+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 656: "Adventure on the Burning Island"

~Preventing dryer fires in washrooms across the country~

Default Re: Chapter 656: "Adventure on the Burning Island"

I'm sure everyone has already noticed but "Punk Hazard", Vegapunk and hazard? The island is probably some old abandoned government research facility where Vegapunk used to do studies, and that would also explain the marine and WG stickers on the entrance. http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/655/13 And as for the whole island being engulfed in flames but the guy on the den den mushi saying it was freezing cold, I know this theory is put down a lot, but it could be where Aokiji and Akainu fought. I mean, it is logical but also not at the same time. I don't really know, just some thoughts.~

There's a possibility of both taking, or took, place in Punk Hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    That was a good action chapter!
    I actually think neither Law or Buggy has anything to do with this. If Buggy separates his lower body can't talk. If Law uses his powers, the victim's lower body can't talk either. This is a new thing.
    Then again, it seems buggy has been talking out his ass for quite some time now . . maybe he developed his ability and can physically do it now?

If Law has done this, why didn't his crew notice the strawhats when they abducted them
    The general answer seems to be that this is not Law's crew. They are instead another party involved with the chapter. I tend to agree with this idea, because I like when there are lots of parties involved for their own reasons constantly pulling the plot in different directions. But the reason they would recognize the crew is because of something that happened two years ago. The newer members of laws crew -- should there be any -- would most likely not know Luffy or his crew. They may have heard about Luffy from others, or seen his poster, but this does not mean they are or are not a part of Law's crew.

The abductors are part of Vegapunk's group
    There still remains very little knowledge about Vegapunk. The general relationship between Vegapunk and this arc is that Vegapunk and Punk Hazard both have the word 'Punk' in it. There are small details that some have put together, but there still is not very much leading up to this arc being that Vegapunk is involved. The biggest hint we have on who is involved in this island is the pair of legs mentioning shichibukai, knowledge of Law's devil fruit, and that smokers mysterious sect of marines is on their way. If anything, I feel whomever abducted the strawhats is not related to Law, the Marines, or Vegapunk. The only reason I do not feel it is Vegapunks men, is because I do not see anything really leading that he is involved with this arc.

The idea that saying that no one would miss a few pirates indicates that they are government
    I think we have seen a few things like this, but I think a good number of pirates share the same idea. It's an accurate statement, if pirates are generally unpopular because they are theives or murderers, then I think that is something that certianly be agreed upon among pirates and marines.

Just my two cents

Heir of night and time Taggerung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    Let's not forget that the Sunny is big in its own accord - Brook could be somewhere over the rainbow were blue birds fly.

Brook does not breath. Unbeknownst to him as he sings a classical song about blue birds and dreams, that the Sunny is being smoked out.
    he's right behind all the others when sanji comes out...he's in the background
    I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Oh come on, not this again...

5 of them get captured the rest need to save them again. I thought Sanji would at least felt "evil" presence or something, and they all get owned by the gas....

I don't know, of course I'll wait for the development but I dislike the start of this "arc", it screams another "rescue" arc to me.
    Oh forgot to say that other than that this was a really really interesting chapter. Informations and questions just kept flying left and right. Ok this dragon talks, then ok...so this guy talks...he is sticked to Dragon and mentions Shichibukai? Great Law became a Shichibukai...wow this guys in suit, they are pirates so it's ok...together with that call from earlier ...

So we are going to have one really interesting arc.

4 different groups all involved

- SH's
    - Law
    - this group of guys in the suit and their master
    - Smoker
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    Now, people, let us not forget that the time-skip was for EVERYONE to grow more stronger in their own ways.

We can't say (read: can't) that Buggy still has his old chop-chop his body parts after two years as shichibukai. It would be real groaner to have Buggy be the same old weak Buggy without any new techniques and stuff.

You might ask, "Why would Oda have Buggy learn how to chop other people when Law already does that?"

Then, might I ask you, "Why would Law still have his same old, same old power after two years?"

I believe, and yes, believe that Buggy is behind that chopping of that samurai. But he has grown stronger after 2 years, but doesn't mean he'll surpass the likes of the Supernovae.

Maybe...
    For you and all those guys that think this might be Buggy's doing...

STOP. WITH. THIS. BULLSHIT.

There's absolutely no evidence that Buggy is able to make other people split like himself. That would be beyond retarded because Buggy's signature weapons are daggers. The Bara Bara no Mi allows him to separate and control parts of his body. If he was able to do the same thing to his opponents, then his fruit would be awfully similar to Law and Oda is much more creative than that.

Also, how exactly would Buggy be able to separate and control other people's body parts? Is he just going to "wish" for his opponent to split their limbs? At least Law has the excuse to first make a "room" where only everything inside it is under his control. Buggy's ability is limited to his body only. The biggest improvement Buggy could make with his ability is being able to split himself in very thin parts to the point of being virtually intangible.

And for the love of God, stop mentioning Brook. His new powers make sense because the Yomi Yomi no Mi was relatively useless when compared to other Devil Fruits, so Oda decided to fix that. Buggy's DF is decent on his own right.
    Last edited by King Cannon; February 8th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    4 different groups all involved

- SH's
    - Law
    - this group of guys in the suit and their master
    - Smoker
    Wouldn't it be 5 groups? I'm not really sure if the samurai would just help the SHs here, atleast not yet.

I rarely come on just to say that I loved a chapter because I feel it takes away from the impact of a comment like that if it's said all the time, but this chapter was great to me. I thought Zoro was awesome and the head cut was both amazing and brutal. Also, I liked the gas twist. I didn't see that coming and I kind of like when several things are going on at once. Knowing that the crew is in danger gives me an exciting feeling because you just feel like you want to tell the others that the crew is in trouble. All in all, I'm glad that the enemy is unaware of the others SH members and possibly Brook. Look forward to chapters to come. Don't know what to say about the half-man... though first instincts told be Doflamingo, though I'm perfectly aware that Buggy and Law are possibilities.
    "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."

I think One Piece represents that very well.

Is there a Japanese Script somewhere online? If there is, some of the confusions will be cleared because of translation problems!!!

This arc is like Alabasta all over again with many many sides "fighting" for different courses

Teams as of now
    - SHs
    - A crew of people getting cut down by SAMURAI who has a "Boss" [which seems to be a PRIATE CREW] (because some pirate crews call their captain "boss" - like Shanks' crew)
    - SAMURAI (maybe there is more than one or the upper half of the torso man can cut down people ...) and one of them is the half torso man
    - People in the GAS SUITS that has a "Master" which referred to as M
    - M
    - Shichibukai which is referred to by the torso man - he might not be on this island anymore. We have no idea how long the man is stuck to the dragon but 90% feels like Law's doing due to his DF powers
    - Smoker who is on his way

And there might be more parties on the way ....

by kamesoul @ LJ

This confirms it:

Luffy will NEVER use 'normal' gomu attacks again.All attacks will be Jet,and he will use haki for more 'oomph'.Which makes sense cause he can activate gear second anytime he wants,so why hold back and use normal attacks when it takes a second to activate gear second on any body part

So no more dramatic scenes of Luffy pumping blood and posing(despite what the anime wants you to believe)

lol brook has no lungs. nice skull joke oda! soul king to the rescue!!!!!

It cant be any clearer that this is laws doing , no matter how you look at it it all leads back to law.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Jiru View Post
    On the left that looks familiar. Is that from an earlier work that Oda did?

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    Yeah, Monsters.http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi.../c000/112.html

It's Samurai Ryumma from Wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    Yes, it's from one of his earlier manga called Wanted, where the samurai Ryuuma (whom Zoro fought at Thriller Bark) sliced a dragon's head off. Wano Country, which was mentioned last chapter, is Ryuuma's homeland (Monsters is part of the OP canon).
    Last edited by Czechmate; February 8th, 2012 at 07:28 PM.

So when legs mentions he got seperated, he may be talking about from his upper half as well as from the dragon.. Maybe. It would be cool if he is a decendent of Ryuma.

Also: holy crap, only Oda could pull of some shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baou Zakurga View Post
    This confirms it:

Luffy will NEVER use 'normal' gomu attacks again.All attacks will be Jet,and he will use haki for more 'oomph'.Which makes sense cause he can activate gear second anytime he wants,so why hold back and use normal attacks when it takes a second to activate gear second on any body part
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/656/8
    http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/636/16

H
    e might use them more than pre-timeskip but he isn't using it for every single move.

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Has anyone entertained the idea that this torso could become a new crewmember? It all depends on what that upper body is! For all we know it could be someone we know in a new outfit.

Regardless though, I hope Oda takes full advantage of this mystery torso's character design. The legs are a bit bland, but I have high hopes for that face.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information