+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warriors Orochi 3

Default Warriors Orochi 3

http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/mo2-gameinfo.php

http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/orochi3/

http://warriorsorochi.co.uk/3/

Warriors Orochi 3. It is already out in japan as of December 22nd 2011. And it releases to American audiences on March 20th and European audiences on March 30th.
    Spoiler:

New Characters

Kaguya
    The moon princess from a Japanese folktale 'Tale of the Bamboo Cutter'
    Weapon: Tree branches
    CV: Makishima Yuki

Shuten-doji
    Ruler of the Oni
    Weapon: Giant gourd
    CV: Konishi Katsuyuki

Ne Zha
    A heavenly general who fought the Monkey King, Sun Wukong. They later became friends.
    Weapon: Beam Rings
    CV: Miyasaka Shunzo

Susanoo
    The legendary hero who actually slain Orochi
    Weapon: Ama-no-Murakumo-no-Tsurugi
    CV: Hamada Kenji

Guest Characters
    These are the characters that are appearing from outside the main Musou series

Ryu Hayabusa
    From Ninja Gaiden
    Weapon: Dragon Sword
    CV: Hori Hideyuki
    Dragged into the distortion when chasing an evil presence
    Anegawa stage has Modern Japan parts added

Jeanne d'Arc (Joan of Arc)
    From Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War
    Weapon: Spear
    CV: Touma Yumi
    Dragged into the distortion when trying to save a unit that gets dragged there
    Mt. Dingjun stage has Medieval European fortress added

Achilles
    From Warriors: Legends of Troy
    Weapon: Xiphos
    CV: Canna Nobutoshi
    Dragged into the distortion when being pelted by arrows during the Trojan war
    Nanzhong stage has Greek buildings added

Ayane
    From Dead or Alive
    Weapon: Fuma Kodachi
    CV: Yamazaki Wakana
    Dragged into the distortion when chasing a fugitive ninja after the end of 4th DOA tournament
    Hasedou stage has Modern beach resort added

Nemea
    From Zill O'll
    Weapon: Lanca
    CV: Koyama Rikiya
    After defeating Demon King Balor he keeps fighting evil forces even after dragged into the distortion
    Kyushu stage has Mystical landscape added (based on Trinity's Ancient Forest dungeon)

I must say.....I am so looking forward to this game.

PSN: Ryuunaga
    , Wii U: Sagittarius (or try Corey), Steam: Sagittarius, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464 (Friend me on any of them)

Default Re: Warriors Orochi 3

I'm looking for it sheerly for the huge roster size... but I've read a lot of complaints from people who have played the Japanese version. Since i'm still getting through Sengoku Basara Utage, and OP Musou hits in March, I can probably wait on it till it drops in price a bit, it's not a first day buy for me, especially after Koei's last couple outings have been meh. (DW 6 was bad, and I downright hated DW7 for a LOT of reasons. Gundam 3 was pretty good, though the maps were terrible.)

The teams of 3 thing seems interesting, though its basically going to amount to the weapons system that I HATED in DW7.

There's apparently a friendship/bond system... like Gundam 2 rather than Gundam 3. That sucks. basically means you have to pick out *a* character and stick with em for the entirety of the game till you've maxed out all the relationships, and with a roster THAT huge, thats 50-80 hours. Luckily you can switch out the other two characters I suppose. But the bond system could really suck. Especially if is implemented like DW7 where two player play excludes building it.

It has a level editor, but thats extremely limited. An army of grunt LuBu's sounds fun though. Once.

Apparently quite a lot of the weapons are reused between characters, which means a few characters are basically going to be identical. (Not a huge shock given the roster size.) Technique characters have been horrendously nerfed, it seems, and there's pretty much no reason to play them, and speed types have lost their second super. The story mode is *all* there is. It still has stage select after you've done stages, but its the only place to build bonds and unlock character, free mode is completely pointless.

Also apparently they're going super cheap and not dubbing it, so its really just for the hardcore fans.

So yeah. Huge roster, but there's quite a few complaints and there. Despite the cast size, it doesn't sound like anything amazing, no rush on it. (Its neat that some more legends from fiction have made their way in, and characters from other games... but they're mostly characters I don't care about, so...) Basara is going to last for a while yet anyway, and I might import OP. Kind of waiting to see if there's an official announcement on an English release, but even if there is, it probably wont be here till the end of the year, so...

3DS friend code: 4398-9931-0463 http://www.anaria.net/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information