+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 655: Punk Hazard

Default Re: Chapter 655: Punk Hazard

It would be kind of funny if the one speaking on the Den-Den Mushi was a dragon being slayed by Samurai, pretty much like in "Monsters" where Ryuuma kills one. Smoker looks really badass with his scar, the island seems to be pretty similar to the island shown when Blackbeard held Bonney and her crew captive, a bit fanservice by Robin and Nami, Luffy´s comments and of course the dragon, everything was really superb in this chapter. I hope that Oda keeps this quality up.

smoker looks awesome, lol'd at referencing to ussops former "binge" eating to stress. THAT DRAGON LOOKS AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    I disagree the fact that the island is prohibited to anyone from entering makes the perfect place for the showdown between the two they could go all out without having to worry about interference from anyone.
    Why would the fight in an island that give the advantage to Akainu. I know that Aokiji is powerful and can probably use his powers despite the heat, but I'm prett sure there are more 'neutral' islands.

Punk Hazard is getting me excited already... as well as Robin's legs.
    Currently playing Brave Frontier.
    PLAYER ID: 8388830458 | IGN: Tygsgg
    Leaders: Duelmex,Michele,Alice,Mega
    Add me guys!

Quote Originally Posted by †Sanke† View Post
    Even more chaotic weather, secret bases, and boy are those G-5 marines brutal. Are they criminals recruited by Akainu for the sake of 'Justice' perhaps? Smoker sure doesnt seem to like 'em much...

Oh, and in b4 the stream of dumb predictions involving Luffy defeating the dragon by shouting at it...
    FUS ROH DAH!!! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Rewrite View Post
    We can already create clouds in the reality ( was in an episode of Top Gear) so I see why not =P makes Nami more badass!!

But damnnn this chapter was epic!!
    Way back in chapter 303, Usopp tried to create some with a Milky Dial, but it wasn't possible due to the different environment.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

It's me or Luffy face is the kind of reaction before asking to join his crew? This reminds me the same structure as when Brook was asked to join, Ussop lost and only half people go explore.

If you guys ask about the little girl in the cover, there she is:

And Tyrannosaurus - Iceburg's mouse is sure grow..

Oh god that chapter was like 1/4 fanservice with Luffy and Zoro going shirtless(thank you Oda). And Robin I guess. Such a subtle view of her on that last page.

That dragon was better looking than I was expecting(I swear to god if anyone speculates it'll become the Straw Hats' pet...)! Can't wait to see what kinda role it'll play. Punk Hazard itself is really cool looking too. Didn't think we'd ever see an island like it, so I'm extremely pleased with what we got. Can't wait to learn more about this samurai figure. Was also cool to see the island Urouge encountered two years prior. I wonder if there's still a chance they can go there. I wanted to see how the hell people actually get through that trial.

Kinda annoyed that Usopp is back to being a wuss about dangerous islands. Easy to fall back into old habits I guess. Hopefully he doesn't do this with every island they go to. Zoro and Robin were charming this chapter, as was Nami.

Quote Originally Posted by Ping View Post
    http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg441...png&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg7/s...png&res=medium
    Oh d'aww, I didn't even notice Tyrannosaurus there. How cute.
    Last edited by FelRes; February 1st, 2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Cause Tyrannosaurus wasn't worthy of a whole new post

Okay, I need to take a breathe...
    This arc has an amazing premise, everything that happened is really cool. Smoker looks badass, I didn't expect that his design would be so much better than before. Too bad Ryuma is long gone, I would like some sort of dragon hunter now. But the crew interaction has to be the best thing of this chapter.

Next chapter is going to start with Luffy going: "Are you my dad?"
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me…

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    It would be kind of funny if the one speaking on the Den-Den Mushi was a dragon being slayed by Samurai, pretty much like in "Monsters" where Ryuuma kills one. Smoker looks really badass with his scar, the island seems to be pretty similar to the island shown when Blackbeard held Bonney and her crew captive, a bit fanservice by Robin and Nami, Luffy´s comments and of course the dragon, everything was really superb in this chapter. I hope that Oda keeps this quality up.
    Ryuuma is supposed to be famous, even in Wa-No-Kuni, for slaying a dragon. I don't think every samurai can just do that.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

THE DRAGON FOR NAKAMA!!!!

(well.. someone had to do it)

really enjoyed this chapter as its presented a load of great things to look forward too and i love some of the new designs. I really like the new look of Smoker (he looks pretty damn frightening) and the dragon was really cool. Nice little foreshadowing of the Wano Country Arc in the near future and Punk Shelter looks really cool (i havent read any of this thread yet but im guessing that everyone else reckons that this is the island where sakazuki and kuzan fought). Oh and Ussopp was on fine form this chapter, he made me chuckle a good few times
    Theory Time!
    The dude with the 'Sabo' hat in Doflamingo's crew is one of the 'Toy' people

Dragon for nakama!
    Right now, the Marines may be taking me lightly... but I'm telling ya...
    The one who's gonna cause them the most trouble in the end is me…

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    That would be effin' hilarious and I can totally see Oda do that.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

I reread the chapter again and.. DAYUM! I really thought Robin was wearing a miniskirt on the last panel...
    Currently playing Brave Frontier.
    PLAYER ID: 8388830458 | IGN: Tygsgg
    Leaders: Duelmex,Michele,Alice,Mega
    Add me guys!

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ping View Post
    http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg441...png&res=medium

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg7/s...png&res=medium
    Hey, thanks I'd forgotten about this! I love the look on the little girl as she's staring into the ass of her competition. She look not intimidated, somehow pitying her while reassuring her confidence in herself. Or at least that's what I get. It's a great expression.

I wonder if Punk Hazard will be a standard arc, or more of a mood setting event like Whiskey Peak. Could this be another Little Garden, which introduces us to the dangers of this place? Very Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Ahahaha I'd fucking die.

3DS Code: 1435-3516-1823

Zoro and Luffy took off their shirts? And Usopp was already there? Dear god, thank you Oda for remembering the female readers after last chapter with Nami.

This group will be awesome, Zoro and Luffy with their immense stupidity making poor Usopp go insane with Robin not being much help.

Quote Originally Posted by mickdestroy View Post
    In Oda we thrust.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information