create is as he pleases, it bothers me to no end, that this is the way he decides to do it. This messy 75% of the chapter fishing gone bad ----> caught up in some strange first seen deep sea current ----> saved somehow, by a bunch of big whales = ending up on an entirely different surface that smoker is on

The only thing I felt about the entire scene was irritation and in the end it didn't feel all that funny and heart touching it was supposed to look like, because of all the unnatural way all the above happened. And I must admit my heart probably stopped a bit too when they were counting members of the crew in the process because I was thinking, god please dont make it to be the next somebody has gone missing thing...

However when they resurfaced I felt better and that last panel was really nice. The scenery and the phrases the crew members used (especially Nami's about the needle gone crazy and Luffy's perfect words...) I loved that part.

All and all for me, not a good chapter for the simple reasons stated above and personally I feel that Oda could do better, much better.

That was it for my "review" I hope nobody has the urge to assault me right now. Now I am off to read some of yours intakes
    Last edited by blue-san; January 25th, 2012 at 06:14 AM.
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

BTW
    Sanji needs a zoan DF to replace Chopper in the shower

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information