+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 654: GAM

Default Re: Chapter 654: GAM

This was, to me anyway, a rather boring chapter. I do appreciate that it's a little breather chapter before getting on with a new arc. Still I thought the crew interactions were alright, although I disliked the Nami fanservice scene. I think what it comes down to is that this would be better animated, particularly with the Binks Sake scene.

In any event I'm excited that they're finally in the New World. Looking forward to next chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    the whales are the ones who created the strange current
    http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/10139425/15

Actually they created another current which is different from the one the ship got sucked to at the start
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Actually they created another current which is different from the one the ship got sucked to at the start
    eh right i was wrong then, my bad

Cant wait to see this in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    This was, to me anyway, a rather boring chapter. I do appreciate that it's a little breather chapter before getting on with a new arc. Still I thought the crew interactions were alright, although I disliked the Nami fanservice scene. I think what it comes down to is that this would be better animated, particularly with the Binks Sake scene.

In any event I'm excited that they're finally in the New World. Looking forward to next chapter.
    One Piece is an Adventure Manga, not a Battle Manga,
    Battles are just part of its adventure.....
    Like this page if you want One Piece Color Walk 1 to be reprinted again by Vizmedia
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Reprint-One-Piece-Color-Walk-1/211958312191582

Remember Luffy got sucked into maelstorm at very beginning of his adventures. Am I mistaken or theres certain symmetry to this?
    Also: Island Wales come from West Blue yet they are in new World, can they cross Calm Belts or is All Blue near?

Quote Originally Posted by summer9 View Post
    One Piece is an Adventure Manga, not a Battle Manga,
    Battles are just part of its adventure.....
    I don't think it was about the absence of battles. There just wasn't that much going on. My favourite chapters are the ones about the government (so no action) and I still thought this one boring.

I don't know which Brookism to go with,

NEW WORLD
    NEW WORLD

or

LABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO N

Could anyone, please, tell me what the heck means 'GAM'?

Definitely pumped for next chapter now!

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Hilarious facefaults.

Sanji getting charred and counting only Nami and Robin.

Deep-sea fishing.

A throwback to the Grand Line entry, now with gigantic Laboons.

Surfacing on the vehemently raging and dangerously wild New World sea.

Perfect chapter, couldn't ask for more.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

I THINK LUFFY AND CO WILL START WHERE UROUGE WAS!!

There was some interesting symmetry but the humor and crew interaction felt really off at the beginning of the chapter. I think Oda was trying too hard with with the fanservice scene because it really wasn't funny nor arousing. After that though things picked up and my heart literally jumped when I thought I saw Laboon but thankfully it really wasn't him because it would have been too early. Overall, an alright chapter because really the only thing that happened was them reaching the surface. If you think about it though it was pretty quick compared to the time it took for them to reach Fishman Island.
    Everything's Eventual...

Ok'ish chapter, Sanji saved it for me.

honk honk<-foxes say this Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Really good chapter. The Nami bits were fun for the most part, but the last spread with the whole crew (minus NotMansopp) bearing big excited grins over the prospect of this strange, terrifying New World was satisfying.~

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    I know it was mentioned that strange currents exist and what not. No problem with the current itself what I am getting at was all of those things I mentioned put together in order to justify the plot line which at least for me seems over the top, too messy and could have been handled better.

I understand however if none of you felt the same way about it though...
    My take on it is. Don't fret over it. Sounds like your upset over how all these crazy things happened all in order to skip smoker. UM HELLO, smoker was shown only at the end of last chapter. If he wasn't shown waiting for SH, would you find this chapter fine then?

Its really just Oda trolling smoker. He could have easily had smoker not be waiting and had this be just some neat entrance. Seeing how everything unique in the one piece universe the strawhats encounter, its not surprising they encounter a worm hole of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalcon View Post
    Also: Island Wales come from West Blue yet they are in new World, can they cross Calm Belts or is All Blue near?
    This ...
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sphingx View Post
    Well real whales move around a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised to discover that Island whales migrate from sea to sea in the OP world. It would explain those scars on their heads too.
    I see... but how could it explain those scars? the only reason Laboon got those scars was because he's been desperately waiting for Brook, it's nothing to do with their behavior. Unless you wanted to tell me that those island whales also had a promise with someone.
    Your signature has exceeded the maximum size limit of 100 kb for this forum. Please read the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    This ...
    Why could they not cross the calm belt. They SWIM, they don't need wind to navigate. And look at their size in both being a school of whales and how big they are. They could go through it and not encounter trouble I'm sure.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Ashura_KingFisher View Post
    I see... but how could it explain those scars? the only reason Laboon got those scars was because he's been desperately waiting for Brook, it's nothing to do with their behavior. Unless you wanted to tell me that those island whales also had a promise with someone.
    Considering they in the new world, crossing the calm belt they could encounter some trouble with sea kings.

Luffy found the fabled Warp Zone! Always seems to be his way of getting places

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information